HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm Getting a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33185)

Sheila 03-20-2008 02:12 PM

I'm Getting a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great Easter gift.....I am getting a break from the Taxol.....only 6 weeks, or 3 doses, but hey I'll take it.....I feel like I got out of jail! Of course I will still be going for my Herceptin, so I can't completely detach myself from the umbilical cord of the chemo lounge, but I am elated to know that DECADRON will not be my companion until May....I seem to be "reasonably stable" (if there is such a thing), and I was told there is a good chance I will lose my hair again when the load me for Taxol in May, but I didn't like the somewhat bird feathers that have been growing in anyway, and this freedom to me is worth the chance of being bald again.
Happy Easter Everyone! FYI, we are slated to get snow tonight, up to a foot!!! Spring is here in Illinois!!!!!!

Jean 03-20-2008 02:27 PM

Sheila,
Your news puts a huge smile on my face. Understand what you mean about those feathers, I had them for a long time, so your right about no big deal loosing them. A nice break for Spring, so enjoy the 6 wks.
without those nasty steriods. I guess the Easter bunny will be carrying a shovel in your neighborhood.

Sending you lots of hugs,
Jean

Becca 03-20-2008 02:36 PM

Sheila, that is great news. It will feel so good for you to have some weeks without side effects bothering you (hopefully). This will give you time to mentally and physically get revved up for when you must start again. Best wishes for some relaxing weeks ahead.
Becca

Mary Anne in TX 03-20-2008 03:03 PM

Oh me, won't your 2008 Easter Egg hunt be fun this year! I can see it now! Energy and eggs everywhere! So pleased for you! May the bunny bless you richly. ma

kareneg 03-20-2008 03:13 PM

What wonderful news, you so deserve this break ENJOY!

tousled1 03-20-2008 03:15 PM

Sheila,

What a great Easter gift! A six week break from Taxol. Enjoy the time away from Taxol. I think we all need a "chemo break" once in a while. Just so our bodies can rejuvinate.

Karen W 03-20-2008 03:28 PM

Oh Sheila, what happy news! You made my day.

Karen

caya 03-20-2008 04:28 PM

I am so happy for you Sheila- enjoy your 6 week break, you deserve it.

all the best
caya

Patty F 03-20-2008 04:30 PM

Sheila
Congrats on the taxol break.
As far as the snow goes look at the positive....it will be easy to find brightly colored Easter Eggs in the snow. I am in Northwest Indiana....not sure how much we are suppose to get.

Joe 03-20-2008 05:09 PM

More Great News !

Christine had her routine brain MRI followup on Monday and today we visited her RadOnc. No new metasthesis and the old ones are rapidly disappearing.

Regards
Joe

Mary Anne in TX 03-20-2008 05:14 PM

What terrific news, Joe! And a great time to share it! ma

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-20-2008 05:19 PM

What A Happy Thread!!!

Sheila, How fabulous! I am elated for you. Enjoy your break. Surely you deserve it. I send you happy energy (as if you need any). But -- it couldn't hurt.

Joe and Christine, More good news. Thanks so much. I really needed that.

Happy Holiday to all who celebrate Easter. Peace... Health... Joy...
Andi

Mary Jo 03-20-2008 05:49 PM

Sending "thank you God" prayers for Sheila and Christine....

A blessed Easter to all....

Mary Jo

chicagoetc 03-20-2008 05:54 PM

Glad to hear about the good news Sheila (Taxol is apparently easy for some, not so easy for others)...

And glad too for Christine's MRI.

Snow here in Chicago too? [A white Easter?]

Melanie

Faith in Him 03-20-2008 06:06 PM

Shelia,

Wonderful news. I am so happy you can enjoy the next six weeks without chemo. What a blessing. Enjoy!

Tonya

Adriana Mangus 03-20-2008 06:38 PM

Great News!

Dear Sheila,

I'm so happy for you. I know what you mean- any little break would do it for me as well. Enjoy your break...Happy Easter to you, also.

Lolly 03-20-2008 06:41 PM

Sheila, GREAT NEWS on your "spring break"! Enjoy every minute :)

<3 Lolly

Adriana Mangus 03-20-2008 06:43 PM

Anyone going to Denver? Please reply ASAP

Dear Friends; I would like to join the hundred of bc survivors in May.

Is anyone is interested in meeting me in Denver, please let me know..We need to act quickly though, the airline industry has announced the increase on airline fares due to the high gasoline prices. Please respond.

