HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   So Very Upset (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63158)

Ceesun 05-13-2015 01:24 PM

So Very Upset

Hi Everyone, Just back from a meeting with my oncologist and am so hurt and disappointed. After all of the effort on everyone's part my right lung tumor that was cyberknifed is back. I also have two enlarged lymph nodes in chest so next week I start Herceptin Perjeta and Navelbine. I just do not understand why the tumor grew back. I have been off chemo since Sept and am going on 12 years with this disease and 9 with stage four. My heart feels broken. Cathy

tricia keegan 05-13-2015 01:34 PM

Re: So Very Upset

Cathy I'm so very sorry to read this news, you've been doing amazingly well and hopefully with a good response as you had before you will do again. My thoughts are with you, stay strong and know you'll get through this and lean on us all when you need to.

Pray 05-13-2015 02:51 PM

Praying for you and a good response from this next round. Gods blessings unto you.

linzer 05-13-2015 03:11 PM

So sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to get a successful plan in place soon. Please keep us updated. Linda

Mel3 05-13-2015 03:26 PM

I'm sorry to hear this, and pray the new treatment will take care of it.

Carol Ann 05-13-2015 04:43 PM

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying that this new plan with the Perjeta, etc will get you back on track. You have come through so much.

Carol Ann

yanyan 05-13-2015 04:55 PM

Definitely understand your feeling of being hurt and disappointed. Once you start treatment, you will feel more assured. Stay positive!

StephN 05-13-2015 08:46 PM

Kathy,
I feel for you, as you have had one of those BAD days! But as soon as treatment begins you will begin a new chapter that will lead to NED once again.

With your history of grit and determination, this is just a little speed bump in your life.

Pamelamary 05-13-2015 09:27 PM

Dear Cathy,
Like everybody else, I am saddened by your news, and can understand the hurt and disappointment. However, don't waste time and energy looking for reasons. Shit happens..... I don't think anybody knows yet why some of us respond to different treatments in different ways; it seems cancer cells have an amazing ability to adapt and change, challenging us constantly.
You have shown such strength and courage. We will all be thinking of you and hoping the new treatment works wonders quickly.
Best wishes... Pam

SoCalGal 05-13-2015 11:26 PM

This is an exhausting war to fight. The enemy has the ability to morph and become resistant to chem warfare. Change it up. Keep fighting! 9 years - you inspire me and give me hope.
Sending tons of love...

michka 05-14-2015 12:55 AM

Cathy, I understand why you are upset. I was sad to read your post and mad at this stupid cancer that keeps coming back. However, you have a very good plan. Perjeta can bring you back to Ned. I am sending hugs and strength.

rhondalea 05-14-2015 05:00 AM

Well, that sucks. Not to put too fine a point on it or anything.

Cathy, I don't even know what to say in the face of this news. I have no doubt that the chemo combo will bring you back to NED in no time, but I hate--and I know you dread--getting back on the treadmill. My hope is that the chemo is gentle with you and devastating to the mets. You've done so well for so long, though, I don't see how it could be any other way.

Saygoon 05-14-2015 05:01 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers - this battle never seems over

lkc Gumby 05-14-2015 01:14 PM

i am sorry that you go this news. it does suck. stay strong and let the new cocktail kick the sob beast.

DianaMK 05-14-2015 02:48 PM

So sorry!!! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Diana

MaineRottweilers 05-14-2015 04:57 PM

I imagine you are feeling pretty picked on right now. Life is so darned unfair. It's time to get angry and fight again. You've done it before, you'll kick it again. You're in my prayers, Cathy.

KDR 05-14-2015 05:05 PM

Cathy,
You are disappointed, no doubt, but LISTEN...you still have a very low burden of disease and will prevail once again. Maybe you could look into immunotherapy?
If not, the combo you are planning to take should be pretty tolerable. Don't worry, you are going to kick this out one more time, we're backing you.
Love
Karen

Laurel 05-14-2015 05:33 PM

Cathy,

This does suck...truly. Your feelings of discouragement are justified, but I am confident with a bit of time you are going to get your fighting face on and go at that devil yet again. I am equally confident you will knock that bastard back on it's evil ass! I am so sorry you have to go back on the warpath. It is not fair, not at all. What's that old adage? When the going gets tough, the tough get going! You go. Godspeed. You know we are all in your camp! I will pray your new combo is easy on you and merciless on cancer!

caya 05-14-2015 06:00 PM

Hang in there Cathy. That new combo will hopefully do the trick and kick your cancer to the curb!
Sending prayers your way from Canada.

all the best
caya

Catherine 05-14-2015 06:29 PM

Hi Kathy,

Bummer to hear this news. I am not up-to-date on chemo, but I sure hope they get the right cocktail for you. For some reason, I have had a hard time logging on to the site from my lap top, so I have not checked in much lately. I did get on tonight....and I want to join the group that says....This Sucks. I have a local friend that did very well with Herceptin and Perjeta. Again, I hope your oncologist has the perfect cocktail for you. You are a doll, and it stinks that you have had to get this news. We are with you!

Love, Catherine