HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rest in peace, Elizabeth (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47860)

mmoons 12-07-2010 03:27 PM

Rest in peace, Elizabeth

Praying for the Edward's family...

PinkGirl 12-07-2010 03:34 PM

Re: Rest in peace, Elizabeth

Compassion, strength, dignity, grace ... the list goes on ...
this is so sad.

KDR 12-07-2010 03:46 PM

Well, I am fuming!!
I was just watching coverage of her passing on Wolf Blitzer's Situation Room, and some idiot female commentator just said, "...she got to live with this gorgeous guy and she herself was not so gorgeous..." I stood there with my jaw hanging down, then quickly fired off an email to CNN that she should be fired for that. I noticed they quickly went to break.

Have a great and peaceful flight, Elizabeth. We will fight on for you.

Joanna J 12-07-2010 04:01 PM

So sorry for Elizabeths' Family may God get them through this sad time,praying for the family. Joanna J

PinkGirl 12-07-2010 04:21 PM

... I will add gorgeous to the list ...

Chelee 12-07-2010 04:26 PM

KDR,
I just happened to hear that too and I wasn't very happy about it. I am going to send a email to CNN also! That was just uncalled for and has nothing to do with Elizabeth's battling cancer...nor her passing. I was so ticked off when I heard that...glad I'm not the only one.

Chelee

krisvell 12-07-2010 04:38 PM

Elizabeth was inspiration to me. I will miss her. Rest in peace.

duga35 12-07-2010 04:43 PM

So sad..........

Does anyone happen to know if she was her2+++

MaryAn 12-07-2010 04:53 PM

A powerful, beautiful inspirational woman who handled life with dignity.

KirisMum 12-07-2010 05:11 PM

I believe she had IDC and was triple negative.
Her strength and love for her family were inspirational.
May Godspeed her and may her family find peace.

KDR 12-07-2010 05:18 PM

Chelee,
Glad I'm not the only one who heard it!
Who was the female anchor who made that unflattering, uncalled for and totally inappropriate comment?
The lack of compassion in people never ceases to amaze me.

ElaineM 12-07-2010 05:24 PM

Rest in peace beautiful, kind, smart and compassionate Elizabeth. You gave much to this world.
Please watch over all your breast cancer sisters and brothers from heaven. You will always be part of our breast cancer family.
Much sympathy to your family, especially your dear children who you cherished so much.

KDR 12-07-2010 05:26 PM

No, she was not triple negative. She was ER,+ PR+. WebMD did an interview with Elizabeth and she talked about her diagnosis and drugs she was taking. For some reason, I cannot paste links here. Anyway, try www.hormonenegative.blogspot.com/2010/12/elizabeth-edwards-has-hormone.html (I typed this).

Ceesun 12-07-2010 06:01 PM

A lady full of grace.....what a kick in the teeth...this one really hurts. May she have eternal love and PEACE... Ceesun

tricia keegan 12-07-2010 06:25 PM

I was so sorry to read this news earlier:(

flynny 12-07-2010 06:28 PM

saying a prayer for her kids and the rest of her family. She was an amazing woman who stood up for herself! She will be remembered as a remarkable, inspirational woman

Gerri 12-07-2010 08:23 PM

Elizabeth Edwards: "I don't know how many tomorrows I have. Really, none of us do. I want to fight now, I need to fight now and I am buoyed by the fact that you are fighting now."

The words of a true warrior.

MCS 12-07-2010 11:16 PM

forget the politics.

what strength and courage in the public eye, humility in her own illness, the pain of her husband cheating

i cannot imagine how she survived all of this.

She is not alone in heaven, her son is hugging her now. imgine the stories and smiles between them

God keep her in your arms

Maria

harrie 12-07-2010 11:32 PM

Her life has touched and inspired so many people.

MCS 12-07-2010 11:32 PM

I have not heard this news about Elizabeth Edwards not being beautiful in CNN.
Who the hell is CNN to judge inside beauty and resilience and character strength. I'll search for it since I cannot find it now. CNN go to hell! What do you know about fighting for your life and a tomorrow; today and every day

KDR 12-08-2010 06:52 AM

Check 9:41 on the transcript for the nasty comment. Hopefully, enough opposition will circulate on the Web for this woman to issue an apology and admit her small-minded and unforgivable comment.

http://www.livedash.com/transcript/t...7_2010/529553/

Mary L 12-08-2010 08:12 AM

I think she was a beautiful women. I am so sad she is no longer with us. She was a wonderful inspiration. I will miss her. mary L

Jane 12-08-2010 09:41 AM

CNN's email to comment on appalling comments about Eliz. Edwards

Ladies,
I just read the comments from CNN correspondent Gloria Bolger, spoken today on Wolf Blitzer's Situation Room show. Thanks to this board for flagging this totally offensive and inappropriate comment. Bolger said that John Edwards was "a gorgeous guy and she, not so gorgeous."

