HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone hear from PAM...Chelee...???? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54446)

Sheila 05-21-2012 05:03 AM

Anyone hear from PAM...Chelee...????

Pam and Chelee have been on my mind..wondering how things are going, and if anyone has heard from either of them...I have Pams number somewhere, I will try to call if I dont see a reply.

ElaineM 05-21-2012 09:56 AM

Re: Anyone hear from PAM...Chelee...????

I can try to e-mail Pam later today. I wonder about Pam, Chelee and TriciaK too. I think I saw TriciaK online last week, but by the time I could contact her she was offline. I hope they are all okay.
A good temporary way to check on them is to go to the member list and find out the date of the last time they logged on here.
I also wonder about Bill. I guess he is out there somewhere too busy to drop by the campfire.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are okay and just too busy to log on.

ElaineM 05-22-2012 12:15 PM

I just got an e-mail from Pam !!!!!!!
She fell and broke her ankle. She had surgery, a plate and pins. She is now in rehab, but she might go home next week. She is back on chemo and is doing okay.
She misses us and sends her regards to everyone at her2support.org and wishes us peace. She will post when she is feeling up to doing that.

suzan w 05-22-2012 01:36 PM

Good to hear you are OK, Pam, broken, but OK!!!

Mtngrl 05-22-2012 05:22 PM

Thanks, Sheila. I was just wondering about Pam earlier today.

LoisLane 05-22-2012 08:52 PM

Poor Pam hope she is feeling better soon. I was wondering if anyone has seen any posts from that nice lady Mary?

tricia keegan 05-23-2012 03:46 PM

Pam I'm so sorry about your ankle and hope you can post soon! Still worrying about Chelee and my older name sakemTricia K, has anyone heard from them?

Catherine 05-23-2012 03:59 PM

I have been wondering about Pam, too. Sorry to hear about the broken bones, but glad she is recovering. So a big hug to you Pam. The way my brain works, it is the easiest for me to remember people who have a picture with their "name." I understand why people use cute substitutes for pictures...but I admit to sometimes being confused with who is who. Pam I definitely know and remember. I have been watching for a long time for her posts...Thank you for contacting her and letting us all know.

Hugs to all,

NEDenise 05-24-2012 05:48 AM

Praying for all 3 of our "missing" friends! Hope to hear from them soon.

Pam...sending healing prayers your way. You are one amazing lady!
Denise

StephN 06-12-2012 11:11 AM

BUMP.

TriciaK checked in with good news, and we have heard that Pam is improving.

Ruth - have you had any contact with Chelee? So worried about our girl!

Faith in Him is another member who has been absent for a while. Anyone know how she is doing?

Sheila 06-12-2012 05:57 PM

Hoping Chelee checks in soon!!!

ElaineM 06-13-2012 03:03 PM

I did some checking around. Chelee has not posted on www.breastcancer.org or www.inspire.com
since the summer of 2011. I also e-mailed her a few times, but she didn't reply. I hope Ruth or someone else can enlighten us about how she is doing.

Jen 06-19-2012 07:59 AM

I joined this board for my Mother Sheila because I know how much this website and you guys mean to her and how much she means to you. I have asked for prayers/posted updates for her when she could not do it herself. I think it would be a great idea if everyone on here had a person (family member or friend) that could post updates for them if they weren't able to.

karen z 06-19-2012 09:00 AM

Jen,
What a great idea. That would be wonderful.

KsGal 06-19-2012 10:50 AM

I agree! That is a wonderful idea.

Jackie07 10-05-2013 07:40 AM

Elaine,

I found this entry on Inspire (Category: Advanced breast cancedr) today (if it's the same CHELEE) by the name of chele123 (inactive since 2-18-2013): "Hello everyone! I hope that this day has found you feeling less sick and more blessed. I had some blood work done and the APF [AFP]Tumor Marker came back elevated. Does anyone know the significance of this test in diagnosing cancer? I will have a ultrasound to confirm whether there is a mass or not on my liver. I know that my biopsy showed nodule activity 9 months ago. So if anyone is savvy regarding this test, I would really appreciate hearing from you.
God Bless!!!
Chele

sarah 10-05-2013 09:47 AM

Jen, that's an excellent suggestion. Do you want to start it as a new post?

StephN 10-05-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks, Jackie - Good detective work.

I think Ruth was our main contact with Chelee, and she has not been heard from for a while either.

We know from Pam's thoughtful family that unfortunately she did pass away recently. She must have been ready because she fought so long and SO hard.

fauxgypsy 01-01-2014 06:24 PM

Any news from Chelee?

Laurel 01-02-2014 04:17 PM

No, she has been silent for many months now and I fear the worse.