HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak~Tumor Numbers Back On The Rise Again~Uggh!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36050)

Believe51 10-10-2008 11:51 AM

~Mighty Oak~Tumor Numbers Back On The Rise Again~Uggh!!

Nothing we can do at the moment because he needs a chemo break to recup, but marker sensitive Ed has TM on the rise again. I have been so depressed since returning from vacation. Today we had a conversation about doing some more travelling while he is feeling better. Before his call I was scheduling another cruise and just about to confirm these plans.

Although I asked him not to get upset about this rise, I hung up the phone in tears. If I am so very tired, I cannot imagine what he is feeling right now. I plan on going home early, taking a Xanax, making a latte and printing pictures in my p.j.'s until I fall asleep.

I do not know what else to say but I know one thing....I really need some heavy duty prayers and support right now. I know the cruise was to regroup and stay strong. Call me an idiot but I thought we would have more time without issues.

We already have a game plan to resort to if need be and although this brings some comfort to us, I am sickened by this news.

Dear Cancer,
How many times do we have to set you straight?? You are not welcomed here and never were. You are up against a person who is going to beat you down over and over again with goals to obliviate you and for all. We are sickened by your forcefullness and will fight you back ten-fold. With each action you take we shall have a reaction, we will always have the next step to take already planned, as we do now. I hope you are finally listening to what we are saying, you are wasting your time, your energy. You are not up just against my best friend, you are up against an entire force of my friends. We are here and we are just as determined to survive as you are. You do not stand a chance amongst us personally or this force behind us. We stand as one, we are here, we are just as detemined and we are Warriors. I bid you goodbye one more time, for you are not welcomed here!!

Love and Prayers>>Believe51

janieR 10-10-2008 12:30 PM

You were here for me about my lovely husband through the bad and good news as it is now for him and believe me you are both in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Me and stuart wish you so much goodwill and support and I am sure everyone else on this site does as well. My heart goes out to you.

Janie

Margerie 10-10-2008 12:42 PM

What goes up, must come down......! And come down with a mighty crash~ that is my hope!

Wishing you and Ed many more happy cruises and happy moments. Best to you.

chrisy 10-10-2008 12:54 PM

Marie, sweet Marie,

Well said in your letter - I hope that dumb cancer gets the message.

I am sending my strongest prayers for you and Ed. Strong loving comfort and strength for you both. And I am getting little stern with the great Healer who I know is listening and can take it. Enough!

Sweet dreams
Chris

Mary Anne in TX 10-10-2008 12:57 PM

I join Margerie in wishing you lots of more cruises and years of victories. I know it must be so very hard to receive this news and have to go on offense once more to battle this horrible disease. I'll keep on praying for you and Ed and all the others who may get down, but always rise again to do another day's battle. May you receive the strength, wisdom, and courage to fight hard once more. Much love,
ma

schoolteacher 10-10-2008 12:57 PM

Marie,

I will be praying for the Mighty Oak and you. I hope you have a good weekend.

Amelia

mts 10-10-2008 01:16 PM

Im sending healing prayers ... for both of you.

maria

Joy 10-10-2008 02:46 PM

me too

Count me in Marie and Ed and maybe we can do a mass mailing with fed ex on your letter! Oaks are hardy, as you know! Take care of yourself as well as you do Ed, you both deserve it!

notamrnpsn 10-10-2008 02:50 PM

markers

Hey Marie, i will definitly keep you both in my prayers. I am really happy you enjoyed your cruise. I only have 36 days to go before I board the Carnival Glory. I still have to get a biopsy done on my hip, but hell or high water I am going on my cruise. I will keep you and ed in my thoughts, Hugs and Blessings, Jeanette

Patty F 10-10-2008 02:50 PM

Damn...I am tired of this cancer visiting Ed. GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenann 10-10-2008 02:54 PM

I'm here for you Ed and Marie. Prayers and strength being sent your way.

Karen

Audrey 10-10-2008 03:01 PM

(((Marie))) I'm so sorry to hear of your latest worries. I'll be keeping you and Ed in my thoughts and prayers

dhealey 10-10-2008 03:28 PM

I read your post with tears in my eyes, I know what it is like to keep climbing the roller coaster ride with cancer. My heart goes out to you and I am sending hugs and prayers your way. I just found out my son-in-law (who is battling melanoma) and on interferon was told today his treatment isn't working. I don't think there are any more tricks in the bag for him. He is only 35. It just devastes me. I have found 7 clinical trials for him to try to get into, but he is resistant. Anyway I feel your pain and frustration!

Colleens_Husband 10-10-2008 03:43 PM

Marie:

I am sorry to hear about the numbers. I know how hard it is for you and your beloved husband. Please know that you are in our hearts and prayers.

Lee and Colleen

Sheila 10-10-2008 03:49 PM

Oh Marie, I am so sorry that this is happening...you both are so strong, and filled with faith and love, you WILL overcome this setback and be able to go on many more cruises and spend lots of time being in love....my prayers are with you both....stay strong!

Faith in Him 10-10-2008 04:00 PM

Maire,

Sending arrow prayers straight to heaven for you and Ed.

