HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Having scanxiety and have to vent. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57430)

dearjilly 02-23-2013 05:17 PM

Having scanxiety and have to vent.

Hi ladies,
You know the feeling, MRI then wait, wait, wait. ARGH!
I had the MRI last Friday and I don't see the Dr. until next week. The appointment was made yesterday. That's 12 days of waiting. In a sense, I figure if they did see anything new in my brain, they would get me in sooner to deal with the problem.
Anyway, I just needed to get it out and......I feel better now, sort of.
Jill

Becky 02-23-2013 05:45 PM

Re: Having scanxiety and have to vent.

Call Monday. I would go crazy waiting. I'm just anxious thinking about you waiting. No reason for you to when there is a phone or email. Giant hugs to you.

tricia keegan 02-23-2013 05:45 PM

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima.../separator.gifSending good wishes Jill and I agree if there was anything untoward you'd hear sooner rather than later! Good luck!

caya 02-23-2013 07:11 PM

The agony of waiting is, well, agony... I agree with Becky - Call Monday and try to get in sooner... Ask the secretary would she like to be kept waiting for an answer for 12 days.

all the best
caya

Jackie07 02-23-2013 07:19 PM

Pretty sure it's going to be good news if they are making you wait that long to get the result ...

Still, it's hard to wait ...

Sending you good vibes.

NEDenise 02-23-2013 08:50 PM

Jill,
Definitely call on Monday. Hound them if you have to...
I agree that if they thought anything was "up" they wouldn't have scheduled your follow-up for 12 days out. But I also think that's waaaaaay too long to wait...even for really good news!!
All my best! Fingers crossed!
Denise

sarah 02-24-2013 03:02 AM

I can't believe you don't see a doctor right afterwards. so worrying. call monday. hate when you have tests and have to wait through a weekend, cruel and unusual punishment if you ask me. take care
hugs and love
sarah

Ellie F 02-24-2013 06:23 AM

Hi Jill
Totally understand how you feel. Often in England it can be 3 weeks between scan and appointment-horrible! I think it's good that you have the option to try to find out tomorrow
Hugs
Ellie

dearjilly 02-24-2013 07:27 AM

Hi ladies,
Thank you so much for replying. I think I may call someone on Monday. I do, however, have a CT on Monday, a bone scan on Tuesday, and this follow up on Wednesday, so I'll be busy if I don't get a response.
Thanks again ladies. I'll let you know why they say. xo

dearjilly 02-25-2013 05:34 PM

I didn't call today. I had the CT and by the time I got home it was after hours.
Maybe tomorrow after my bone scan, I'll swing by my radiology oncologist and ask her. I get my brain MRI's done at a hospital in Toronto called Sunnybrook, it's the best of the best hospital. They mostly deal with trauma, but they have a fabulous doctor in the cancer centre. This is why I haven't gotten the results back yet. My hospital close to home calls right away. weird.
Anyway, chat for sure on Wed. to let you know.

NEDenise 02-27-2013 07:47 AM

Jill,
Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm thinking about you! Looking forward to reading good news soon!

Take a deep breath...relax...
Denise

dearjilly 02-27-2013 10:05 AM

Well ladies, you were right! It's all good news. Thank you for the good vibes. The Doctor called me this morning, because I didn't want to drive to Toronto in this crazy storm we had. He said the MRI looks hazy. He said he's not worried about it, because sometimes radiation can cause necrosis, and that's probably why the hazyness is there. He said he sees no new growth!! I'm so happy about this news. I cried for about 5 minutes on my Todd's chest. Tears of joy. Thank you so much for your words and the strength you all gave me. Love you all. Jill xo

Ellie F 02-27-2013 10:49 AM

Yes! Brilliant news. soooooooo very pleased, it's made my day!
Ellie

caya 02-27-2013 10:53 AM

Great news Jill! Keep smiling.

all the best
caya

Joan M 02-27-2013 12:07 PM

Jill

Wonderful news on the results, and a relief!! I too had a brain met, but mine was removed via surgery and then treated with 5 dosages of targeted radiation (IMRT). For a while my brain MRIs kept showing more enhancement every three months, and regrowth could not be ruled out. They even gave me a brain PET, but it didn't light up (thank goodness!). The onc then said that he was 95% sure that it was necrosis, or scar tissue. After awhile all went back to looking normal. My next brain MRI is not due for a couple of months, but as I get closer to that date I'll definitely start to get scanxiety.

Hugs,
Joan

greenacres 02-27-2013 12:13 PM

YAY good news, I'm SOOO Happy for you! :)

dearjilly 02-27-2013 04:33 PM

Joan, thanks for sharing your story. I see you had all that done in 2008? Congratulations on your good news. I couldn't have my met removed, as it was too close to the brain stem, too deep. Plus they didn't want to mess with my vision, as I lost some of it already.

To all of you, thanks for the friendly remarks. I love reading what you all have to say. xoxoxo

JennyB 02-27-2013 09:08 PM

Fantastic news Jilly - very very happy for you and your family xx

dawny 02-28-2013 03:39 AM

Great news Jilly, so happy for you
Dawn

NEDenise 02-28-2013 05:59 AM

Yay! Hooray!
I'm sooooooo happy for you!!
Do something special for yourself to celebrate!

Yay! Woo Hoo! Hug those babies!
Denise