HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ascites, anyone? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57879)

jml 04-21-2013 01:05 PM

Ascites, anyone?

Hi Friends,
Anyone have experience with ascites & successful intervention?
To make a long story short, I have had gradually increasing belly "bloating", but have just really noticed how significant and unyielding it is ~10 days ago.
An unexpected, unrelated ER visit showed a small amount of fluid in me pritoneum but not enough to safely aspirate.
I'm currently still on vacation & am delaying dealing with my reality, but head back to Atl tomorrow.
Just wondering if anyone can share some wisdom?

Keeping the Faith~
Jessica

ElaineM 04-21-2013 03:45 PM

Re: Ascites, anyone?

Sorry no wisdom to share, but I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Take good care of yourself.

sassy 04-21-2013 06:04 PM

No wisdom, but want you to know know I'm thinking of you Jessica.

Much love,

KsGal 04-21-2013 10:15 PM

I didn't have any intervention, but I did have some abdominal ascites with my mets to the liver. My doctor said most of it was towards the back, whatever that means, and didn't act like it was too much of a big deal. Wish I could be more informative. Certainly thinking of you and sending lots of prayers.

Cat 04-22-2013 08:12 AM

Hi jml, I had ascites last year. My BC went to bowel with blockage, in hospital for blockage when they saw the fluid on CT, they drained it. Seemed like a lot to me but said it was small. Went on abraxane herceptin and tykerb. Did well, doc checked abdomen regularly but seemed under control. Kidney cancer L side ablated then most recently BC to R kidney when I started getting blocked up again. Now on Kadcyla (1 TX) and feeling better already. Not much discussion or seeming concern once I had results with the abraxane but back to checking abdomen again. I think because I had tumors to watch as long as I wasn't bloating they weren't too concerned with the ascites but I also assumed it too was controlled with chemo.
Hope this helps and things go well for you.

jml 04-22-2013 11:18 AM

Thanks everyone for you support & responses.
I'm so disappointed by this new complication bc it indicates that the Pertuzumab, Herceptin Taxotere combo isn't doing the job- inspite of pretty darn good scans that showed my liver to be clean. Clearly iits not:(. Ugh-another failed combo- so disappointing and scary.
I fly back to Atl today & expect to see my docs as soon as I get back. I want to find out what's going on, but am scared.
Keeping the Faith~
jessica

tricia keegan 04-22-2013 02:20 PM

Holding good thoughts for you Jessica!

StephN 04-22-2013 10:31 PM

Dear Jessica -
Glad you were able to get away even if your body was giving you some new signals.
Several women over the years have posted on this development. Some were able to overcome this and my prayer is that you will join that number.
Holding you in positive thoughts for the doctor visit.