HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Devastated - told weeks!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38224)

WomanofSteel 03-05-2009 06:32 AM

I also add my prayers that this may be a miracle for Caryn and turn things around for her. Hang in there we are all with you.

ElaineM 03-05-2009 03:09 PM

Devastated - told weeks !!!

I'm so happy the oncologist is going to prescribe chemo.
I know you are probably overwhelmed with advice from us, but I would like to add something about the bone marrow if I may.
I never had a problem with my bone marrow, red blood counts and white blood counts during my treatment. I took supplements and ate alot of things that are good for the bone marrow and blood counts. Other patients have also shared information with me about bone marrow soup.I will pass some of it along to you. I am not sure Caryn can tolerate it all or if you have time to prepare it but here goes-----
Bone Marrow: Bone marrow soup. Cook marrow from meat, add healthy herbs (some of them have been described and shared by others) garlic, onions and make a soup.
White blood count: fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, echinecea and astragalus
Red blood count: liquid iron, beans, spinach, real blackstrap molasses, B 12, chlorophyll tablets
I guess there are always shots from the oncologist if these things don't help. Miracles also happen.
Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lien 03-05-2009 03:23 PM

Dear Eric and Caryn,
Wonderful news! I'm so glad your onc is working with you. May the combo giver her relief and buy her time! Lots of time!

Love
jacqueline

eric 03-05-2009 07:48 PM

Elaine - I'm far from overwhelmed with advice from everyone. I cherish the advice and decide what to present to the dr. An example is the milk thistle that has been recommended by so many here. Her doc said yes and I bought it for her today. Everyone's advice, concern and prayers have made a HUGE difference for me these past few days. I can't thank everyone enough.

Mary Jo 03-06-2009 01:23 PM

Hi Eric,

I pray today is a good day for you, Caryn and your family. Know you are surrounded by prayers.

Love and peace,

Mary Jo

chrisy 03-06-2009 04:09 PM

Eric, you and Caryn are so special. I'm still holding you and your family in my prayers.
Much love
chris

Patb 03-07-2009 03:19 PM

You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.
God bless and take care.
patb

sally 03-07-2009 05:43 PM

Eric, Wishing you great results with the Herceptin/Gemzar/Carboplatin. This combo packs alot of punch. There is always hope. Your strength and determination will get you through. Good luck and stay strong. Sally

hermiracles 03-09-2009 05:24 AM

Dear Eric, Caryn and family ~ you are all in my prayers. BIGGEST prayers and much love to all of you. I believe in the power of prayer and may all power be with you.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Believe51 03-09-2009 09:10 AM

Thinking of your fine family and adding another post to let you know we walk besides you. Caryn is an amazing woman, but that is plain to see by who she chose as her mate. Best of luck Sweet Caryn, we are routing for you. And the power of prayers, well, we all know what magic they hold!! Candles burned bright all weekend, in fact, I never left the house....did not want to blow them out. Continuous prayers since finding out, but especially during the weekends. Love to the family.>>Believe51

SusanV 03-09-2009 09:24 AM

Eric,

I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and your children. I will pray for all of you each night.

janieR 03-09-2009 12:53 PM

Dear Eric,
I just wanted to say that Caryn, you and your lovely family are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. The love shines out from you all.

Janie

ElaineM 03-09-2009 03:33 PM

Devastated - told weeks !!!

I am wondering how you and your family are doing today. I hope everything is going well.

eric 03-09-2009 06:38 PM

Caryn's been doing ok. She's been tired and spends most of the day resting, has limited queaziness and some pain that the pain meds are managing. I'm hoping that this is mostly all related to the treatment and that she'll feel a bit better tomorrow. The Dr said that the treatment effects the bone marrow 5-10 days after so tomorrow thru Sunday are critical days. He said that if she's having marrow problems then she will develop pain similar to what you might feel from Neupogen (but I guess worse).
My kids have been amazing but it's definitely been hard for all of us. I can't tell you how comforting it's been to check in to this site and read the extraordinary love and care that you have all provided. If prayers work, I have to think that Caryn has a shot with all of you behind us. I know I say it a lot but, THANK YOU! You are all amazing and have made such an impression on me that I can't even express.

Jean 03-09-2009 07:03 PM

Dear Eric,
Please know that along with medicine, lots of love and fatih, "Miracles" do happen....and you have all of these
combos working for you...I am keeping you, Caryn and he children in my prayers for continued strength during these next few days.

Caryn and You have been so Strong...
Sending you blessings and healing energy for Caryn,
Kindest Regards,
Jean

JustwannaBE 03-09-2009 07:14 PM

I am praying for Caryn, you and the kids. God bless this mess. All of you are so strong !

CindyE 03-09-2009 08:34 PM

Eric,
Take strength in knowing that I and many others here continue to pray for Caryn. May God bless and comfort you all during this time. I am trusting that God will touch Caryn and begin a healing in her.

Bill 03-10-2009 08:35 PM

Hi Eric! Just wanted to stop in and say hi, and let you and Caryn know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers. You guys hang in there.

GemmaG 03-11-2009 05:14 AM

Dear Eric,
Pls know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers. My love to you, to your wife and kids.
Keep the Faith!

Love,
Gemma

Mary Anne in TX 03-11-2009 07:24 AM

Love and prayers throughout the day and especially tonight with the Power Team, for one incredible family! ma