Bill 10-10-2008 04:35 PM

Marie, I'm really sorry to hear about Ed's TM rise. You guys hang in there, sweetie. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Yorkiegirl 10-10-2008 07:34 PM

Marie sending many, many prayers for Ed and you. Please know you are both in my heart.

caya 10-10-2008 07:46 PM

Prayers from Canada for you and Ed, dear Marie.

all the best,
caya

Soccermom 10-10-2008 07:54 PM

Prayers from me for your "mighty oak",Marie! Wish I could wave that darned anti cancer magic wand....sigh...
Marcia

Unregistered 10-10-2008 08:20 PM

Please just keep on kicking butt on this. Hugs and prayers, Bev

Chelee 10-10-2008 10:48 PM

Marie, I am so sorry to hear you have to deal with this yet again. My heart goes out to you. I will be keeping you both in my hearts amd prayers.

Chelee

kimber 10-11-2008 05:56 AM

Oh Marie. With tears I write. I know, just know that you and Ed will find more strength to continue the battle. You will cruise again my friends. The power of prayer! We have to believe! Know one knows that better than Ms. Believe herself!!
Much love to you both -
kim

Patb 10-11-2008 06:39 PM

A little late with my post but my prayers and thoughts
are with you and Ed. Take care
patb

juanita 10-11-2008 06:44 PM

sorry to hear about ed's tms. i'll say an extra prayer for both of you.

StillHere 10-11-2008 08:24 PM

Marie, all I can say is that I have always and will always keep the most positive thoughts heading your way. Give
Ed a peck on the forehead for me. Wishing you a peaceful nights sleep to keep on keeping. XOXOXOX Karen

jones7676 10-11-2008 08:55 PM

Marie and Ed - I'm thinking positive thoughts for the two of you. Hang in there.

Sherryg683 10-11-2008 09:01 PM

You know you and Ed will be in my prayers. You are such an angel and he is so lucky to have someone like you fighting in his corner. Please stay stong..sherryg683

Mary Jo 10-12-2008 05:30 AM

I'm sorry Marie. Plain and simple, it sucks! If I could take this burden from you and Ed.....I would.

I ask God to give you His strength as you battle.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

hermiracles 10-12-2008 07:27 AM

So sorry Marie - this is happening for Ed and you.
You are both always in my prayers.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Joan M 10-12-2008 08:48 AM

Marie,

You and Ed are in my prayers. And I totally relate to your feelings. I was barely rejoicing for 24 hours about the good lung PET/CT results after the ablation when I learned of the brain met. I also thought I would have more "up" time. But I admire your strength and determination, and I know it can be really trying at times. I would agree with a Xanax and printing out photos. Photography is my hobbie and I have a great printer, but it seems that lately between work and cancer there's just not a lot of time. All my love to you and Ed.

Joan

Becky 10-12-2008 12:34 PM

Dear Marie

I am thinking about you and Ed now. Maybe its just a small blimp and is a meaningless thing. This is no place like hope.

Massive hugs to you

IRENE FROM TAMPA 10-12-2008 03:27 PM

I am so sorry Ed and Marie

to hear of this news. It always such a let down when those words are given to you "again".

I am so happy that you both had a great time on your cruise and DO NOT stop planning for the next one.

As you know. like so many on this board, we have heard the words "its back" too many times.

just remember and please reinforce to Ed from me that through all of my years I never stop making future plans, and I must say that I have been here to see many come through. So please tell him never to give up, that is all that we can do and do plan some more trips. That will give him and yourself something to look forward to. I have come to the conclusion that we can't keep worrying about things that we have no control over. So lets get on with our LIVING.

Marie, you are both such wonderful caring people and I am so sorry you both have to go through this again. Just know that my prayers are always with you both.

Take care my friends

sassy 10-12-2008 08:17 PM

Marie and Ed,

I am keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hate that you are having to deal with this. Stay strong!

Kavy 10-13-2008 02:38 AM

Marie,
I am sending prayers for both of you. So sorry to hear about Ed's news. You both stay strong, have faith, and take one day at a time. Book your cruise and enjoy it with Mighty Oak. I pray that you both will have many, many more cruises and trips together. By the way, I love cruises too.
A big hug for both of you, and lots of prayers your way.
KarlaV.

nitewind 10-13-2008 07:32 AM

Marie, you know that you and Ed are always in my prayers.
Hugs

Believe51 10-13-2008 07:34 AM

My Next Question To All Of You Was....

...without sounding like my priorities were messed up..."Would you plan the cruise anyway for September/October 2009??"

You have all answered my question. In our continued rebellion against cancer, Mighty Oak and I will be booking another cruise for next years '3rd Cancerversary' tour!! I tossed this around so much over the weekend and came back to read your continued support to go.

So take that cancer!! We will be getting the travelers insurance just in case you decide to keep rearing your ugly head. We planned on doing all this travelling in ten years until we learned there is no time like today.

Thank you all for your love and support. I feel so much better today just being able to reflect over the weekend. So here we go again. Off to fight the beast but happy we still have the chance! We are not dying from cancer...WE ARE LIVING WITH IT!!>>Love to all>>Believe51

Terri B 10-13-2008 09:42 AM

{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}

notamrnpsn 10-13-2008 09:47 AM

Trip

Marie and Ed, you go right ahead and plan your trips. I always have a cruise or some other vacation booked. It gives you something to look forward to while we are fighting the nasty beast. So much fun researching and planning, and of course there is always the countdown. Only 33 days for me. Lookout Glory, here I come. As always , I have you and Ed in my prayers, Jeanette