HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just thinking about Christine today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54147)

Mary Anne in TX 04-24-2012 11:27 AM

Just thinking about Christine today

I've had Christine on my mind all day today. I met Christine at the sabcs several years ago. I was immediately aware of why and how this site came to be.
She had no hesitation as she approached doctors, nurses, or survivors at the conference. She shared everything she had learned through her own experience and others' also. No one left her at the table without encouragement, more information, and an interest in our Her2 site.
I can't imagine where we might all be today had we not been brought together by Christine's determination to make this site work for us all.
Just wanted to say hello and thank you today, Christine. May God bless you beyond measure today.

tricia keegan 04-24-2012 01:00 PM

Re: Just thinking about Christine today

I can only echo your words Mary Anne and can't imagine what I'd have done without this site or its members in the years since my own dx and thank you Christine for making this community happen for all of us. xx

Paty 04-24-2012 02:11 PM

So true Maryann, I also echo your words, we owe too much to Christine and Joe without whom we would not had been able to become one as we have.

schoolteacher 04-25-2012 04:43 AM

Hope Christine is feeling better.

Amelia

suzan w 04-28-2012 09:06 AM

Christine and Joe started such an incredible network here...I will be forever grateful for their pioneering spirit.

sarah 04-28-2012 09:10 AM

Mary Anne you said it for all of us. Joe and Christine created a safe, caring and informative world which has also become a family of friends.
Christine, my love to you and wishes for good health.
hugs and love
sarah

ElaineM 04-28-2012 11:02 AM

I hope you are doing much better Christine. Keep up the therapy and remember step by step will get you to wherever you want to go.
We miss your imput. Get well and come back to us.

NEDenise 04-30-2012 08:15 AM

Couldn't agree more! Joe and Christine have given me a gift I can never repay! They have blessed my life so much with this wonderful forum, and given me a chance to have an entire group of friends who "get" what I'm going through!

Christine,
You are in my prayers every day. But, today I'm praying not only for your health and happiness...but also in gratitude and celebration of who you are, and for the gift you and your wonderful husband have given to each of us, in this website. I pray that your love and generosity return to you a hundred-fold!

Denise

Sheila 04-30-2012 10:06 AM

A day does not go by that I am not reminded of where I would be without this site....thanks to Christine and all of you, I remain strong and positive. Christine has created a family that we have all become a part of!

KsGal 05-04-2012 02:18 AM

Thank you to Christine and Joe. When I came to this site, I was so scared. I had only heard/read very negative things about HER2 positive breast cancer. My family was quite literally asking me about my funeral plans weeks after my diagnosis. Without everyone here and all the information and support available, I would have been completely lost. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Laurel 05-18-2012 08:46 PM

Anyone know how Christine is doing?

KymAustralia 08-17-2012 02:20 AM

So many beautiful people have graced my life and left footprints in my heart because of this site since I came here shell shocked almost a decade ago. Lyn and Lolly - Mary and Joe and so many other angels. Love and blessings Christine xox

Mary Anne in TX 08-17-2012 06:01 AM

Perhaps, this would be a good day to take a few minutes at noon and say a little prayer for Christine and all our other heroes here on the Her2 site. Love to all, ma

NEDenise 08-17-2012 08:22 AM

Great idea!
Count me in!
In fact...I think I'm going to start a habit of saying a little prayer for all of us around noon EVERY day!

Feel free to join in, my friends!
Love to all!
Denise

Kim in CA 08-17-2012 04:22 PM

Amen to that Mary Anne.

I owe my very life to this site , and am forever grateful.

Kim

KristinSchwick 08-17-2012 06:23 PM

Christine started something amazing- I just hope that some how we can all leave such an inspirational mark behind when it is our time. I am so very thankful for all the support and venting that I can do here- you are the only women who "get" me.

Mtngrl 08-18-2012 08:27 AM

I will be forever grateful to Christine, Joe, and everyone else on this board. Christine, you're a blessing and an inspiration.

Cathya 08-18-2012 12:00 PM

Ditto Ditto Ditto from me. My thoughts and prayers for Christine and Joe and the many other active members of this site. God bless you all.

Cathy

Mary Jo 08-18-2012 07:54 PM

Me too...I need to chime in too. I am a 7 year survivor who joined 6 years ago. I still stop back to check on my friends. You are all important to me. If it wasn't for Christine and Joe this friendship wouldn't be part of my life.

I, too, am grateful. I've learned much and garnered much strength, many days, because of this site.

Thank you seems inadequate, but a heartfelt thankful is all I can offer. Prayers for you Christine.........

Peace,

Mary Jo

Jackie07 08-19-2012 08:42 PM

It's been 4 1/2 years since I became 'active' on this Board. Because of multiple illnesses/procedures, I have also joined several other online support groups.

This is the only one that really feels like a 'family'...

Thanks, 'Christine and family'.