HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pulmonary Embolism (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32099)

tousled1 01-09-2008 07:43 PM

Pulmonary Embolism

Had my CT (brain/chest/abdomen) today at 7 am. Got a call from the oncologist's office at about 2 pm. It was the nurse telling me that the scan showed a pulmonary embolism. I had to go into the office and received a shot of Arixtra (blood thinner). I'm scheduled to get Herceptin tomorrow and see the nurse practioner so I should have more info tomorrow. I don't see the oncologist until next Thursday. I don't have any other results about the scan regarding the satus of lung mets but guess we have to deal with one problem at a time. Keep me in your prayers.

dhealey 01-09-2008 07:48 PM

Kate, Bummer that you have to deal with this. Up side though they caught it before it could do some real damage. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep your chin up things will get better.

hutchibk 01-09-2008 07:52 PM

Love, blessings and prayers, Kate. God's speed to you. I am fighting an upper respiratory virus myself and laryngitis for the past two days. Yuck. But nothing like what you are in the middle of...

PinkGirl 01-09-2008 08:11 PM

Sorry Kate - you sure didn't need this.

I will be thinking about you and hoping for
nothing but good stuff ... good vibes from me to
you!

suzan w 01-09-2008 08:19 PM

So sorry to hear about this...put on your boxing gloves and go get 'em!!!

nitewind 01-09-2008 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear this, Kate. Keeping you in my prayers.
Hugs

kareneg 01-09-2008 08:32 PM

I am sorry to hear this too you are in my prayers also my friend.

sassy 01-09-2008 08:32 PM

Drat Kate! Sorry you are having to deal with this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Soccermom 01-09-2008 08:51 PM

Me too, Kate...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
marcia

caya 01-09-2008 09:14 PM

Kate -

So sorry you have to deal with this - Sending prayers from Canada, wishing you a speedy recovery.

all the best
caya

AlaskaAngel 01-09-2008 09:16 PM

embolism

Kate, while it isn't fun to have an embolism I am grateful that you happened to be having the imaging and caught it like you did. Hugs to you in keeping one foot in front of the other.

A.A.

Lolly 01-09-2008 10:04 PM

Kate, you're so right about dealing with one thing at a time; it's the only way to stay sane...I tell myself to just keep putting one foot in front of the other(I see A.A. and I have the same philosophy!).
Sending good thoughts out to you :)

<3Lolly

hermiracles 01-09-2008 11:16 PM

Hope the embolism can clear up Kate and all goes well for your treatment tomorrow. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings
Hermiracles

StephN 01-10-2008 12:10 AM

Dear Kate -
Not the way to begin the year! Wonder where this clot came from? You did have a clot from your port catheter. Any connection? I am curious how they will follow up.
Will you have monitoring by more scans?

Hope that drug is the heavy hitter clot buster and will clean it up.

Chelee 01-10-2008 01:24 AM

Kate, I am so sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else. I was told when going through chemo that one thing they have to watch for was blood clots that are *sometimes* due to trt? Not sure if that's true, but I was told that once.

One thing I am glad about...is that you were due for a CT scan this morning because you caught this in time. Major plus. Here's to you getting good news that your lung mets are gone! When you have a chance please update us...until then I will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

Chelee

Mary Jo 01-10-2008 05:29 AM

Sending hugs and prayers for continued healing your way Kate.

Love,

Mary Jo

lilyecuadorian 01-10-2008 08:10 AM

sorry to hear this ,keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ...hopelly everything is going to be OK one at the time

Julie2 01-10-2008 09:01 AM

Kate,

Sorry to hear the news. Wish the bloodthinner will take care of it and the scans will be all clear. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Julie

Emelie 01-10-2008 10:08 AM

One thing at a time is sure our motto, isn't it. Hope all clears up quickly and you get back on track pronto.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Emelie

Mary Anne in TX 01-10-2008 10:18 AM

No! This isn't right, Kate! You've done your share of goofy stuff, you don't need this. But, Kate, they found it. They can fix it. You've certainly proved that you are tough and can fight! I'm so very sorry that you heard those words and must deal with one more thing. But I belive in your ability to rise above one more thing too. I'm praying for you and will be anxious to hear the next news. How do these bodies even come up with all this? Seems like more than 9 innings in this ol game of BC, uh? I'm sending good thoughts and prayers. Much love, ma