HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   When does hair start to fall out after THCP!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64307)

Lemint 12-20-2015 01:38 PM

When does hair start to fall out after THCP!!!

Hi all, Im new here. I hope you are all having a good day. I started chemo on 12/3 and my next TX is 12/24, Christmas Eve. I was wondering if any of you ladies could give me an idea of when the hair it typically starts to fall out? Thanks so much.

MaineRottweilers 12-20-2015 01:47 PM

Re: When does hair start to fall out after THCP!!!

My experience has been 17-21 days after first treatment. Sorry you have to experience it at all.

Catia 12-20-2015 02:03 PM

Hi,
mine started falling out on the 14th day after my first chemo, but I was on ACT-H.

Juls 12-20-2015 02:32 PM

Hi
I had Docetaxol, Herceptin and Perjeta.
Hair changed texture first before it started to brush out, 4 weeks after 1st chemo.

carlatte7 12-20-2015 05:36 PM

14 days on the nose for those first few strands to loosen. It was around 10 days later that clumps started running down my back in the shower and my husband clipped it all off for me. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the beast. You will find a lot of support and love here!

Kkmom 12-20-2015 07:44 PM

My started falling out exactly when the nurses predicted on Day 14 after my first chemo. Of all the things I went through with cancer, it turns out my hair falling out was not the worst. I did TCH. We have all been where you are right now and this group is the best when you need a support.

spiritualabundance 12-21-2015 04:58 AM

I had my first TCH chemo on 11/30. My hair started to come out in brushing, first a little, the next day more, and each day it progressively became more. I couldn't run my fingers through my hair without taking out clumps. At that point, I knew it was time to shave. I did that on December 17th, although I could have waited a few more days, I'm sure. I was at a point where I had to face it and get it over with to begin moving on. It hasn't been easy but I'm going through worse personal issues so this is cake. Here's to hoping it grows back quickly! <3 Good luck to you. Message me anytime you want to talk or have questions. Sounds like we are close in treatment plans. I have another great lady who I met and we message on here. We had our BX masts on the same day and treatment is quite close, too. Best of luck. We can get through this!