HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Should we plan a gathering? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34099)

hutchibk 05-25-2008 07:01 PM

Should we plan a gathering?

Just a thought - wondering if there is a weekend (2 days maybe) in the fall and a reasonably inexpensive destination that we should consider having a Her2Support.org gathering? I would LOVE to meet ya'll in person...

Some of us have already had face to face encounters and I have to say, I love my Her2 family so far.

Any ideas or interest?

Bill 05-25-2008 10:14 PM

Hucklebuck, sounds good to me. I would love to get together with y'all.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 05-26-2008 06:39 AM

What a great idea

Hi Brenda

I too would love to do this - maybe we can all
"meet in the middle" somewhere.....

If I am physically and financially able to at the time, you can count me in.

PinkGirl 05-26-2008 08:51 AM

Bill/Lee could travel with one suitcase, one plane ticket, one reservation .......

Mary Anne in TX 05-26-2008 01:30 PM

I'd be interested too! ma

GemmaG 05-26-2008 06:35 PM

Hi, I know I don't post much. I just love reading everything in here and learning a lot. I would love to meet with you all.
I don't why I'm getting bold letters???
BTW, any of you heard from MichelleH lately? I hope she's well.

After my Tykerb/Xeloda gave up on me last year, I was put on Navelbine/Herceptin in Sept.07 to April 08. Navelbine didn't work well. I've started Gemzar/Herceptin last month. two weeks on one week off. I'm having some awful side effects with Gemzar.
Nausea, vomitting, dizziness like my head was spinning, mouth sores :-(

Becky 05-26-2008 07:08 PM

I would be interested. Not sure on desinations but I do know going to and staying in Las Vegas tends to be cheap (but some may not be interested in going there). But they have spas, shows and dinner.

I will try to think of others - maybe more outdoorsy. I am not a pleasure traveler so I don't have that many ideas.

Bill 05-26-2008 07:19 PM

The Beckster might be onto something here. Maybe could plan ahead and get some type of group rate. It would be nice to get together.

GemmaG 05-26-2008 07:35 PM

Las Vegas sounds fun :-)!

Sheila 05-27-2008 03:45 PM

Vegas sounds great...Bill can you bring the cupcakes and some spare change for all of the women?????

Bill 05-27-2008 04:27 PM

Yes, of course, Sheila! I haven't forgotten I promised you a cupcake or two, and I'll try to bring as much coin as I can, but for some reason, me and the TSA guys never seem to get along, so I might have a hard time explaning why I'm trying to carry 12,000 dollars worth of nickels onto the plane.

Colleens_Husband 05-27-2008 05:09 PM

Bill:

Maybe you'd get along better with the TSA guys if you left your "Kill them all and let God sort them out" t-shirt at home. Or maybe you enjoy the "special" searches. I'm just saying.......

I would like to meet you all but it looks like Colleen will be in for another round of chemo during the summer. Being able to make a plan is a luxury right now.

Lee

Bill 05-27-2008 05:18 PM

Lee, you're too funny. Seriously, though, I know exactly what you mean. You really can't make any real plans beyond today. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

StephN 05-27-2008 09:38 PM

How about Reno-Tahoe??

Not as bloody hot as Vegas and a heck of a lot more scenic.

If you want to come to north Seattle, I have room for about 8 tents in my back yard and 3 full bathrooms. Then there is the VW Westphalia that can sleep 3, plus extra rooms in the house.

Seriously, there is a nice Harrah's in Reno.

hutchibk 05-28-2008 06:33 AM

I like it - a tent city in Steph's backyard. Who needs Vegas when we can play poker around the campfire. Can we build a campfire in your backyard? LOL

I say we all descend on Bill's house. Otherwise, Reno might be a fun idea... and Lee, all the best with Colleen's treatments. Maybe after her summer rounds, you guys might feel like a weekend in Reno in the fall. I can't even consider anything until October at the earliest...

Vegas and Reno are sounding like options.

hutchibk 05-28-2008 06:35 AM

I just noticed Gemma's earlier post... and want to let her know that sadly, we lost sweet Michelle H last month. As well as our dear Kate, at the same time. True warriors until the end! Bless them.

Sheila 05-28-2008 12:40 PM

Brenda
I private messaged her yesterday to let her know about Michelle..she knew about Kate but not MichelleH..I was clearing off messages on my answering machine, and there was a message from Kate...I couldn't erase it...I can hear her laugh anytime I want. I miss her so!

Believe51 05-28-2008 01:03 PM

Sheila....

Yes Sheila, I too have messages from both these warriors and I cannot erase them either. Whenever I listen to my messages, Michelle is first and I find great comfort listening to her voice.

StephN 06-05-2008 10:18 AM

On another thread SHEILA just suggested HAWAII for a get-together. But not in the rainy season, OK? I have been just about drowned here for the past few days, glub, glub ....

Not as cheap as Reno, unless Harrie has camping facilities.

Sheila 06-05-2008 01:42 PM

Steph...if Reno only had beaches....actually, eno is like a second home to me...used to visit 2x a year to see my favorite uncle....my mercedes convertible he left me came from Reno....and then there is the amazing air show that I have visited many many times...the blinzes at Heidi's Restaurant any morning, golfing at Lake Ridge...Truckee, oh the list goes on and on....

StephN 06-07-2008 02:04 PM

So, Sheila -
As the resident expert on the Reno area, can you get this gathering off the ground??

Maybe we need a POLL to see where people think they can get to and when.

We need to factor in the rising airfares/gas so beaches may not be the answer for everyone.

Colleens_Husband 06-07-2008 02:54 PM

Doesn't Reno have Jethro Bodine's shotgun wedding chapel? If it does, that has got to be on everyones must see list. We might have to keep Bill and his kavorka away from there or he'll find himself good 'n' hitched.

Save a spot near the cement pond for me.

Lee

ElaineM 06-07-2008 04:08 PM

plan a gathering

Hi,
I was thinking Hawaii too. Harrie is on the Big Island and I am on Oahu. The rainy season is in winter, but it is not as bad as snow in winter. Hawaiian Airlines has the best on time record in the USA and now we have the Superferry between Oahu and Maui for those who like to travel by sea.

ElaineM 06-07-2008 06:18 PM

Should we plan a gathering?

Hi,
If one BIG gathering won't work for everyone, how about regional gatherings since we have members from all over North America and other parts of the world?