HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Difference between oncology and voodoo? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58456)

Pamelamary 06-27-2013 03:55 AM

Difference between oncology and voodoo?

I have just been through the 4 monthly scanxiety, but am happy to report that I am still stable, with even a tiny amount of further shrinkage on those nasty liver mets. (Described last time as almost immeasurable and probably inactive - we in Oz don't seem to talk much about NED!)
So I continue with Herceptin/ Tamoxifen and Denosumab, and while of course there are side effects, I have been feeling very well. After a great summer, I travelled to Morocco during April and am already planning the next (short) trip. I am even beginning to get used to my curly locks; at least it hasn't grown back grey!
I asked my doctor the above question yesterday and he replied that it takes longer to become an oncologist!??!! An insult to witch doctors?
More seriously, we spoke of the obvious research trends towards tumour profiling and the individualisation of treatment - but still such a long way to go.
In the meantime, let's make hay!
Best wishes to all...... Pam

Mandamoo 06-27-2013 05:33 AM

Re: Difference between oncology and voodoo?

That's great news Pam. Lol at your question to your oncologist. Glad the current 'medicine' is working. And wow - Morocco - jealous much? One day ��

NEDenise 06-27-2013 06:51 AM

Pam!
Stable is almost as good as NED in my book! Congratulations!!

And...I think your curly locks are quite becoming!! :) Although, I thought you rocked the scarf in your old avatar too!

Morocco? You Aussies take waaaaaay better vacations than the Americans I know do (including me!) Seriously! I get all excited about visiting another state... and you ladies take trips to exotic places like Bali, Fiji, and Morocco! :) I'm jealous too!

So happy for your good scans! And even more happy that you're enjoying life in spite of BC! You're a role model my friend!!

Denise

tricia keegan 06-27-2013 03:55 PM

Sending good wishes and thinking of you Pam and hope you enjoyed Morocco, we spent an overnight there while on holiday in the Canaries.:)

Bunty 06-29-2013 05:39 AM

Great update Pamelamary! We love stable!
Cheers Marie

Jackie07 06-29-2013 08:07 AM

Stable is good. We love 'stable'.

What a great question/issue you'd asked/raised! And your doctor's answer is 'perfecto'!

Sending you good vibes and thanks for sharing.

MaineRottweilers 06-30-2013 03:15 AM

A positive update is music to my ears. Your successful gives me great hope for all of us.

Pray 06-30-2013 11:39 PM

How wonderful, Gods blessings to you my friend.

yanyan 07-01-2013 11:29 AM

Stable IS good ! Congratulations !!

MJo 07-05-2013 05:25 PM

ROFL I have got to tell my oncologist the difference between oncology and voodoo. Thanks for a good laugh.

karen z 07-06-2013 05:48 AM

great news................
great picture by the way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>