HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bone Pain (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50754)

Deb33 07-14-2011 10:46 AM

Bone Pain

I am new to this world and am in the early "freak out" day's of hypochondria. Every new sensation is the c invading something somewhere on me - I know this will go away in time.

My question - what does it feel like when you have spread to your bones? Is it an overall ache like I had during chemo? Kind of like coming down with the flu? Or is it a specific pain in a certain area? Or a pain only with pressure?

Sorry to be crazy - I am sure you all remember these early days.

caya 07-14-2011 02:45 PM

Re: Bone Pain

Deb,

I see you are still on Herceptin. I was very achy and had lots of joint pain while on it - I think this is pretty common.

Try not to worry too much - I know that's easy to say, but try. You can mention this to your onc. when you go for your next Herceptin infusion.

all the best
caya

Becky 07-15-2011 06:05 AM

The "T" part of your chemo also does this and it can bother you for quite a bit longer than you think.

Chelee 07-15-2011 02:28 PM

Deb,
All of us on this board can relate to those "freak out" days as you call them. It's a very normal part of living in cancerland...but in time it will get better. That said I really have to agree with Becky. Most likely it's the Taxotere that's responsible for any aches or pains your having. I did TCH and it lingered quite a while after trt was finished.

I have bone mets to both hips and it is a more specific pain. Some of the pain does radiate to the entire hip area...but the main pain is in the hips itself.

Your body has been through alot...but given a little bit more time I think you will be very surprised at how good you will feel. :)

Chelee

Deb33 07-15-2011 02:35 PM

Thank you SO much for your feedback - I really appreciate it and have climbed off the ledge for awhile.

sassy 07-15-2011 03:22 PM

Deb,

Hang in there. Aches and pains will get better in time, and the constant worry will abate.

BTW--It isn't fair that you look THAT Fantastic BALD!

Deb33 07-15-2011 03:34 PM

Oh gosh - thank you so much - it seems I can't remember having hair (except clip on hair with wigs). I even dream with hair. I know that this too shall pass.

Kmswilson 07-18-2011 02:54 AM

I'm fairly new at this, too, six months into treatment. I do have general overall bone aches with the treatment. I have bone mets in my spine and sacrum that are pretty heavy. Before diagnosis, I assumed it was my arthritis acting up for months. It was very specific to my lower back and totally different from the general bone aches. The day I got the news of the mets, in fact, I could barely sit at work, and I had to pace around. The pain was up there with having a kidney stone, and that thought actually crossed my mind, it was just in a different place than where I've had kidney stones! My scans show that I have a compression fracture in my spine from the cancer weakening the bones. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that my pain associated with the mets has been very, very specific and unlike general bone aches! My smaller mets in my rib, sternum, and upper arm I haven't really felt anything. Glad youve talked yourself back from the ledge! I hear you, I feel like I peer over the ledge with fear every time I feel something new! This sure is a bumpy, sucky ride we're on! Glad we have the support of this forum to help keep things in check!