HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Thanks Mandamoo! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55718)

dawny 09-03-2012 10:21 PM

Thanks Mandamoo!

Hi everyone
I just wanted to say a "public" thank you to Amanda. Yesterday she spoke at Breast Cancer Network Australia Forum. The Forum was for Advanced breast cancer, held in Melbourne, Australia. Amanda, having only arrived back in the country the night before, and therefore must have been utterly jet-lagged, got up and spoke about Stage 1V b.c, whilst having young children. I both laughed and cried through her talk. I just wanted to praise her for her willingness to share with others. It is such a less lonely path, with others there to share.
THANKS MANDAMOO!!!

Dawn

JennyB 09-03-2012 10:59 PM

Re: Thanks Mandamoo!

Well done Amanda it's never easy to do public speaking much less about something as emotional as your bc journey with a dose of jet lag thrown in!!!

Pamelamary 09-03-2012 11:21 PM

Yes, well done Amanda - and good luck sorting out your treatment. Keep Italy in your head!
Best wishes..... Pam

Mandamoo 09-04-2012 02:52 AM

Wow - thanks Dawny! I'm so glad you came up and said 'hi!'
The jet lag is a little worse today - I think I was running on adrenaline yesterday but was wide awake at 4am this morning and ready to snooze again at 2pm. The kids are really cranky and irritable but I know it will pass.

It was lovely to see so many friendly faces yesterday - I didn't intend to make people cry but I kept seeing teary faces so I am glad you laughed too. I realise I keep meeting wonderful women who as you say make this a much less lonely experience.

Pamelamary - I am desperately trying to keep Italy in my head - I was feeling a little blue today at how quickly reality sets in again as I have been trying to sort out my next step.

As for treatment I am off to Frankston to sign up for the Theresa trial. I am hoping for a tdm1 randomization. Thinking if I get control group it will be a choice between tykerb and herceptin combo or herceptin and Abraxane.

I should know more tomorrow - expect I will do baseline scans Thursday or Friday. Stopped taking my tykerb in anticipation of a wash out time.
I'll let you know how I go.

Bunty 09-04-2012 03:27 AM

Lovely to hear from you Amanda, and I would have loved to hear your talk. Well done in sharing your experience! And speaking of sharing, would love to hear more about your Italy holiday.

Very best wishes in your quest for TDM-1.

Cheers Marie

Pray 09-04-2012 04:39 AM

What a wonderful woman you are Amanda! I too would have liked to see you in action there! I do pray your next combo will be the one to bring you around to ned. Gods blessings to you and your family. I shall keep all of you in my prayers.

chrislmelb 09-04-2012 07:08 AM

I was there also and Amanda's speech was great. Not many dry eyes in the audience.
Amanda, those control arms are really good don't you think?? Thinking of you and all fingers crosssed for your TDM-1 desire.

NEDenise 09-04-2012 05:56 PM

Good for you, Amanda! I wish I had been there too!
I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you get the best possible combo when you get randomized.
Hugs,
Denise

Mandamoo 09-07-2012 09:03 PM

Ahh Italy - we had such a wonderful and warm (hot) time!
Capri was my favourite place - swimming through the grottos was a spectacular experience - maybe even spiritual - the true awesomeness of Nature! So much history, culture in this wonderful country.
Alas, back to dreary grey Melbourne but at least my cherry plum is blossoming to welcome us home.
I'm all signed up for Teresa - baseline scans next Wednesday and Friday and the treatment as soon as randomised hopefully early the following week. Looking at just doing Tykerb and Herceptin if I draw control (this will depend on how stable things have been in the 6 weeks since scans showed progression - I continued Tykerb while away and had a perception before I left but am now on nothing).
If things are rapidly happening we will do Abraxane and Herceptin.
I am OK with either arm with of course a preference to give TDM1 a go - all patients in the centre (5) are currently randomised to TDM1 - 1 stable and the other 4 with more impressive results.
How quickly Italy can be forgotten.
Finally added the pic from my 40th - it was a blast!

dawny 09-07-2012 09:51 PM

Hi Amanda
Thanks for the photo update, looks like you had a lot of fun!
Fingers crossed that you get TDM1. How long before you will know if you have got it? And how do you know, do they tell you straight off, or is it a guessing game?
Best of luck, keep thinking of Italy and smiling!
Dawn xx

chrislmelb 09-08-2012 04:43 AM

I think you meant Herceptin, not perception!! Auto text lol.