HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pam checking in (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54837)

Pam P 06-21-2012 09:22 AM

Pam checking in

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been absent for quite awhile. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I was in rehab again with a broken ankle. I am home now. The ankle is still healing. A small infection on one incision site is being watched. I am still using a wheelchair - too unstable to walk with a walker on my own without someone going along side. I think I could do short distances by myself but my physical therapist says no. More important to be safe and not fall again and break another bone. I'm still on abraxane and I think that is going well still. I feel well. I am so frustrated to be stuck in this wheelchair though. It is depressing to not be able to get up and walk. Pray that I will be able to do that soon. Love to all of you, my her2 friends. I'll try to get better with posting.

ElaineM 06-21-2012 09:44 AM

Re: Pam checking in

I am so happy to see your post. I am glad you are finally at home. I bet it is fabulous to finally be home.
Don't worry about the wheelchair. At least you are able to get around to the places you want to go and roll around and enjoy your home. There is nothing like being home after being at a therapy place or in a hospital. You will get more walker time later when you are stronger. Follow your therapists suggestions. You do not want to back track. Take things one day at a time and one step at a time. You will regain your full strength eventually.
I have every hope that the Abraxane will help.
I have my fingers crossed for you and remember you in my prayers. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your summer at home.

NEDenise 06-21-2012 09:50 AM

Pam!
So glad to read your good news!
Thanks for posting.
I'll be praying for you to be back on your feet again soon!
Hugs!
Denise

karen z 06-21-2012 10:00 AM

Pam,
Thanks for posting and giving us the "low down".
Enjoy "driving around" while you are waiting to walk. It won't be long !

Mary Anne in TX 06-21-2012 12:27 PM

Hey Pam!
I'll be prayin' for you to be able to "run around" on your own soon. Glad the abraxane is working for you. Good thoughts for you to have some really great days! ma

Jackie07 06-21-2012 12:33 PM

Pam,

Thanks for the update. It's a lot safer to use the wheel chair then to risk another fall. Do follow the instruction of your doctor and P.T., and get stronger, better soon. Sending you good vibes.

caya 06-21-2012 02:20 PM

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the update sweetie. I agree with everyone else, don't worry about using the wheelchair - better to be safe than sorry. Glad you are feeling well. that's worth a lot.

all the best
caya

Joan M 06-21-2012 02:21 PM

Pam,

Glad to hear that abraxane is working, but sorry about your ankle. With some rest and rehab you'll be back up on your feet soon.

Joan

snolan 06-21-2012 02:51 PM

As a physical therapist assistant I know your frustration. Keep your head up, bones will heal and you will be up and around before you know it. Good luck.
Suzanne

JennyB 06-21-2012 03:53 PM

Pam so glad you're out of rehab and in your own home again, I think of you often and you are always in my prayers.
Hope you continue to get stronger
Jenny

Laurel 06-21-2012 05:20 PM

Pam,

I'm happy to see your post, but sorry you have had more dumped on your plate! Sheesh! You of all people deserve a break! I know it must be so frustrating to be limited in mobility, but the "feeling good" is wonderful news. All in all things seem brighter and I am so happy for you. Hang in there. You are one tough gal. Cancer should know better than to fight you! Stupid cancer.

Ceesun 06-21-2012 05:22 PM

Pam, Just so good to hear from you, do take good care. Ceesun

KristinSchwick 06-21-2012 07:46 PM

Pam,
So good to hear from you!
Kristin

Pray 06-21-2012 08:39 PM

It's wonderful to hear from you again and that your home sweet home. You are always in my prayers.

Shobha 06-22-2012 08:15 AM

You are in my prayers, Pam. Wishing you speedy recovery and strength to get back on your feet!

BonnieR 06-22-2012 10:07 AM

Echoing the others...it was just so good to see you posting! Keep the faith.

KDR 06-22-2012 10:22 AM

Hi, Pam,
You've been missed, glad to hear your news! As always, thinking of you,
Karen

chrisy 06-22-2012 11:32 AM

Pam,
So glad you checked in. I just have to say, you are one amazing woman - I so admire the perseverance you show in dealing with all these "non cancer" obstacles, of which you've had a seemingly endless series. Im dealing with a comparatively minor setback (ruptured tendon in calf) which has had me incapacitated for a few months and it has been just devastating to my spirit.

You are an inspiration, Pam. Just wanted you to know that. And of course you are in my prayers for continued strength.

Chris

Mtngrl 06-22-2012 09:11 PM

Hi Pam,

I was wondering about you recently. (I know I say that to everyone, but it happens to be true!) I'm glad to hear from you, and glad you're home from the hospital, and glad you feel well.

I would also hate being confined to a wheelchair. But better safe than sorry, right?

Keep up the good healing work!

Pam P 06-23-2012 05:47 AM

It's so heartwarming to read all of your messages of kindness and encouragement. Just what I need.It's goo to hear updates of what's going on with you too. Your support makes being in this wheelchair a little less depressing.

Please take good care of yourselves (I know you already do). I was overwhelmed by hearing from so many of you - it had been so long since I'd checked in. I'll try to be better. Peace, Pam