HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Skin Mets Progression, Starting Rads Next Week (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33052)

Lolly 03-12-2008 08:19 PM

Skin Mets Progression, Starting Rads Next Week

Well Friends,
It's not easy to tell you this news, but my skin mets started progressing on Avastin, Taxol, Carbo. This week has been busy with scans and radiation planning as we've decided to hit the buggers with the Death Rays and try to clear up this mess once and for all. The plan is for 6 weeks, then if needed back on chemo to "mop up" any remaining spots.
Ixempra is waiting in the wings, and I know there are also a few older chemos I haven't had yet, so I feel grateful there are still options for me.

This will be an ordeal to get through, but the skin mets are becoming a real problem so we must resort to big guns again.

I'm hopeful this will buy me more time, so keep me in your prayers...

<3 Lolly

LOPSIDED 03-12-2008 08:23 PM

Just Wanted To Let You Know, I'm Wishing You The Best. We Will Be "Ixempra Sisters".

lilyecuadorian 03-12-2008 08:27 PM

send you all my prayers and my best wishes ...in your choices ...Love,Lily

Bill 03-12-2008 08:33 PM

Lolly, I'm sorry to hear about your progression. I'm glad you still have options, though, and you know you're always in my thoughts and my prayers. We love you, and please keep us posted. Love, Bill

Karen W 03-12-2008 08:49 PM

Lolly,

I am prayers and strength your way.

Hugs,
Karen

Paty 03-12-2008 09:14 PM

Lolly,

My prayers are with you.

Kim in CA 03-12-2008 10:17 PM

Darn it ! I'm so sorry those skin mets are being soooo stubborn. I hope the Death Rays send them running. You are always in my prayers Lolly Girl, and you will continue to be for sure.

Sending big hugs your way,

Kim

Jean 03-12-2008 10:19 PM

Lolly,
I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with this new challenge.
Hopefully the radiation will be all that is needed and you can
hold off on the chemo.

Sending you healing energy and special prayers your way.

Blessings,
Jean

Mary Jo 03-13-2008 04:02 AM

Our Dear Lolly.............http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif

Sending hugs, love and my heartfelt prayers this morning that the radiation you will embark on will stop the skin mets in their tracks. I'm sorry you are having to go through this BUT like you am happy that options are still available to you.

May God's loving Arms hold you close sweet sister...........and may Peace reign in your heart...

Love,

Mary Jo

dhealey 03-13-2008 04:26 AM

Lolly, Sending you prayers to give you strength and rid you of your skin mets. Stay strong and may you find a peace within.

Sheila 03-13-2008 04:36 AM

Lolly
I am so sorry to hear of your progression. You are in my prayers that the rads will stop this once and for all...maybe you won't even need the chemo after the rads! Sending a big hug and lots of prayers Lolly.

Mary Anne in TX 03-13-2008 04:47 AM

Lolly, I'm so sorry you've been given this news, but so glad they are ready to "death ray" them and get rid of them forever! I'll sure be praying and trusting that this will do the trick for you. Much love to you, ma

goops 03-13-2008 04:50 AM

I am so sorry for all you have had to go through, you will be in my prayers.

Leslie's sister 03-13-2008 06:22 AM

prayers

Lolly:

just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you, praying that all goes well and you knock those skin mets out once and for all. I enjoy reading your posts and love your name!

Lisa

caya 03-13-2008 06:26 AM

Dear Lolly,

I am sending prayers from Canada that the rads will do the trick and finish off those nasty mets.

all the best
caya

basset girl 03-13-2008 06:52 AM

Lolly I am so sorry about the progression. I hope that the radiation will zap the mets away. Praying for God to give you his peace and strength today.

PinkGirl 03-13-2008 07:22 AM

So sorry Lolly. I wish you the best for
this next round. I like the "mop up" analogy.
I can picture the chemo coming in at the
end for the stragglers. It sounds like a good
plan of attack - stay strong and positive and
please keep us all posted.

hermiracles 03-13-2008 07:43 AM

Lolly - sorry to hear this news sis. Hope the radiation does a good job on those skin mets! and you get through it OK.http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif
BIG hugs and prayers Lolly.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Vi Schorpp 03-13-2008 08:05 AM

Oh Lolly

I'm sorry to hear this. It will be 5 years next month since I first visited this site and you were one of the biggest contributors since I've joined. You were very generous in sharing your experiences and also in uplifting so many on the board. I wish you well. You reap what you sow, so I know that all positive thoughts and prayers are with you. That, along with your new plan, will keep you in good stead. Get well. Be well. Stay well.

Faith in Him 03-13-2008 11:58 AM

Lolly,

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I am praying hard that the rads do the trick and that you will not need chemo.

Hugs,
Tonya