HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A much needed group hug........... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36528)

Mary Jo 11-11-2008 04:56 PM

A much needed group hug...........

Hello sisters and brothers....

I felt the need to start a thread as a way for each of us to hug one another (in a cyber kind of way). It's been a rough year. Our her2support family has grieved many, many times this year. TOO many times.

We all love those who have passed on and we here who are left are saddened by what this disease can do. Not only does it sadden us but it scares us. Everyone of us.

I hope you can "feel" my hugs to each of you....."feel" my "crying" heart and the sadness I carry tonight. We need to continue to be strong as we fight this disease but we also need to remember that "controling" this disease isn't anything we can do. Our loved ones who have passed on fought their hearts out to live but sadly their life was not meant to continue. They are now living in Glory.........with no more suffering....no more pain...........! They will be our angels of light to help us carry on until that day each of us are called Home.

Let us stay strong.......let us have peaceful hearts and let us have hearts that reach out in love everyday to all those in our lives. Life is short BUT it is sweet...........

I love you guys SINCERELY and my heart is hurting.

Feel my hugs to you as I feel yours to me.

Mary Jo

Patb 11-11-2008 06:00 PM

I'm in on the hug. I am feeling very sad right now.
I miss a few days on the internet and then I open
the site and go, OH NO,. This has been a very sad
year and all the wonderful people we have lost to
this disease. God bless all of us and we must go on
and enjoy life and find a cure!!!!

Faith in Him 11-11-2008 06:14 PM

Thanks for the hugs. My heart is hurting also.

Ceesun 11-11-2008 06:25 PM

Hugs to all my sisters and brothers on this board. My heart aches for those we have lost...too many and too often these days. May God Bless, Ceesun

Mary Anne in TX 11-11-2008 06:59 PM

Hugs and love to all! I get so sad when heaven claims another angel. and it scares me too! But it also makes me more determined to fight on for me and for the warriors who have earned their wings. I have to remind myself to think of all the warriors who are out there living to the hilt and defying all the odds. Luv to each and every one! ma p.s. thanks MJ

Sheila 11-11-2008 07:18 PM

Great idea MaryJo...and something we can all use right now...as my little Jazzie would say...GROUP HUG!!!!!

flynny 11-11-2008 07:25 PM

Ditto on the Hugs. It makes me so sad to see how much this disease takes away from the ones we love.

DanaRT 11-11-2008 08:05 PM

Thanks Mary Jo, We DO need a big group hug. At times this forum is difficult to visit with so much loss and frustration.
I was able to meet 15 BC friends at a function a few weeks ago (three of us were Her2 +++) and the hugs/friendship were terrific. We need to keep lifting each other up and mourn the losses together no matter how painful through our posts.

Yorkiegirl 11-11-2008 08:29 PM

Ditto and ditto on the hugs. It has been such a sad year for us here on the group.

DonnaD 11-11-2008 10:12 PM

My heart is aching for Lily (her family) and all others who have fought this battle and are smiling down on us right now. Hold tight dear friends and feel the comfort in hugs only we can understand. I will miss you dear Lily. Prayers are with you Micheal.
Donna

Paty 11-11-2008 10:44 PM

Dear sisters,

I join you all in this warm ciber hug. We all need each other and I am happy to have you. Love you all,

Paty

schoolteacher 11-12-2008 05:15 AM

This post has helped to create a good start for my day. I have been really sad lately. Thanks for the hugs and I send each of you a hug and my love.

Amelia

newgg 11-12-2008 06:06 AM

Cyber Hugs

Think that this thread was a GREAT idea. Cyber Hugs...right hand on left shoulder....left hand on right shoulder.....now SQUEEZE !! We need each other and support each other. To all b/c sisters, brothers and supporters of us.....HUGS ! And Prayers...many, strong prayers!!
Bonnie

eric 11-12-2008 06:19 AM

You go Marejo! Big hugs all around and I want to echo Donna's thoughts to Michael. My heart hurts when I think about Lily not being here. My love to all, Eric

karenann 11-12-2008 07:45 AM

Thanks Marejo. Love and hugs to everyone.

Karen

sarah 11-12-2008 08:39 AM

Great idea Mary Jo,
count me in on a really BIG hug. I can feel your hugs and I feel better. I too feel incredible sad each time we lose a member of our cherished family or read that one is in great pain.
I don't know what I would do if you weren't all there, I know it would be a sadder and harder road.
BIG HUG and love
sarah

freyja 11-12-2008 09:26 AM

Hugs.

I'm in on that hug. My husband is, too. He says he doesn't understand why we're spending so much time and money and lives in Iraq when we could be saving people like Lily. Looking forward to that increase in funding for cancer research our new president is planning. At least we have each other to help keep ourselves strong. Thank you all.
Celeste

Believe51 11-12-2008 10:44 AM

Thank Goodness For My friends Here..

Uuuuhhh!!! Gynormous hug to you all and a giant thanks for this thread Marejo, we all need this. We have suffered incredible losses this year, along with reoccurrences of members and other devastating circumstances.

I am in need of hugs today and always. I too, am scared. Today we go to OncoMan to continue conquering this brain met saga. As much as I try to worry about things right in front of Ed and I, I am scared to death with what is happening right now.

I am French so I will be kissing both sides of all your checks before your take-your-breath away hugs. For today I will skip the lip balm, is that a deal??

Thanks again for this thread Marejo and all our family who needs these hugs too. I feel loved, protected and a little less scared knowing all of you are right behind us no matter what.

Wish us luck 'cause here we go again!! Uuuuhhh, just another hug before I go. We are all in this together.>>Believe51

tricia keegan 11-12-2008 10:53 AM

Room for one more???

Great idea Marejo, it's been a sad year and we've lost so many close friends to this disease. It becomes hard to keep a proper perspective on it at times and I reckon a group hug and good wishes are what we all could use right now!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_8_14.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gif

juanita 11-12-2008 03:49 PM

my arms are outstretched too! thank you for such beautiful posts.