HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   About Our Wonderful HER2 Support Community -- Where We're Going From Here (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46536)

Danielle 08-28-2010 11:34 AM

About Our Wonderful HER2 Support Community -- Where We're Going From Here

Hi, everybody. First off, thank you so much for all of the kind thoughts and prayers, and all of the lovely words you shared with us both here on the website and in his service's guestbook. I know many of you weren't able to attend, but just know that this group's outpouring of love was very much a presence when we laid him to rest last week. It's a very, very sad time for me, my mom, and sister, but with your support, we're given a reminder of just how much he was able to change the world that surrounds us. He was able to achieve so much. He lived a life I know he's proud of.

HER2support.org isn't going anywhere. My mother (a.k.a the founder of this group, Christine) has been actively corresponding with several of those on the board of directors to figure out who would be able to manage the site's 'inner workings'. We still plan on having some of us attend the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium this year, and I know she's been talking about hosting some sort of teleconference with both the board and those of you interested in getting more involved concerning our next decisions as an organization. But those of you that were nervous that this is the end of HER2 Support Group, just know that Daddy always told me that it was all of YOU that kept this website going. Continuing to share your stories and reach out to support the others that come to this site is very much the fuel and heart of this group, and so long as we have that, I guarantee we'll be here to make sure this site keeps running.

Big hugs,
Danielle (and Christine!!)

lexigirl 08-28-2010 12:21 PM

Re: About Our Wonderful HER2 Support Community -- Where We're Going From Here

Dear Danielle,

Thank you so much for your commitment to this site. I am about to celebrate 5 years out from her2+ bc and I have learned so much valuable information thanks to your wonderful mom and dad.

I can't imagine her2support not being available to those of us with the disease. The knowledge that we learn he is invaluable.

Thank you, thank you!

Lexi

tricia keegan 08-28-2010 01:31 PM

Thank you for the update Danielle, and I'm relieved to know we can all remain connected here and for the many newer members who need info on this type of bc.
My best wishes to you all as you go forward. xx

ElaineM 08-28-2010 04:00 PM

Thank you Danielle. I am very happy to hear that you and your Mom are working to ensure that this site continues. We appreciate your efforts very much.

gumoore 08-28-2010 05:28 PM

Danielle, my condolences to you and your family! It is such sad news to read. Your dad was the first to respond to my first post 4 years ago. I found his empathy comforting and the information he provided to me most welcome and useful.

Blessings to you all.

BonnieR 08-28-2010 05:37 PM

Thank you for taking the time to reassure us in the middle of all you are going through. It runs in the family.

Pam P 08-28-2010 05:54 PM

Thank you for your commitment to continuing this site. It means a true life line to so many of us, I don't know what I'd do without it,n Joe will be so proud of your work.

chicagoetc 08-28-2010 06:02 PM

Danielle,

Thanks for the info. Wanted to ask but was hoping someone would say.

Melanie

Mary Jo 08-28-2010 06:41 PM

Very awesome news. Thank you so much for everything.

Mary Jo

vlcarr 08-28-2010 07:08 PM

Thank you so much for your post. I just know your Dad is smiling down on you.

bejuce 08-28-2010 07:53 PM

Thank you so much for your commitment to
this site and our community! I'd be happy to help
in any way to keep the site going.

caya 08-28-2010 09:03 PM

Thanks so much for posting Danielle, especially during this very difficult time for your family.

Philanthropy certainly runs in the family.

all the best
caya

Lori R 08-29-2010 06:17 AM

Dear Danielle and Christine,
Your generosity of spirit is unbelievable!!! Thank you so much for thinking of us during this very difficult time. I am amazed by your emotional strength to reach out and think of others.

Selfishly, I am relieved that you are thinking of the site and keeping it going. It has been an absolute lifeline for SOOO Many.

The site and all of the great information posted here has been "magic".

I am not certain how to help but would love to do so. PLEASE just let us know how we can help carry the load.

Lori

krisvell 08-29-2010 09:04 AM

Danielle;
Thank you for continuing this wonderful site and seeing your Dad's legacy live on. This has been nothing short of a miracle for me. I would be honored to help in any way I can to help keep this site supported.

Kris....

sarah 08-29-2010 11:08 AM

Hello Danielle,
Thank you for your post and update and continued commitment to this invaluable site. I certainly would have had not only a more difficult time with my HER2 but less comfort.
Although I live in France and I am not that great at understanding medical lingo, I am of course, like so many other members, willing to help in any way I can.
I am part of a cancer support group here in the south of France and have introduced our HER2 patients to your site.
We will miss your dad greatly and admire your courage and commitment; you are definitely Joe and Christine's daughter and I offer my love and condolences.
love Sarah
(33) 494 39 08 54

Jackie07 08-29-2010 11:19 AM

Such a welcoming news! Thanks for the reassurance.

Lien 08-29-2010 02:40 PM

Thank you Danielle, and your Mom & sister, for remembering us and the Her2support site during this difficult time. Your father was an amazing man and it's obvious that his genes live on through you.

If there is anything I can do to make these hard times easier for you, please let me know. Although I live in the Netherlands, Europe, there are certainly things that can be done online. Don't hesitate to ask!

Love

Jacqueline

flynny 08-29-2010 06:55 PM

Danielle, I appreciate how much you and your family has dedicated your time and efforts for this website. It has meant so much to me. Thank you.

'lizbeth 08-30-2010 09:12 AM

I am so happy to hear the Her2 board will continue. I still check back now and then as am trying to stay up to date with the latest information regarding the Her2 treatments.

I really appreciate Christine and Joe for all they accomplished with this board. I gained tremendous amounts of information that helped me make the difficult decisions regarding my treatment. If I ever have a reocurrence it is great to know everyone is still here to help guide me in the best direction.

Laurel 08-30-2010 07:23 PM

Many heartfelt thanks for your family's dedication to this site. It has meant so much to so many. I am truly grateful to you all and miss knowing Joe is watching over what we post. He was wonderfully fair and so knowledgeable.