HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rugged Week ---moving things at lightening pace. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63958)

MaineRottweilers 10-20-2015 03:59 AM

Rugged Week ---moving things at lightening pace.

Feeling a little overwhelmed. I don't remember things being so fast paced the first time around.

Tuesday: MUGA, chemo Teaching in Farmington and check in for surgery tomorrow in Augusta.

Wednesday: Kyphoplasty

Thursday: meet with oncologist in Farmington, PET scan and first radiation treatment in Augusta.

Friday: chemo ---all day in the chair.

All smooth sailing after that. I just need to fit in time to have my port placed.

He never gives us more than we can bear, right? I am beginning to feel a bit like a science experiment. It'll be a wonder that I don't glow in the dark from all the radioactive tags and radiation exposure this week.

Carol Ann 10-20-2015 05:58 AM

Re: Rugged Week ---moving things at lightening pace.

Thinking of you and hoping the week is not any worse than it has to be. Back to NED!

Carol Ann

Becky 10-20-2015 08:11 AM

Thinking about you. You can do it, I know you can and you know it too.

Huge hugs

thinkpositive 10-20-2015 11:15 AM

Tracy,

Better to have things moving quickly than delay getting back to NED. I'm sure it is a lot to deal with right now both physically and emotionally. We are all rooting for you and sending positive healing energy your way.

Take Care
Brenda

tricia keegan 10-20-2015 12:26 PM

Tracy,

I known it empowered me when I began treatment and I felt I was fighting back, stay strong and know each day brings you closer back to NED!

suzan w 10-20-2015 06:10 PM

Best of luck! Much better to get going and crush the beast!!!

StephN 10-21-2015 09:45 PM

As has been mentioned - better to keep moving that too much time between all that needs to be done. It is a busy week, and will be over before you know it. Just take time to breathe and then move on to the next appointment.

Thinking good thoughts for you and sending wishes for all this to get you that next dance with NED.

Catherine 10-22-2015 08:05 PM

Sending you good vibes. Be as strong as you can be. Not fun, but you can do it!

MaineRottweilers 10-23-2015 04:06 AM

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, they most certainly do help me to be less daunted by the process.

As it ends up things got pushed around a little bit. Surgery went well on Wednesday but as I was getting ready to go leave for my PET scan, the Alfond Center called to let me know that Boston had a manufacturing issues with the radiotagged sugar solution and would be unable to deliver. So I took Chemo on Thursday instead so I could be under observation by my own oncologist. He wasn't going to be available on Friday but we set it up so I could take my chemo in a timely fashion. He's only at my hospital once a week.
PET is rescheduled for Monday and I have not yet rescheduled my radiation appointment.

MO asked me to try and get a consult with Dr. Winer at DFCI. He wants to make sure we are doing everything we can.

Back was pretty miserable yesterday but feeling a good deal better today.

jra40 10-23-2015 06:09 AM

Praying for you - stay strong!

thinkpositive 10-23-2015 10:38 AM

Tracy,

Thanks for the update. Glad you are feeling better today. I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Take care,
Brenda

sassy 10-24-2015 11:02 AM

Tracy,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Strength and comfort to you.

MaineRottweilers 10-25-2015 03:23 AM

Thanks, ladies!

Feeling much. much better pain-wise. I am 100% pain free and ROM is more or less restored. Of course, after 12 weeks of complete inactivity/flexibility, my strength and flexibility are greatly compromised but I can put on my shoes and undies without pain. WONDERFUL!

I felt so well that I took a three mile walk in the woods. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do that for a long, long time. It was invigorating and restored some strength, will, fight and faith in my soul. Life is GOOD.

GI effects from Chemo --yuck but that just means it's working its killing magic.

I wonder if I should still consider radiation given the relief the kyphoplasty has given me. I have my simulation scheduled for Thursday. I'll make sure to mention how improved I am and see what the RO wants to do.

Keep on moving forward!

suzan w 10-25-2015 02:42 PM

So glad to hear you were able to take a great walk in the woods. Mother Nature knows what's best!!

Jackie07 10-25-2015 03:03 PM

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Perhaps you've known this (the healing power of trees) already ...

https://www.psychologies.co.uk/body/...-of-trees.html