HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   feeling less and less like I'll be here much longer (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60619)

debsing 03-27-2014 05:53 PM

feeling less and less like I'll be here much longer

Had the gamma knife procedure to three spots but the MRI right before showed five tiny spots too small to treat.. also the fluid I had drained a week ago is building up again and it was non malignant so I'm wondering if my liver is beat up or scarred? I see oncologist tomorrow...

tricia keegan 03-27-2014 06:00 PM

Re: feeling less and less like I'll be here much longer

Debsing I have no advice sadly but just wanted to send you good wishes and (((hugs))) and hope others that know more can lift your spirits. xx

debsing 03-27-2014 06:15 PM

I can't bare the thought of leaving my daughter

europa 03-27-2014 06:22 PM

I have no words that will make this nightmare any less than what it is. But I think your Oncologist will have a plan. These days they have so many combinations of drugs and options.
Sending love, hope and prayers

Kkmom 03-27-2014 06:36 PM

Debsing,
I am not in your shoes, but I have been at the place which I felt hopeless. Today's medicine and technology has kept so many of us well and alive longer than ever can be imagined. This is the time to keep on fighting for your health, your life, a longer time with your daughter. Don't give up now. Talk w/your oncologist and expect a plan that will work for your total health. I will be praying for you and sending you hope. Pam

Cat 03-27-2014 06:38 PM

I'm so sorry you're so down right now but really see what the onc says but like Europa said there are so many options now. I understand the fear of leaving children but maybe that could be a reason to fight? Is your daughter young?
So many hugs and prayers to you. Cathy

Carol Ann 03-27-2014 07:03 PM

Debsing, I am hoping along with everyone else here the oncologist will have a plan for you ... please keep us posted! I don't have any advice but wanted you to know I am thinking of and rooting for you!

Carol Ann

KDR 03-27-2014 07:25 PM

Debsing,
I am not familiar with what drugs you have taken? Where are you being treated? Are you happy with your doctors?
Tell us about your daughter. We understand your feelings very well.
There is a lot of good, sound advice to be had here, and many friends and connections to make. Disheartening news and repeated knockdowns can put anyone in darkness, not just you; you are not alone.
As Bonnie would famously say, "Keep the faith."
Write when you can,
Your friend,
Karen

IrvineFriend 03-27-2014 07:37 PM

Debsing,

I'm sorry to hear your despair, having a child while battling cancer is the worst nightmare come true. But as others have said, there are so many options out there now. Women are having complete response, and many have been on here for years to offer support and hope to us still much newer. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.
-Julie

Pray 03-27-2014 08:36 PM

Debsing, please know that I'm hoping and praying very hard for you and your family. Gods blessings

Pamelamary 03-27-2014 11:01 PM

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - let us know how it goes.
Best wishes....Pam

Nurse4u2day 03-27-2014 11:20 PM

Debsing as I lay down to sleep I will be saying a prayer for you . Just wanted you to know prayers are being said for you on this night.

BonnieR 03-28-2014 12:07 AM

KDR is right! My manta is "keep the faith" because we see miracles here all the time. And even when we're down, it's important to have hope. That's what keeps us all going. A day at a time. You're here today with your daughter so don't squander it with worry about the future Enjoy right now. And take comfort in all the medical advances and interventions that we read about here all the time. It can all be managed. We are here for you and will offer support and love. It wold help if we knew a little more about you
Keep the faith

sarah 03-28-2014 12:31 AM

Dear Debsing,
So sorry you're feeling so much despair but it's normal with cancer.
As others have said there are many treatments available, Try to get your boxing gloves back on and ask for solutions and maybe it's time to see other oncologists and get their opinions and maybe another surgeon,
you didn't mention the drugs you've taken or where you live,
many on this forum have traveled your road and have good advice but I know all will say, keep up the fight, the war isn't over, this is just another tough battle unfortunately.
I hope you have a good family and friends nearby to support you,
when you can, let us know what your onc says, what drugs you've taken, where you live and what you plan to do. we are thinking of you,
hugs and love sarah

michka 03-28-2014 01:47 AM

Debsing, I know that feeling but don't loose hope. What treament have you had so far? Did your oncs figure out what was generating the fluid? Stay strong, love, Michka

Lisalou 03-28-2014 05:05 AM

Thinking of you and sending you healing energy and prayers to you and your daughter.
Lisa

Bunty 03-28-2014 06:16 AM

Debsing, thinking of you today when you visit your onc. As many are saying, please keep the faith that there will be a way over this hurdle. Big hugs,
Marie x

'lizbeth 03-28-2014 01:45 PM

Debsing,

Keep us posted. We are all waiting to hear news of your visit with your oncologist

RobinP 03-28-2014 02:19 PM

I saying a healing prayer for you right now.

debsing 03-28-2014 04:18 PM

Oncologist says I'm on to herceptin, tykerb and halaven combo.. that's the good news.. the bad news is if it doesn't work he believes I'll need hospice