HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   For er- pr - neg. When did period come back? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56059)

rava 09-25-2012 06:41 AM

For er- pr - neg. When did period come back?

I had my last period in January this year. Finished chemo in May. I'm still waithing for my period to come back... Don't want to be in chemopause .... Im 39 years old. When did your periods return? (If they did)

'lizbeth 09-25-2012 09:02 AM

Re: For er- pr - neg. When did period come back?

Mine did - within 9 - 12 months after chemo. Sporadically, 1 a year, 2 a year, 3 a year, this year 5 periods. Heavy and one was 3 weeks long.

From my experience get regular checkups (annual is best) since breast cancer survivors have an increased risk of gynological cancer. Be aware of symptoms such as irregular periods, bloating, a sensation of fullness, frequent urination.

I did enjoy chemopause and being period free.

I just had an endometrial biopsy (all good) and a pelvic ultrasound (find out within a week) since I had symptoms.

Becky 09-25-2012 01:57 PM

Mine did in 7 months

NEDenise 09-25-2012 05:11 PM

Been over a year for me...but I don't miss it one bit! :)

rava 09-26-2012 07:11 AM

It is not that I miss my periods, but I'm not to keen on this chemopause I'm in. I want hormones to go back to normal. I have vaginal dryness and I can't seem to loose any weight no matter what! I exhersise, I watch my diet, have been for months now, but the weight is still the same. As to the vaginal dryness I don't want my sexlife to end at the age of 39... My husband is understanding but I don't know for how long. We have tried oils and lube but it just does not do the trick :(

The weight came on when I started taxotere and Herceptin. I'm seriously thinking about ending Herceptin treatment. I have 6 more rounds before I finish in February 2013....

I find this all very depressing..

greenacres 09-27-2012 01:33 PM

Hi there. I finished my chemo in April of 2010. I got my periods back in about January the following year. I've had them ever since, but they are not normal - off/on, light heavy....NOT fun!

Mandamoo 09-27-2012 04:36 PM

I'm stage 4 and in continual treatment - just had a chemo break of about 8 weeks (started TDM1 last week) and got my period for the first time in 18 months yesterday! Go figure! (I'm 40)

Ruth 09-27-2012 05:29 PM

Rava - mine returned about 6 - 9 months after the completion of chemo....I was 36. I hope it comes back for you. I was extremely irregular before cancer and have been on a 28 day cycle ever since with no break!!! Crazy!Hugs - Ruth