HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need support/advice!!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39628)

KelliD. 05-30-2009 06:04 AM

Need support/advice!!!!

Found out yesterday, that they think the cancer is back...in my "other" breast. Was having pain Thurs., checked it...hard, red mass on upper part of aroela to nipple. He said from looking at it, he could tell...having a diagnostic mammo & ultrasound Mon. morning to confirm. I'm just numb at this point... Crap!! I just had a mammo in Feb.!! I said that to the dr. & he said "I know, I'm sorry". I said, But I'm still taking Herceptin...and I'm on Tamoxifan...he just kept apologizing...Any thoughts on this or similar experiences shared would be welcomed...And mostly, prayers...

Blessings, Kelli

Cannon 05-30-2009 07:27 AM

Kelli,

So sorry, this is a kick in the stomach! Cancer doesn't mess around, you have to be just as tough back. Thank God you are being vigilant and well monitored.

Wishing you strength to get through the next challenge.

Rebecca

Ellie F 05-30-2009 09:21 AM

So sorry to hear your news. I know you will get some really good advice from others here. It's such a blow when it comes back but you will find the strength to carry on fighting.
I will be saying lots of prayers for you
Hugs Ellie

flynny 05-30-2009 12:13 PM

Kelli, I can only imagine your shock! Your first diagnosis sounds very similar to mine minus the positive nodes. Fight back and fight hard!! You can do it! Lots of hugs are being sent to you now!

Lien 05-30-2009 02:01 PM

That S***s! It must feel very unfair. Good for you for getting it looked at quickly and good for your doc for taking it seriously. I hope it turns out to be benign, but if it isn't, may it be "nipped in the bud".

Hang in there!

Jacqueline

Ceesun 05-30-2009 03:33 PM

I am sorry to hear this--this disease is so unpredictable. Breathe and take the next step. Best to you. Ceesun

mamacze 05-30-2009 07:16 PM

Dear Kelli,
This is kick in the gut news; and scary news at that. Here you thought you had things under control then wham - it recurs in your other breast. Above all else you are, I am sure, sick of being sick.
Take hope. Listen to the options your doctor offers. Ask your oncologist who he/she called to discuss your case with. If you are not satisfied; make sure you get a second opinion BEFORE you start your next round of treatment.
Take hope.
Stay strong and clear minded. Have you checked out clinical trials? Check out our clinical trial message board and log on to clinicaltrials.gov. Have you thought about driving or even flying to the nearest regional cancer center for another opinion?
Don't take this lying down - please stay with us and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Love Kim from CT

juanita 05-30-2009 08:23 PM

just sending lots of prayers and hugs your way!!!!

CindyE 05-31-2009 08:56 AM

Kelli,
So sorry to hear this news. I remember you as you were diagnosed just after me last year and had a lumpectomy like I did too. I will be praying for you. Try and take one day at a time as you deal with these new developments. Please post back any news to us so we can continue to support and pray for you. Take care and God bless.

WomanofSteel 05-31-2009 05:31 PM

Sorry to hear your news. Please keep us posted. Will say a special prayer for you.

Becky 05-31-2009 05:50 PM

Just remember that someone thinking you have cancer in the other breast is different than you having cancer in the other breast. Wait until the biopsy is done. I am hoping and praying for good news. However, if it is not, please, please ensure that a full pathology is done. If it is cancer, it may not be the same cancer and may warrant different treatment.

I am wishing for B9 results. I am giving you a huge hug from NJ.

schoolteacher 06-01-2009 09:49 AM

Kelli,

Sorry to hear your news. I will say a special pray for you. Let us know when you get the results.

Shobha 06-01-2009 10:22 AM

Dear Kelli,

I am sending lots of prayers that it turns out to be benign and your worries are put to rest.

God bless!
shobha

Mary Anne in TX 06-01-2009 02:07 PM

Believing for good news for ya, Kelli! Best wishes, ma

KelliD. 06-01-2009 05:51 PM

Got a good report...thank you all for your prayers!!!!!!!

Bill 06-01-2009 07:13 PM

Thank God! I was getting ready to comment one thing, now I can comment on your good fortune! You rest easy tonight. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Paty 06-01-2009 08:24 PM

Kelli,

Thanks God!!! I am soo happy for you. When I read your post last night I was very sad thinking about this terrible 'enemy'. Let us kinow how you feel, ok??
Lots of love,

Paty

schoolteacher 06-02-2009 05:09 AM

Kelli,

I am so glad you got a good report.

Amelia

WomanofSteel 06-02-2009 05:51 AM

So happy you got a good report!

Shobha 06-02-2009 08:31 AM

So very happy to hear your good news. Sending lots of postive and peaceful thoughts your way.

hugs,
shobha