HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Six years ago today...... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32753)

Sheila 02-23-2008 07:34 AM

Six years ago today......

I received that news, the biopsy was malignant, IDC, and I was scheduled to have a mastectomy. My world changed in an instant. My mind quickly flashed back to the day my Mother received the same news. So many questions, so much fear, it was truly a day that changed my life forever. I have become a stronger person, I have learned not to take one thing in life for granted, to appreciate the little things I never noticed before. I have learned to be more giving, and expect less, to be more tolerant and less judgemental.....could an illness truly do all this to a person.....yes it has. I have been dealt a hand I did not ask for, but I have decided to make the best of a situation. With a positive outlook, good Dr's, changing treatments, lots of information, and much love and support from all the wonderful people on this board ....

I AM A 6 YEAR SURVIVOR!!!!!!!

sassy 02-23-2008 08:23 AM

Keep on Dancin'!!!!!!

Sheila,

You are truly an inspiration to all of us. Your positive outlook and support of everyone is a cornerstone of this site. Congratulations on your 6 year mark and here's to many, many more celebrations!

goops 02-23-2008 08:40 AM

Cancer does completely change a person - no course could teach a person the things that cancer teaches us.

May you have many more years to dance. :)

StephN 02-23-2008 12:22 PM

Funny - my post did not work. Trying again.

Dear Sheila,
How much have you learned in these 6 years!!?? You have stayed active and involved. We refocus - learn about our bodies, what to eat, not to eat, what's happening in the research community, how are others doing on the new drugs. You give much to this group.

Here's wishing that NED will find you very soon, tap you on your shoulder and sweep you off your feet!

Jackie07 02-23-2008 01:03 PM

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for helping us new comers so much by setting good examples. Keep on marching! We are behind you.

hutchibk 02-23-2008 01:12 PM

LOVE TO YOU LADY! A true inspiration of courage and fierceness! You are one feisty and cool customer... I have to say.

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-23-2008 01:26 PM

Thank You For Gracing This Board, Sheila!

Oh, Sheila! I have admired you so. Your wisdom and grace are surely magnificent! Your fortitude and your Spirit shine from every one of your posts. I completely agree with every word you just said. All those lessons just could not be obtained but for going through enormous challenges such as you have. Bc is a unique opportunity full of diamonds to enrich our lives. Had I read your words and never been diagnosed myself, I would doubt the veracity of that reality. But I have learned that we have the choice to become BITTER or BETTER. One little letter can mke ALL the difference! And, you my sweet Sister, have obviously chosen the latter. You are one of my heroes! Thank you for gracing this board. I cherish your words and your determination. You are one truly special lady!

Only one point struck me that I feel I must mention, Sheila. Please don't expect less as a result of this illness. You deserve the moon and the stars, dear Sheila. I just love that you 'give more, that you judge less, that you have been strengthened' and quite apparently become elevated to become a very wise Soul. Just please, if I may say so -- let your Intention and your Expectation reflect all that your heart has every right to yearn for. 6 YEARS IS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!!!!!! May the coming year bring you all you wish for -- AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see you dance, my friend. Dance w/NED! You've earned that...

With much love,
Andi

Mary Jo 02-23-2008 01:33 PM

Hi Sheila - my neighbor and Harley friend.........................hehehttp://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif - I'm sending you HUGE HUGS today. I'm happy your 6 year anniversary has come to you and that your journey has been blessed with all that is good. I also find that this journey has brought me way more blessings than curses. That's because God uses it to work for His good because we belong to Him. God is so good........................

Enjoy your day as you reflect on all that has been.............and look forward to ALL that is ahead.

Love you Sheila.....

Mary Jo

kimber 02-23-2008 02:43 PM

Sheila - You have inspired me, made me laugh, made me cry and given me hope. I hope and pray that you will have many years to dance. Many years to continue to inspire and help others. Help you do! God bless you Sheila.
-kim

caya 02-23-2008 02:44 PM

Sheila,

Congrats on being 6 years out - you are a true fighter, a warrior extraordinaire - a real hero.

I am praying that you will be dancing with NED ASAP!!!

all the best
caya

Bill 02-23-2008 04:45 PM

Congratulations, Sheila! What an accomplishment! You keep on rollin'. Many , many more years to come, I'm sure. Love, Bill

Lolly 02-23-2008 05:03 PM

YEAH SHEILA!!! You are a gift to our community, one that just keeps giving!

<3 Lolly

Mary Anne in TX 02-23-2008 05:25 PM

One wonderful 6 year survivor! All you've learned and grown into is shared so freely with all of us here. Thanks a million for fighting and being so strong and caring. ma

mslinda 02-23-2008 06:34 PM

Congratulations Sheila. You are such an inspiration and blessing to so many people on this board, including me. It would be so wonderful if none of us had to go through the things that we have gone through, but I think the outcome of our trials are that we are better people for it. I know that I am, and like you, I have learned to not "sweat the small stuff", as the saying goes. There is so much beauty in people, and we just have to be able to see it. I think maybe what we have gone through gives us the ability to see the beauty and appreciate them.
Love,
Linda

Joe 02-23-2008 06:53 PM

Congratulations Shelia,

Our support group has been truly blessed by your presence.

Hugs
Joe and Christine

Faith in Him 02-23-2008 08:10 PM

Shelia,

You truly represent what it means to be a survivor. Thank you for your inspiration and your giving spirit. I think often of your words, " Everyday is a fight to get back to NED". Believing that God with grace you with many, many years of survivorship.

Blessings,
Tonya

Chelee 02-23-2008 08:32 PM

Shelia, This group is beyond blessed to have you here with us. You are one very special lady, and you bring so much to this board. Your so valuable to this board for the newly DX and that includes people like me that are only a couple yrs out. You are a true inspiration to us all.
I can't thank you enough for all that you give to this group. Thanks for hanging out here and helping those in need. Your one truly amazing lady and let me say, "CONGRATULATIONS to one very special SIX YEAR SURVIVOR"! Here's to many, many more years to come! :)

Chelee

madubois63 02-23-2008 09:39 PM

Here's to MANY, MANY, MANY more years...congratulations!!!

Maryann

harrie 02-23-2008 09:59 PM

Congratulations Sheila!!! Way to go!!!!
Wishing you so many more yrs ahead you decide to stop counting!!!
Best wishes.....Harrie....

PinkGirl 02-24-2008 12:02 AM

Sheila
I am another one of your admirers - even though
you elfed me. A big, sincere congratulations to you
on your six year milestone.