HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   MRI results and now lack of sleep due to headaches (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51151)

kiwigirl 08-25-2011 01:36 PM

MRI results and now lack of sleep due to headaches

Hi all

I finally got my MRI results.... No new tumors in fact one has gone all together. All have had a large reduction but still there.
Any way i don't know what to do Thursday night last week was a really bad night headaches all over the place. Phoned onc said may be sinus or virus. Anyway this has gone on for a week I had another bad night last night and am getting my sister in law to help with children.

I asked about Gamma knife and my onc said it would not be suitable for me?????

I'm am planning to to go Honolulu 7th Sep and have requested the gamma knife center there look at my notes and see if they will take me.

I don't know whats going on not sure if i have new mets or my old mets are growing or maybe the pain is from shrinking. Whatever it is I don't like it.

We don't have gamma here and it took 6 weeks to finally get my results there are not enough doctors or money in our budget so they try an leave us alone for as long as they can.... And then its to late.

Lets just hope my night time pain in my head is just that a pain and nothing else.

Luv to all
Jacqui

Pam P 08-25-2011 01:42 PM

Re: MRI results and now lack of sleep due to headaches

Jacqui - Good news on the MRI results. But why the pain. Glad you can get a 2nd opinion soon and pray it's still good news. Does anything help the headache? Pain meds? Keeping you in my thoughts for some relief and rest. Pam

ElaineM 08-25-2011 03:43 PM

I hope the headaches can be reduced. Ask one of your docs to prescribe something temporarily until you can get some answers and a new treatment plan if you need it.
Where are you going in Honolulu? I think both Queen's Medical Center and Hawaii Medical Center have gamma knife. Dr. John Lederer would be a good radiologist to talk to. He works at both hospitals. If you do a regular internet search for Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu you will find the link. After that go to "Find a Physician" and search for Dr. Lederer's contact information. I have never had gamma knife, but I have talked to Dr. Lederer about other things. He is knowledgeable.
I live in Hawaii, but I will be busy when you arrive. How long will you be here?
Take good care of yourself.

Trish 08-25-2011 09:48 PM

Hope the headaches ease, Jacqui and I hope there is a good explanation for them. I sympathise re problems getting brain mets diagnosed early-we have a similar situation in Australia but there are at least there is a a couple of places in Sydney that do Gamma treatment.
Trish

JennyB 08-25-2011 10:19 PM

Jacqui,
I know this is different as I don't have the mets but I have had headaches for about 5-6 weeks now. Went and got my eyes tested - got new glasses (didn't previously wear them) helped a little not a lot. Then my darling husband reminded me about my sinus issues in Sydney when AUS was in drought - I got some nasel spray anti histamines and sudafed - 4 days later nearly headache free just a little stress headache over the top of my skull!
For ages I had been saying it was the Herceptin but apparently it wasn't!! Try the sinus approach it can't hurt?
Hope it gets better soon and congrats on the MRI results great results.
Jenny x

Blondie 08-26-2011 01:13 AM

I live in Auckland too. I have had sinus problems over recent weeks. Thought it was just the herceptin. However, my husband, other family members and people at work have been complaining of sinus problems. There are few strange virus things going around at the moment. ( Chicken pox and measles are doing the rounds).
Hope the headaches disappear soon.

Blondie