HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Please talk to me! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22063)

HavahJ 12-21-2005 02:10 PM

Please talk to me!

I just came home to find that my tumor marker went up again from 13 to 17 to 25 to 36. I have a pet scan tomorrow. I'm completely freaked out and can't stop crying! My tumor was her2neu pos. er pos small one node (IIa). I had the usual dose dense chemo, matectomy, and herceptin for a year. Someone please talk to me I'm all alone here!

Unregistered 12-21-2005 05:00 PM

I am not the best qualifies to be replying to this, but undoubtably you are not alone.

A multitude of your sisters are going through or have been through the same fears from all I have read.

My personal cry is please spend some time to look at the posts on the importance of omega three and six to breast cancer and the cancer diet on the articles of interest page. I know it sounds like nonsense but it also helps in balancing and controling mood, if your body is nutritionally stressed I think one is more prone to be emotional.

It will turn your brain into spaggetti but should give your mind something else to worry about for a while and reseach and understanding makes you feel more empowered even if nothing else.

At the end of the day until they improve on whatever hint of telepathic ability we have and connect us up - good or bad or both - we are all alone in a sense it is part of the human condition - the alternative is probably being an ant!

Chin up

RB

If you are researched out oops sorry.

tammymarie1971 12-21-2005 05:40 PM

Hi...I sure wish I could say something to make all your fear go away!!! I know that fear and it is so black, cold & ugly!!!! I can say that tumor markers can be affected by several things ie. a cold,alcohol,different meds you also have ms right? I wonder if the myelin sheath gives off anything while breaking down that could affect the tumor markers.????? I know this is very scary, but a known enemy is always better than an unknown one...The pet scan will let you know if there is any "enemy" around..and even if there is that is not the end of the world there are lots of options out there!!! I hope that nothing is found...but you could still visualize grabbing fear by the throat and shaking it so hard that it just dissolves in your hands!!
Take care...let us know how things go..
Tammy

Unregistered 12-21-2005 06:26 PM

HavahJ
You must remember, tumor markers can fluctuate, and a slight rise does not mean anything...some Dr's find them unreliable for some patients. Wait for the PET results, and go by what it says. Take a deep breath, relax and know that we are all praying for you that good news is right around the corner...everyone here has been in your shoes at one time or another....and we too were scared...just think positive and know that you can conquer anything that comes your way...we are all here for you.

Unregistered 12-21-2005 06:26 PM

Sorry, I hadn't logged in, the last post was from me.

Sheila 12-21-2005 06:28 PM

Again....I am having no luck tonight!

al from Canada 12-21-2005 07:52 PM

The trouble with tumor markers is that they have no statistical reliability across all markers: HER2, E, P, TOPO2, C-myc, HER1, .........

It is not until you've spent years documenting, analysing, and tabulating (like Gina) that you can say within the 90th percentile that your tumor markers mean what you think they mean.
So, until you get the results of your PET, please relax.

Take care,
Al

Ginagce 12-21-2005 09:05 PM

Dear Havahj

My heart goes out to you and I wish there was something I could say or do that would take away the fear. All I can say is that taking cancer one step at a time helps. As someone else said, wait until you have your pet scan to see what is what. In the meantime, please know that you are not alone in your fear. We all have our moments and if possible, please draw strength from these wonderful people in this group who's prayers and positive energy are sent to all of is with each word they type.

God bless you and keep you.

Gina

sarah 12-23-2005 02:36 PM

you're not alone, you have all of us and so many on these forums have such great knowledge, experience and strength.
take slow deep breaths, think positively and remember you will get through this.
may the new year be a better one
sarah