HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone Get To NED On Tykerb/Xeloda/Herceptin? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50011)

KDR 05-15-2011 03:38 PM

Anyone Get To NED On Tykerb/Xeloda/Herceptin?

Just wondering...did anyone get to NED on this combo...from Stage IV...?
Thanks
Karen

radiant 05-17-2011 12:04 PM

Re: Anyone Get To NED On Tykerb/Xeloda/Herceptin?

Hi Karen - I think you have a shot at remission w/this. On breastcancer.org (bco.org for short) a stage iv woman's onc said that the clinical trials show she has a good shot of remission on just tykerb and herceptin. And, you are adding another actual chemo - xeloda.

Fingers crossed,

Kim

Sheila 05-17-2011 01:40 PM

Karen, I had a good run of "stable" with Xeloda and Herceptin, then a shorter run of "stable" with Tykerb Herceptin....never found NED...still searching for him for 8 years....at this point, I am very happy with stable disease, aka no new areas of concern, and the present ones are unchanged.

KDR 05-18-2011 05:17 PM

Thanks! We can all watch and wait!
Sheila, glad to see you are up and at it with vigor again!
Karen

pibikay 05-20-2011 12:54 AM

I am a bit thick What does NED stand for.Thanks

adelay 05-20-2011 04:26 AM

No you are not thick... I wondered the same thing when I first found this site. No Evidence of Disease, something we all want to be!

KDR 05-20-2011 06:24 AM

My husband's native language is Arabic, and one complaint he had about mastering the English language is...all the abbreviations...we do have many. EPA, DEC, FDA, PTA, Rx, on and on! Yes, NED = No Evidence of Disease. Got there once, have to do it again. I would like to remind everyone here that Kathy Rich, a New Yorker who is a 20-year metastatic breast cancer survivor, is still alive and well. She is the author of "The Red Devil (To Hell With Cancer And Back)," and now "Dreaming In Hindi," about a year she spent in India, learning the language and culture. She gives all of us hope.
Best
Karen

pibikay 05-21-2011 03:35 AM

KDR.All the best.

KristinSchwick 09-12-2011 01:47 PM

Karen,
I'm also hoping that this combo works wonders. I am on Tykerb and Xeloda (no herceptin) and I will get a scan in a few months to see where I'm at. Fingers crossed.

Delaney 09-13-2011 12:56 AM

I had a lump removed from my chest wall a couple of weeks ago and scans show everything else is cleared up. I wasnt told I am NED though, the doctor said 'you might be ok for a while now'. I am off chemo now and on herceptin/tyverb/zometa. Hope it works for a LONG WHILE!

Ellie F 09-13-2011 11:42 AM

Really glad to hear this good news.

Ellie

dawn 09-14-2011 05:28 PM

Im starting tykerb/xeloda combo next week. Hoping to put my liver mets into remission. will keep you posted.
Dawn

KDR 10-06-2011 02:56 PM

Dawn,
Wondering...why didn't onco do the Tykerb, Herceptin & Xeloda?
Wishing you well,
Karen

dawn 10-08-2011 06:59 PM

Hi Karen,

Im not sure why they stopped herceptin but I'm going to ask my onc. I've just finished my first cycle of tykerb/xeloda and feeling great. I'm not due for another scan until November. But I'm thinking I'll call my onc on Tuesday. It's Thanksgiving weekend here in canada and monday is a holiday.

Dawn

Jackie07 10-08-2011 11:27 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Dawn. (And Carolyn, Nora, Pink, YellowTail, Lois ... etc.)

dawn 10-10-2011 07:00 AM

Thanks Jackie,

Had a wonderful dinner with my family and close friends. Oh my, the food. We had a scavenger hunt for the kids also and they had a blast. Today my younger sister is making turkey soup and hot turkey sandwiches with home fries for dinner, that should finish off the turkey. Fantastic holiday this year

Dawn

dogleg2 07-29-2012 09:45 AM

Yes Ned on zometa..herceptin..tykerb

pwiswell 09-16-2012 10:03 PM

My prayers are with you that you remain in NED. I hope i see that some day as well.