HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Joy Column (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29652)

juanita 09-30-2007 08:02 PM

I've had several this weekend, starting with Friday night. Our local high school football team got to play in the Peyback Classic hosted by Peyton Manning of the Colts down at the RCA Dome. We beat Tipton by 2 points. And then on Saturday my 22 yr. old son moved out, sad but happy time. And today the Colts won again and my 18 yr old son and his girlfriend moved into the bigger room my older son just vacated. Long story on her living here.

chrisy 10-06-2007 01:58 PM

Oh, no ya don't!

Bumping this up...We've had so many "good reports" lately...lots of joy.

My joy today is that I DIDN'T cut the end of my finger off when my knife slipped while cutting potatoes. Good thing I have fingernails!

Also, we're going out to a ridiculously expensive restaurant tonight with friends - I hope the meal will live up to expectations and reputation, but at least I know our friends will! This restaurant is so "out there" that the corkage fee is about double what I usually pay for a bottle of wine!

TBFBD
(this better f---ing be delicious!)

Mary Jo 10-06-2007 02:19 PM

Thanks for bumping this up Chrisy. You are right - there has been many good reports as of late. Me being one of them who had a good report. However, that being said, I will say that I find joy "almost" daily in just living life. Life is precious and boy don't we all know how short it is. The extra specials blessings along the way make it even more joyful but I try to find joy in each and every breath.

Thanks for bumping it up Chrisy. YOU dear one, are also a joy!!!!

Mary Jo

chrisy 10-06-2007 02:45 PM

But good friends are a REAL joy...

And being able to call them and say "you DO realize this will be the most expensive meal of your life..."and find out they had NO IDEA...in time to cancel the reservation, and make another one at Ristorante Plan B which is withing stumbling distance to a reliable british pub...

Getting an entire meal for less than a corkage fee....

priceless!

lilyecuadorian 10-06-2007 07:21 PM

My joy today went to church (for the Holly Mass) and pray pray and I did write on a book where say "for petition to our Lord and of course my family and my dear her2support for good health and now I feel much better more light my body so lets make this happen !!good health for all of us priceless lol

lilyecuadorian 10-14-2007 04:45 PM

today my joy was that we went to Renaissance Festival (14th annual north carolina) and artisan marketplace it was a lot of fun and a lot of dust but it was very entertaning

fauxgypsy 10-17-2007 06:40 PM

Rain. And more rain. It has been so dry here all year and now in the last three days we have gotten about two inches by my rain gauge. My little baby garden is slurping it up. It sounds so good to hear rain on the roof as I sit at the computer in my studio.

Leslie

Mary Anne in TX 10-18-2007 08:30 AM

I'm so grateful today for having a granddaughter who so often explodes with excitement for all the little things in life! She's such a great reminder of how important it is for me to remember to find joy in the small wonders of the day! I'm truly blessed to have her.

KRISS 10-21-2007 02:30 PM

Well, there is nothing more joyful than a puppy, Puppy kisses, puppy play, watching Gwendolyn run around the house and yard. Now you have to imagine her legs are only about an inch long. She is so darn cute. With my bad mammo last Tuesday and the upcoming surgery she has kept my mind off of it and my heart full of love! She is the best medicine!

dhealey 10-22-2007 02:05 AM

Joy yesterday was walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer even though I was unable to do the 26 mile walk on Saturday due to having a MRI of the brain (still waiting for results) I did the 13 mile walk. There were over 1800 walkers and the money raised was over 2.1 million dollars. It was awesome and made me forget about the possible mets I might have in my brain. Husband was so sweet, he was at every cheering station and was there at the finish line cheering me on!

Kathy S in Tokyo 10-24-2007 08:44 PM

This week's joy; my daughter brought a beautiful stray kitten home and we're going to keep it. It's a "she" and she has grey and darker grey stripes, white socks and a a white bib. She still has blue eyes but that may change as she's still only a bitty little thing (just a pound!). She has plumped out a bit in the week that she's been with us due to the regular supply of food and kitten milk. I took her to the vet for a check up and she got a clean bill of health and much admiration.

BonnieR 10-24-2007 08:49 PM

What is the kitten's name????

Kathy S in Tokyo 10-25-2007 12:45 AM

My 10 year old daughter was so excited about the arrival of a pet and so anxious to have a turn holding one that she kept shouting "Where's the dog? Gimme the dog!" so we decided to call our pretty little kitty the Japanese equivalant of Spot, the puppy from a popular children's picture book. Her name is "Koro." Koro is easier for my kids to say than Spot as they speak in Japanese more than 90% of the time these days. Koro already has us all under control and is happy to play or sleep with any of us.

jones7676 10-25-2007 11:13 AM

My joy was that I was well enough to go to Chicago and spend four days with my daughter and her hubby- including a tour of the condo they just acquired. I did not want to leave her and come back home. I am lonesome for her already. The weather was a lot warmer there than it is here in Upper Michigan too!

madubois63 10-26-2007 05:02 AM

Today is a special JOY for me!! My son is 18. Simple as that...He was 11 when I was first diagnosed; and like everyone else that gets cancer, I thought I wouldn't make it to now. Last year, I was in the transplant ward 8 hours away and very sad that I was missing his birthday. Today, I am baking his favorite cake, cooking his favorite meal and VERY happy to be here to be at his beck and call!!! :)

Love to you all...Maryann

Mary Jo 10-26-2007 05:11 AM

And I received much JOY after reading your post Maryann. Praise God. A true blessing and joy, no doubt.

Thanks for giving me JOY from reading this JOYFUL post. I thank God with you.

Mary Jo

harrie 10-26-2007 11:23 AM

Well happy, happy, for joy, for joy, BIRTHDAY Maryann!!! I send you lots of birthday wishes!!!
Aloha,
Maryanne

hutchibk 10-27-2007 12:46 AM

Tonight I went to the 'First Birthday' for a very dear friend who had a successful heart transplant exactly one year ago! She is doing wonderfully. Talk about joy. Wow, it doesn't get any better than that!

chrisy 10-29-2007 04:00 PM

Today it is raining in Santa Cruz - I mean with thunder and lightening and everything! It's so exciting, and it smells so good. Being from the midwest originally, I miss "real" weather!

Mary Jo 10-30-2007 05:41 PM

Breast Cancer M&M's

Today's joy.................a healthy handful of pink breast cancer M&M's. I'm figuring, hey.........they are breast cancer M&M's..................health food and no calories. Right?

Can't blame a girl for trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed every last one.

Mary Jo