HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone heard from KellyA? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40369)

Chelee 07-09-2009 12:54 PM

Anyone heard from KellyA?

She was fighting constant UTI's & had went through quite a few strong antibiotic's & not one of them were working for her. She was worried about a recurrance to her kidney's at that time. I sure hope she's ok? I sent an email and so far have not heard back from her.

Does anyone here know if she is ok & just out enjoying the nice weather?

Chelee

Mary Anne in TX 07-09-2009 03:55 PM

Kelly, I hope that you are kickin' up your heels and having a super summer! Miss you, but hope you're having fun. ma

Sheila 07-09-2009 05:07 PM

KellyA is alive and well on facebook...I think she is busy with her sons and pool time! She has very handsome sons!

KellyA 07-09-2009 06:50 PM

Hi there! Sheila just sent me a message. I am so sorry, I didn't recieve other messages. It is so nice of you to think of me.

The UTI thing has been a nightmare. Long and short of it is that it wasn't yeast, unfortunately, but not a reccurence either. My hormones seem to be in the non-existent phase now, and there is an imbalance that encourages infections. I am using an estrogen creme (with a little concern) to remedy the situation. We didn't have much of a choice. Things have slowly improved, and I have made some dietary changes also.

Getting old stinks!!!!!! Especially when your 40. I sometimes feel like I am 100. But I am here, so I am thankful. :)

Love, Kelly

vickie h 07-09-2009 06:57 PM

Kelly,
So thankful to hear you are doing well. We've missed you. Have a great summer with those kids!
Love,
Vickie

schoolteacher 07-10-2009 12:37 PM

Kelly,

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Amelia

hutchibk 07-10-2009 04:52 PM

Kelly - I went through the exact same thing... much better and calmed down with estrace cream. My doc contends that it is such a mild amount of estrogen that it shouldn't have a true systemic effect such as fueling estrogen for those who are ER+. Glad you are feeling better.

Jackie07 07-10-2009 05:07 PM

Good to hear from you, Kelly. Glad you are doing well. I have the same kind of problem and was hesitant to use the cream a young doctor had prescribed for me. Now I don't even know where it is any more.

I am drinking lots, lots of water...

juanita 07-10-2009 08:49 PM

good to hear from you and that you're doing ok.

Chelee 07-11-2009 07:30 PM

Hi Kelly, I am so glad to hear your ok & no recurrance. Although sorry to hear the lack of estrogen is playing havoc with your body. But on a happier note it would seem all those things aside you must be enjoying your summer and that part is GREAT. :)

Thanks for checking in. And thank YOU Shelia for emailing Kelly...I'm not quite sure why she didn't get my email...I used the one in her user profile and it did go through? It didn't get kicked back to me either? O'well...have a terrific summer Kelly.

Chelee

Sheila 07-12-2009 05:37 AM

Chelee
I just posted on her facebook page and she saw it right away!

lexigirl 07-12-2009 11:35 AM

Kelly,

So happy that you are okay and thankful for NO recurrence.

Hugs,
Lexi

Chelee 07-12-2009 03:19 PM

Shelia, Thank YOU so much! I really appreciate it. Your so sweet....but you knew that right! :)

Chelee