I think CNN should hear en masse how inappropriate that comment was. arrgghhhhhh.

Here's the email, should you want to send them a comment:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?65

jane

mmoons 12-08-2010 10:14 AM

Thank you for the link, Jane! I just sent my professional but VERY blasting comments to them. Shame on Gloria Bolger!!!!

Mary Jo 12-08-2010 12:26 PM

Thank you for sharing the link to post a comment. I did just that. I did not hear it myself, only read of it hear. I did share that with them and told them I was happy I didn't tune in that night. Shame on this so called professional.

Mary Jo

janieR 12-08-2010 12:59 PM

I am so very very sad to hear the news like everyone else here.

What a lovely woman. She deserved better but is at peace now.

Janie

Patb 12-08-2010 07:00 PM

Goodbye Elizabeth, Rest in Peace
patb

Midwest Alice 12-08-2010 07:14 PM

Cnn .... I missed that . I was watching Fox .. They did a nice job talking about Elizebeth.

'lizbeth 12-08-2010 08:46 PM

She was a beautiful lady, but you can see the toll the cancer took on her health and looks over the course of her illness. A terrible disease. No one should have to suffer from cancer.

tfabre 12-09-2010 09:07 PM

She was a truly beautiful, courageous and gracious woman. My heart goes out to her family...

Chelee 12-09-2010 11:34 PM

KDR thanks for posting the a link to the transcript...and I'd like to thank Jane for sharing the name of this ding bat "Gloria Bolger" that made the comment. I had already fired off one email that 1st day about this to CNN. But now with the added info I just blasted them again with the exact words that were said from the transcript...and with whom said them. (So thanks ladies!) I normally watch FOX only but they were at commercial so I switch over just in time to hear that. I hope she loses her job. Elizabeth was a pretty women and John Edwards should of been so lucky to have her. He is by far the worse "cancer" Elizabeth had.

I think Elizabeth was a beautiful women inside and out...and a true inspriation to so many that are battling this dreadful disease. It's so sad we lost her so soon. My heart especially goes out to her childern that were left behind.

Chelee

WolverineFan 12-10-2010 02:11 PM

Amen MCS! What a load of crap! I'm going to write CNN as well. Thank you KDR for bringing this to our attention. I can't even believe it!!!!!

KDR 12-10-2010 09:23 PM

I'm still mad, and a group is planning to protest her funeral holding signs "Thank God For Breast Cancer!" How much can her family take? ARRRRGH!

Jackie07 12-11-2010 01:07 PM

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human.

But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."

--- Mary Elizabeth Anania Edwards

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/1...omment-1204963

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../jkusa.01.html

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...035800,00.html

NanaJoni 12-11-2010 01:50 PM

And I just added my email to CNN - Gloria Bolger is either cruel and hypocritical or appallingly ignorant (probably both). Elizabeth Edwards lived and shared her dying with grace and dignity. How dare this woman criticize her. Does anyone know if those awful people from the Westboro Baptist Church picketed?

Jackie07 12-11-2010 10:00 PM

They did - CNN showed a tiny 2, 3 second on their broadcasting today. I think everyone realized that the less exposure, the better. Below is the report from Christian Science Monitor:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/12...dwards-funeral

ps. To see other threads on this 'Board', scroll up and click on the 'her2group' link.

sarah 12-12-2010 12:10 PM

Very sad, courageous, intelligent and I'd say beautiful woman. I can't believe some of the unbelievably nasty things some people are saying about her and they profess to being "righteous"!!! not in my book and I don't think God will be too happy with them either. What ever religion they're part of, I'm glad I'm not. How can people be so hateful??? what did she do to them? Kill their cat??? I feel terrible for her family not only suffering her loss but this vehement nastiness. too sad. What's happened to empathy? I certainly hope KDR that the group won't picket her funeral, how sick is that? My sympathies to her poor distressed family.