HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Elizabeth Edwards (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47847)

KDR 12-06-2010 03:21 PM

Elizabeth Edwards

It's been on the news that Elizabeth Edwards will not be receiving any more treatment for cancer. She has been a champion for so many. Wishing her the best possible outcome; she has struggled with so much these last years.

Hopeful 12-06-2010 03:34 PM

Re: Elizabeth Edwards

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...est=latestnews

Hopeful

imdavidson 12-06-2010 07:24 PM

So sorry to hear this.

ElaineM 12-06-2010 07:54 PM

Oh. That is too bad. She seemed to finally be able to start re inventing her life after she and John separated.
I wish her and her family well.

Becky 12-07-2010 06:30 AM

I read the news on cnn.com yesterday evening. It tore me up only because it was announced a day or two after the election and I was awaiting my second chemo session at that time. So, I was thinking that for me, it would not seem long enough for life. Just 6 years, and for her, she has those little kids still AND some of her time was crappy (sorry about that word, would like to use another) - with what her husband put her through and all. This is a very sad outcome for her or anyone.

God bless everyone.

mmoons 12-07-2010 07:32 AM

You wrote exactly what I was thinking, Becky. For me, she is a beacon. I have always marveled at how much she has endured and her grace through it all. Losing a child, the public betrayal by her husband, and so much more.

I remember thinking about her when I was diagnosed in 2008...and specifically thinking that she will be fine and so will I.

Dear God, please give her peace.

Maureen

Mary L 12-07-2010 08:21 AM

She is such an elegant, lovely lady. I wish her well. I just saw her in a interview at her gift store she has opened. She looked wonderful and happy. This is very sad news. Mary L

KDR 12-07-2010 08:43 AM

If anyone has read Elizabeth's writings, did she ever say what type of breast cancer she has? I remember that she said in an interview a few months ago (Nate Berkus, Oprah Winfrey?) they needed to try a new regimen.

Margerie 12-07-2010 09:09 AM

I read her book years ago. She did not name specific drugs (intentionally) but from what I recall she had a 9cm tumor, node involvement, neoadjuvant chemo, lumpectomy, radiation. She was mildly er+ pr+ and had trouble with aromatase inhibitors, may have had to discontinue?? I am sure all the stress her jacka$$ of a husband caused her did not help. Very sad news.

MJo 12-07-2010 09:44 AM

Am so sad about this. I doubt she is Her2+. If she were, she would have more treatment options. Strange to be saying that.
I know a woman with a similar profile to Eliz. Edwards, and I feel a sense of dread for her.

KDR 12-07-2010 09:50 AM

May I ask what is aromatase, neoadjuvant, TCH?

PinkGirl 12-07-2010 10:09 AM

Neoadjuvant therapy refers to the administration of therapeutic agents prior to the main treatment. e.g. neo adjuvant hormone therapy prior to radical radiotherapy for adenocarcinoma of the prostate. The aim is to reduce the size or extent of the cancer before employing radical treatment intervention, thus making procedures easier and more likely to be successful, and reducing the consequences of a more extensive treatment technique that would have to be done if the tumor wasn't reduced in size or extent.

TCH is a chemo coctail of Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin

Armomatase is the enzyme that turns androgens into estrogens in our body fat. Armomatase inhibitors stop this ... arimidex, femera etc. These are taken by post menopausal women ...

PinkGirl 12-07-2010 10:10 AM

I am so sad to hear this news. I'm a big 'Elizabeth' fan.
I think Becky was too kind with her choice of words.