Thank you. I need a break from everything and everybody...I'm an experienced traveler and won't be a pain in the neck, promise...:-)

Joan M 03-20-2008 06:52 PM

Sheila and Christine, Wonderful news! Joan

Bill 03-20-2008 07:17 PM

Sheila, what great news! You go whistling in the park after your vitamin H treatments. Joe, thanks for sharing your great news about Christine! "Let us all rejoice, for one more good thing has been added to the long list of good things in this world" Love, Bill

Liz J. 03-20-2008 07:23 PM

Dear Sheila and Christine,

It was wonderful to hear that you each had good news. A Very Happy Easter to both of you and your families.

With Love,

Liz J.

sassy 03-20-2008 08:24 PM

Today has been a tough day for me, really down. But reading this good news for Sheila and Christine has made everything great. Thanks for sharing this good news and making my day much brighter.

hutchibk 03-20-2008 09:47 PM

Happy Hoppy Easter! Enjoy your vacation, Sheila! Yippee Christine! Good on ya girls (as my Kiwi friends always say...)

Sheila 03-21-2008 06:53 AM

Thank you all for your support and love on this journey....it is getting longer and that is a good thing. I truly do not know where I would be without all the support and love I have received right here from all of you.....you make the journey bearable.

Adriana, I think Brenda is going, you may want to contact her. (Hutchibc)....if you meet up with Brenda, you are guaranteed a good time.....she is so energetic and fun!

Joe and Christine, what a wonderful Easter gift to get great news on Christine's brain mets....you are both shining examples.

Colleens_Husband 03-21-2008 07:44 AM

Sheila:

I'm glad to hear you are getting a break. Colleen is in the middle of a seven week break from TAC for her lumpectomy which is scheduled for April 4th.

I was real happy to see Colleen get a bit of relief because the chemo was really beginning to grind her down, but now I'm thinking she has a live tumor in her that is left to its own devices for seven weeks. There is no winning at times. I guess I should count our blessings and be happy a little bit of normalcy came back to our lives.

Lee

basset girl 03-21-2008 07:52 AM

Great news Sheila!! I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend and may God bless you.

Jackie07 03-21-2008 08:10 AM

So nice to hear the good news from both Sheila and Christine. Happy Easter, everyone.

Becky 03-21-2008 08:25 AM

Dear Sheila

I am so happy for you!! Maybe you will also have the time to figure out if you need the full dose of decadron or just alot more benadryl instead. How dreary to have to take the decadron (although I took Taxol and got it too).

What a great thing! I am very glad for this much needed break. Are they doing scans or tests now and then in 6 weeks to see if you even need to go back on? I am waiting for you to really be off the chemo so we can go to Miami together!

Love and a big hug

hermiracles 03-21-2008 08:28 AM

Great news for Sheila and Christine! Hope Colleen gets through OK too.
Easter blessings everyone.
You are each an inspiration to me.
Thank You
Hermiracles

Sheila 03-21-2008 01:15 PM

Becky
If we ever get to Miami, we are going to Miami INK....nothing like a tattoo to say the trip was great! If not, we head to California, stop and see Joe & Christine and got to L.A. INK....bring Jean, she looks like she is daring enough to get a tattoo! Wow, I am definately on a no Taxol, no Decadron High today! My energy level is much better already....oh, that could be the 40 mg of Lasix she ordered for me to take this morning....now I know I'm a runner...I have been running to the bathroom all day!

jones7676 03-21-2008 02:27 PM

Sheila, what wonderful news...a little time to grow some hair. I'm glad you are getting a break! And wonderful news for Christine too. Happy Easter.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 03-21-2008 02:49 PM

Such wonderful news..

for Sheila and Christine....and I am so happy for you both

The Easter Bunny was good to both of you...and I am so sorry Sheila but it's nice and sunny down here in Tampa although we had a "cool front" come through. All of 72 degrees high yesterday.

Did I hear Miami??? let me know if that is an upcoming trip..... I was just down there visiting a cousin last week - end. A very busy, jumping kind of place but nice to visit.

Take care and have a great Easter.

Patb 03-21-2008 04:56 PM

Sorry about the weather but all the other news from Sheila and Christine is great!! Happy Easter to all from sunny Florida.
patb

Joanne S 03-21-2008 08:27 PM

Yeah!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_110.gif Good for you Sheila! You deserve a break! Enjoy!

And Christine, great news - continued wellness - Congrats! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_205.gif

tricia keegan 03-22-2008 03:13 AM

Enjoy the break Sheila and a Happy Easter to you!

dhealey 03-22-2008 05:06 AM

Congrats to Sheila and Christine! Happy Easter to all!

Believe51 03-26-2008 08:31 AM

Sheila

All I can say is Ed and I are rejoicing over this news. Enjoy your spring break. Sending Love and prayers always>>Believe51