HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hello from Flori (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69361)

SoCalGal 06-13-2021 10:47 PM

Hello from Flori

Dropping by to say hello - it's now 14 years that I'm living with her2+MBC. This was my tweet from Friday, and I thought I'd share here, back to my her2 roots!!

In ‘96 was diagnosed w Her2+ BrCa, NO Herceptin. Recurrence in 2002, still no Herceptin. In 2007 MBC & finally Herceptin. In 2019 cns & lepto, dr said 3-6mos.
At 2:00AM today my grandson was born. I am so grateful. Never ever thought I’d live to see this! My heart is bursting<3

Treatment UPDATE: I've been on tucatinib/herceptin/xeloda since October & have been mostly stable. Sending Love & Wishing you all well! xoxo flori

web: www.beingflori.com
twitter: @CANsurvive

Pamelamary 06-14-2021 12:45 AM

Re: Hello from Flori

So glad to hear from you, Flori! And congratulations on your grandson - after reading your history, who would have thought you would be here celebrating? An inspiration to us all.
Warm wishes from Oz.... Pam

donocco 06-14-2021 02:00 AM

Flori

Great to hear from you. I was wondering what was going on as its beenawhile. Congrats on your grandchild. Mine have disappeared ie they have grown up. One is 20 and the other almost 15. Wow time goes by fast

Paul

lk1 06-14-2021 07:41 AM

CONGRATULATIONS FLORI!! What wonderful news! And so happy to hear from you! I follow your beingflori website. I love your stories, so meaningful and inspiring. - love laura

Donna H 06-14-2021 08:38 AM

So great to hear from you. Congrats and may you have many more celebrations to come!

jaykay 06-16-2021 08:27 AM

Flori, I’ve been thinking about you quite a lot lately and am sooo glad you’re doing remarkably well!

Congrats on the grandson and keep on keeping on!

Lien 06-16-2021 02:11 PM

Hi Flori,

So wonderful to hear from you! Stable is an amazing, thing, isn't it? Especially when grandchildren come into the picture. Congratulations! May stable be with you for a long, long time.

Laurel 06-17-2021 05:45 PM

Hey there, Grammy!

Congratulations! I am envious! I do have 4 "Grand-dogs" now, tho. Will have to visit your website, Flori. Glad you are surviving and thriving! You are a Timex Energizer Bunny! You take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Don't be a stranger.

Margaret Eleanor 06-18-2021 06:20 PM

Flori!!!

My heart is filled with joy to read that you’ve met your grandbaby!!

May you remain stable until a cure is available…or at least until the next drug to keep you stable is available.

Margaret Eleanor

Since I so rarely post, I also wanted you to know that I’m so grateful for your knowledge and wisdom and your generosity to share it with all of us.

imani 06-19-2021 06:46 PM

Thank you for coming back to update .those of us newly diagnosed really appreciate it

kk1 06-21-2021 09:07 AM

Flori;

First, congratulations on the birth of your grandson! Second, thank you so much for posting today it is just the hope I need. After 10 years in remission and 18 years living with MBC I fell off the NED wagon 15 months ago, and can't seem to hop back on.

I blew thru several new therapy lines in the last 8 months and will start ENHERTU in two weeks. Your post gives me hope that it may work for me too. I would be grateful for any words of advise on ENHERTU.

kk1

donocco 06-22-2021 02:58 PM

The main side effects that have to be watched for with Enhertu are pneumonitis. decreases in left ventricular ejection fraction and neutropenia. anemia and thrombocytopenia. Fatigue is also common and decreased appetite. Report any breathing problems or upper respiratory symptoms to the oncologist. Your blood counts and heart function very probably will be carefully monitored. There can be hair loss but I believe it is not severe as with Taxol and Adriamycin. Diahrrhea is also a possibility as Enhertu contains a topoisomerase inhibitor.

Paul

Catherine 07-06-2021 11:28 PM

Flori, Flori, Morning Glory had a grandson and could read a story......
May you be reading nursery rhymes to your little guy soon!
Send good wishes your way,
Catherine