HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   15 years stage IV - no drugs in 8yrs - still NED (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65717)

mamacze 12-23-2016 06:30 AM

Re: 15 years stage IV - no drugs in 8yrs - still NED

Wow- StephN - I peek in on the boards today and your joyful update is the first post I see - so providential and such wonderful holiday news! Not only are you doing well but you continue to shower the rest of us with encouragement. How fortunate we all are to have you here. When you start your travels consider a stop in New England- I am in Madison CT, and would love to see you.
Stay well old friend!

Mtngrl 12-23-2016 03:20 PM

Steph,

Even though I know your results are, to say the least, "not typical," it's just wonderful to know you and others like you. And I so appreciate your continued participation on this board. You mean the world to so many.

Love and blessings,
Amy

Lauriesh 12-23-2016 03:23 PM

Congratulations Steph!
When I was diagnosed with liver mets in 2010, you were one of the people who gave me hope that I could survive to see my kids grow up. That was 2010. I have now been Ned for almost 6 years and off meds for 2. I hope to follow in your footsteps.
My youngest is now 14 and I have every intention of being here to see her graduate high school and hopefully college.

Happy holidays

Laurie

Nurse4u2day 12-23-2016 08:43 PM

This is awesome NEWS!

SoCalGal 12-27-2016 02:54 AM

Such great news!! Curious on vaccine at u of wa. Do they share info w patients regarding efficacy and outcomes? Seems like it really worked for you. Do you feel that's so?
Hope 2017 is a good year!! Xoxo Flori

conomyself 12-27-2016 09:55 AM

Keep on rockin' Steph!! Thanks for being you and inspiring us!!

suzan w 12-27-2016 05:05 PM

I just checked in, and there is your great news! Keep it up, Steph!!! Too bad, no sun...come see us in FL!!!

DianaMK 12-28-2016 04:21 PM

Great news!!! Thanks for sharing.

Cathya 01-12-2017 04:06 PM

Steph;

So wonderful!!! Congratulations on 15 years. Amazing.

Cathy

sassy 01-14-2017 03:33 PM

NED Queen Steph!

Whoop!Whoop!

Jean 01-16-2017 03:47 PM

Dear Steph,
Just read your happy and wonderful New Year post.
What a way to start the New Year Year.

Continued blessings and warm wishes.
Jean

sherri 01-16-2017 06:51 PM

Dear Stephanie, I don't know if you remember me from Vancouver Canada, today I got an e-mail from this website for my birthday, it was 12 years ago when I did find this site and believe it or not it did save me. I remember when I first searched the Internet about HER2 IBC the chance of survival was 2% in 5 years. At that time Herceptin was in clinical Trial and I was one of the first who got it in Canada after it was approved. Anyway I'm so glad you and Becky and so many others are doing well, my heart goes to so many dear friends I did find in this place, Gina, Christine and so many others who are not here anymore but their memory always alive. It has been long time since I visited the site, I miss you all and wish good luck for all who still battling this terrible disease. Love to all.

StephN 01-19-2017 10:38 PM

Hello everyone!

SoCalGal, NO there is no news from the U of W to the vaccine subjects. I have not heard a thing for three years since I completed the last blood draw.

Lauriesh also participated in a vaccine trial at U of W. Hers was a little different. I had the chance to meet her when she came for an injection. Her trial was before mine was announced, and I did not qualify then. Glad all is well for her!

Sherri, of course I remember you! And I was just thinking of you and your lovely daughter the other day when I ran across my Miraval tote bag! We had such a special time there.

Sherri is also another graduate of U of W vaccine trials. Hers was an early one, and she seems to have benefited well!

IrvineFriend 01-20-2017 01:01 AM

Whoo-Hooh!!!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you!!!!!
-Julie

Joan M 01-20-2017 06:07 PM

Congratulations, Steph! Great news for the new year!

Best always, Joan

Melissa 01-20-2017 07:32 PM

Congratulations Steph!
I don't post
Often but I want you to know,
You and the others here have been a great inspiration to me.

Thanks and may you have many, many more celebrations!

karen z 01-22-2017 10:48 AM

Dear Stephanie,

I am so so happy for you. Your story is amazing as are you.

Best,
Karen Zabrucky

Joannacco 02-23-2017 02:14 PM

I love your story. I was diagnosed with BC Stage 2-3 (did neoadjuvant so unsure stage) last October and I have a 9 year old and 5 year old. It was IDC and very Her2+++ and a little ER+ And a focal sample of LVI. I am about to have surgery after TCHP chemo. My question is... exactly what kind of vaccine did they give you at University of Washington in 2011? Also, do you take any Vietminh supplements and did you try the aloe Vera thing? Joanna

JillaryJill 02-24-2017 10:49 AM

This news made my day. How fabulous is this?? I believe there is something to those vaccine trials! I almost did the Seattle trial but did Mayo instead. Ladies, look for vaccine trials. If you qualify, sign up!

KaiM 03-06-2017 10:45 PM

Steph, what wonderful news! I do not visit this site as often as I did the first couple years after my diagnosis. Your story has always stuck with me and given me hope. Please never stop sharing your amazing updates! I am happy to report that I am over five years out from my initial diagnosis of stage 4, and still on my first maintenance cocktail (herceptin+Tykerb). My newborn baby boy is now a big Kindergartener and my beautiful daughter just turned 9. Long may the blessings continue.