HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   15 cancerversary (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68665)

Jean 05-06-2020 02:07 PM

15 cancerversary

Hello Everyone,
Never would have thought back 15 years that i would be concerned about a deadly virus. Back then when dx. I was terrified of my cancer dx. Hearing Her2 triple positive. Oncotype DX was not in use or approved by medical insurance.
Her2 was not approved for early stage ladies. Treatment has come a good distance in the past 15 years. But sadly "not enough" we are still losing women to breast cancer.

While I am grateful & thankful for the 15 yr. survival of being cancer free I am still concerned for all my sisters who are still getting a dx. with breast cancer & for those who are doing battle with this monster. I pray and hope that the next years bring us a cure.

Wishing all to be safe from the Cov-19 virus and encouragement to all newly dx. ladies. Never ever give up - each day brings us closer.
While I wish it was yesterday - I hope for tomorrow.
Love to All,
Jean

jaykay 05-06-2020 03:23 PM

Re: 15 cancerversary

Happy 15th, Jean! I remember when you reached out to me 8 years ago when I recurred after 12 years of NED.

Here’s to many more cancer free years for both of us and continued development of treatments for her2+ and all breast cancers.

Xoxo
Janis

Becky 05-07-2020 01:44 PM

Oh darling girl. Cheers for you. I am a grandma now. I have a grandson who will be coming home from the NICU any day. He was born 10 weeks early in all this mayhem. I have not even seen him "live" just on webcam because of the virus. Bit I am still here too and I made it this far like you to see it. Stay safe Jean. You know I will always love you. You were there for me as were many others on this board.

nancy dip 05-08-2020 09:01 AM

Dear Jean and Becky, how nice to hear from you both. I am almost 14 yrs out and when I was diagnosed, you two (being slightly ahead) were inspirational to me. I live in the UK and you gave me such hope and so many good ideas as things were not so advanced here as in the USA. Keep safe and well. Nancy

caya 05-09-2020 07:18 PM

Congrats on the 15 year cancerversary, Jean!

all the best
caya

tricia keegan 05-10-2020 02:41 PM

Sorry I'm late Jean but many congratulations and a great worded post, wishing you many more years cancer free!!

Jean 06-17-2020 12:47 PM

Lovely Ladies, Thank you for your kind and loving words.
Tricia never to late!!!
Caya you are almotst right there with me on cancerversy. Let's all hit 50 years...lol
Nancy so good to hear from you from across the pond.
Janis, yes I remember also...thank God we all have each other.
Becky - my sweetheart friend. Congratulations you are one beautiful Grandma...
hugs to all
Jean

CutiePie 07-30-2020 11:37 AM

Congratulations, great feat 15 years! I'm at 14 years