HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   On Radiation (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53081)

pibikay 02-04-2012 07:11 AM

On Radiation

Hema is on radiation therapy now.It started on Thurday.Saturdays and Sundays were said to be off.But she was asked to report this morning.No side effects so far.But her urine is less.We are wondering if this is the combined effect of the radiation and 24mgs od Deedac a steriod.Hoping for the best

Becky 02-04-2012 09:04 AM

Re: On Radiation

I will be thinking about you and Hema.

ElaineM 02-04-2012 11:16 AM

If Hema's urine is less she could be dehydrated. Have the doctor check her blood chemistry creatine. She can drink more liquids or eat more foods with liquids. Fruits and soups are a great way to do that if she is not interested in drinking more water. Her doctor might want to give her I .V. fluids if she is dehydrated.
I hope the radiation goes well.

KsGal 02-05-2012 12:53 AM

Lots of prayers that the radiation is tolerable and effective. :)

Deb33 02-05-2012 10:50 AM

I just finished my radiation a month ago. I was told that I would blister and have a tough time because of all the chemo I had taken. An Acupuncturist recommended a burn sauve that really saved my skin and I came through really well. It is called Springwind Burn Sauve and is approved by radiation oncologists. It is thick and brown and smells like herbs but works. You can order it online. I couldn't tolerate any of the other aloes or lotions.
Good Luck - you will do fine and this too shall pass.

sarah 02-06-2012 05:20 AM

and Deb you look beautiful and radiant! thanks for the info on the cream will pass along to our support group, not sure if it will be available in France and UK.

jml 02-06-2012 06:45 AM

Hope Hema is settling into the daily Rads schedule and she's tolerating the steroids.
I'm amidst 15 rounds of WBR for 8 lesions in my brain. I've got 7 more treatments and so far so good on this end - I'm pretty surprised by how well I feel.
I take the decadron 1st thing in the a.m. with breakfast, which gives me a good zip of energy through the 3pm or so.
Then I take the second dose (though they're starting to wean my p.m. dose now) ~6pm so not to interrupt a good night's sleep. Not much luck with that though.
I'm trying to be really diligent about staying hydrated, but that's also bc I'm on comcommitant daily Cytoxan that I take in pill form every night.

Sending Hema comfort and smooth sailing through the rest of her treatments~

Keep the Faith

Jessica

Dx-5/17/02 - 33 yo; Stage IV
L IDC w/single liver met
1) Herceptin + Navelbine x 8 weeks - No response; progress to innumerable,immeasureable liver mets
2) ISIS 2504 + Herceptin - 6 mos, partial response
3) Taxol + Herceptin x 13 weeks to NED!
NED for 1 year
9/04 - Single liver lesion recurrence
Taxol + Herceptin - on/off to beat back lesion
12/05 - R Hepatectomy; Liver NED until 2009
3/06- Local recurrence - Left breast, IDC & DCIS, but holding treatment while continue to heal from Hepatectomy.
12/06 - L mastectomy + reconstruction through 8/07
10/07 - Recurrence - supraclav nodes
4) Gemzar + Herceptin - on/off controlling nodes thru
9/08 - 7wks Rads to supraclav nodes
10/08 - Acute Renal Failure - nodes in belly stricturing kidneys. placed permanent ureteral stents
Back on Gemzar + Herceptin, but no longer responding.
5) 05/09 - Tykerb + Xeloda - partial response x 5 mos
6) 10/09 - Xeloda + Herceptin - no response, disease progresses
7) 2/10- Ixempra + Herceptin - partial response x 12 wks.
Discovered single brain lesion x 4mm & liver lesions growing while screening for TDM1 + PI3Kinase study.
6/10 - Novalis to treat brain met - SUCCESSFUL!
8) 6/10 - Chemo-embo w/Adriamyacin to de-bulk liver lesion.
9) 8/10 - Screened & Started TDM1 EAP
Immediate response, disease in belly responds dramatically.
2/11- questionable progression of lung nodules
Discontinue TDM1
10) 3/11 - PI3Kinase + Herceptin - intial good response in 1st 6 weeks but LFT's elevated.
11) 7/11-Discontinue PI3Kinase + Herceptin study;
Disease progression - 2 small lesions in colon – docs have never seen this before in BC
11) 8/11 –Start new combo Halaven+Herceptin
10/14/11 -Completed 3 cycles (9 wks)Halaven+Herceptin...
10/18/11 - Scanxiety time -1st scans since starting this regimen
Good interval response, continue on H+H!
10/25/11 – new 2mm questionable spot in brain? Due to Novalis or new disease?
Re-scan in 8 weeks.
1/3/12- Disease progression; 50%increase size & SUV-R lung, middle lobe 6cm lesion.
R supraclav node multiple, miscellaneous nodes in belly. Colon lesions fired up.
12)Herceptin+ metronomic Cytoxan + Methotrexate.
…on a hope & a prayer. Only chemo I haven’t been on is Taxotere.
Hurry up Pertuzumab & TDM1!
Follow Up Brain Scan on 1/18/12…pleasepleaseplease be okay. I can’t take much more.
1/18/2012- 8 new spots in 8 weeks since last Brain MRI
one 2cm spot in brain stem, one 2cm spot in R temporal lobe.
No symptoms. Suggested tx – WBR x 15 rounds
1/25/12 – Start WBR

michka 02-06-2012 08:31 AM

I am thinking of you both Hema and Jessica. I hope Hema doesn't have bad side effects. Jessica, you have done more than half! I hope the last treatments will go OK. But above all, I hope you will both have excellent results. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Keep posting. Michka

pibikay 02-08-2012 04:31 AM

Thanks Jessica.You have given me some courage.We just returned after her 6th Rad/Her Onc wants her to call him today about the steroid dosage.Hoe he reduces it/All the best to you

Vicky 02-08-2012 09:47 AM

Jessica and Hema,

You are both trailblazing a path that encourages me so! Well wishes and lots of healing light being sent your way!

pibikay 02-18-2012 03:52 AM

just to bring up date.Hema finished her 13th Rad yesterday.Saturday and Sunday are off for rad.Yhe Onc has now reduced the steriods to 1-1-1-9 12 mg a dayfrom 24.She has a bit of odema in her legs. Her sigjt is getting better but the haziness persists.The radiologist Onc said wait for the course to be over.No other side effects except the odema and loss of appetite.What abo you.

Pray 02-20-2012 03:20 PM

PBk and Hema, What a strong loving team you make together. Watching you fight this together is nothing short of heroic! Hope all goes well. Peace.