HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update - liver resection after taxol/Herc/Perj (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68686)

smim 05-15-2020 09:39 PM

update - liver resection after taxol/Herc/Perj

Not sure where to put this, but I wanted to update on how my treatment was going.
My primary breast cancer was in March 2014, Stage III (ER+/PR+/HER2+).
In November 2019 I presented with an increased CA 15:3, whereafter a CT scan revealed a solitary liver tumor and a tumor in a gland at the liver hilus. From December to mid April, I received weekly taxol and 3-weekly herceptine/perjeta. Anti-hormonal therapy was put on hold during this time.
The PET-CT scans during this time showed stability (i.e. no growth), but also no or little reduction. My tumor markers did reduce more than 50% by the end of the cycle.
Two weeks ago my oncologist and the liver surgeon at my hospital agreed to a liver resection and gland removal via laparoscopy.
I'm very relieved to say it went well, but it was a long and tough operation. I had my birthday on the day after the operation - my wooziest but also most grateful birthday.
Herceptine/perjeta continues and after I recuperate from the operation, the anti-hormonals too.
Experiencing all of this in corona times is so weird, feels like i've fallen into a paralel universe. But I'm getting used to it.
Here I am, ready to go on! :-)

Pamelamary 05-16-2020 12:12 AM

Re: update - liver resection after taxol/Herc/Perj

Glad to hear the resection went well and wishing you a long time on the Herceptin/ Perjeta mix, as many of us have had. It is hard to be going through all this and Covid too, so take specially good care of yourself and enjoy the coming of spring.
Best wishes..... Pam

smim 03-08-2021 01:54 AM

I see this forum is a sleepy one, with less activity that i thought when I joined. But sometimes there's a couple readers and repliers. So, for those on a similar journey, I will update with some good news.
Since my liver resection in May last year, I've had two CT scans and a PET CT. All of them have come back with no evidence of active disease.
I continue on Perjeta/Herceptine/Fulvestrant. Side effects are minimal.

So grateful!

Becky 03-08-2021 04:38 PM

Great news! I am so happy for you.

caya 03-09-2021 10:05 PM

Wonderful news!

all the best
caya

Pamelamary 03-11-2021 09:42 PM

Great news!
It has been quiet here lately, but always worth checking in.
Here's to continuing stable...... Pam

Mary Jo 03-14-2021 04:22 PM

Smim....Thank you for sharing your wonderful news, How relieved and happy you must be. I am praying for you now and will check in again soon to help and support you. Much love.

lk1 03-24-2021 09:48 AM

Smim, this is so very wonderful to hear!!!!!. thanks for sharing. sent you a pm.