HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Treatment after Kadcyla? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67163)

Juls 02-06-2019 01:01 PM

Re: Treatment after Kadcyla?

Hi Cathya,

Forgot to say I have had Letrozole.

Juls

Juls 02-06-2019 01:04 PM

Hi,

Another change - blood test good. So I have to decide tomorrow and start a Chemo next Thurs 14th!

Geez!

Juls

nancy dip 02-06-2019 01:16 PM

Hi Juls. I won't pretend it was easy.....hair loss, fatigue but took anti nausea meds so that wasn't a problem. Fatigue was worse first week and I was almost back to normal by time for next dose. I'm not sure, but don't think we've as much choice of treatment as people in USA and you have to do something! I was treated at Gartnaval. Hope you get good answers soon. Nancy

Juls 02-06-2019 04:03 PM

Hi Nancy,

Have to agree - very little choice here!
Told I'm in the best place (Beatson)
Hopefully some answers tomorrow.

Regards
Juls

Donna H 02-07-2019 10:37 AM

Sending good thoughts and positive energy your way.....

Juls 02-08-2019 10:01 AM

Thanks Donna,

Much appreciated!

Juls

Juls 02-08-2019 10:10 AM

Hi All,

Choices are :-

1. Epirubicin

2. Eribulin

2. No Chemo.

Looks like its Eribulin as I can have Herceptin with it (If NICE Scottish Health Board allow it!) Oncologist would like decision by Monday to start Thursday.

First time I have been undecided.

Juls

donocco 02-08-2019 11:03 AM

Jules

I hope other people put in their input but if you can get Herceptin with the Eribulin it would seem the way to go. Im sorry you are having problems with the medical board.

I tell what I know about Eribulin from memory. It inhibits microtubules like Vincristine and Taxol drugs do. I think the brand name is Halavan. I think it is given twice a week during the cycle. I forgot the dose, 1.4mg /m2 comes to mind. Not sure

The big side effects are neutropenia, hair loss and peripheral neuropathy. And the usual fatigue. constipation and diarrhea etc.

I imagine they dont want to combine Adriamycin with Herceptin because both drugs can affect the heart. Hope this helps a bit

Paul

Juls 02-25-2019 10:52 AM

Hi all,

Not been on site for a while. Had 2nd Eribulin on 21st - so far feel ok. A bit of sort throat but time will time!
Still waiting on all information I asked for at last oncologist visit.

Now quite disabled as leg swollen and restricting movement - something I was not told when I had radiotherapy.
Not sure if it will go back to normal now. I now have Nurses, Occupational Therapists, District Nurses, Physio's visiting. The busiest house in the area!!

Juls

Juls 02-25-2019 10:57 AM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. It always helps!

So far they are giving me 2 weeks on with one off. I'm told that after this 2nd treatment blood levels particularly platelets will fall probably just before the next cycle. So far feel ok but time will tell!

Thanks
Juls

nancy dip 02-25-2019 02:12 PM

Hi Juls. Nothing helpful to add but sending you my warmest wishes. Nancy

SoCalGal 03-06-2019 12:22 PM

Hello Juls--Am thinking of you. [[[hugs]]]

Becky 03-07-2019 07:07 AM

I am thinking about you too

Laurel 03-07-2019 05:47 PM

Sending you prayers for great results from the Halaven! Please keep us posted.

Carol Ann 03-08-2019 08:55 AM

Me too!

Carol Ann

Juls 04-17-2019 04:34 AM

Hello everyone, this is Julie's son, Iain.

My beautiful Mum sadly passed away on Saturday 13th April.

I apologise if this is not the done thing to post the news here, but I know this forum has been a great source of hope, support and inspiration to my Mum over the last 5 years, and felt the least I could do was notify anyone who may know her.

On her behalf, I'd like to thank all of you for your kindness and support.

Lucy 04-17-2019 05:29 AM

Oh Iain, I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother was a source of support on this board and she will be missed.

Donna H 04-17-2019 07:05 AM

Iain-
So very sorry for your loss. Your Mom was so brave and such a great help to all of us who read her posts. She was so positive and encouraging. She will be missed. Thank you for letting us know.

Dang, I so very hate cancer.

Carol Ann 04-17-2019 07:18 AM

Oh Iaian, I am so sorry. Your mum was a wonderful woman who never gave up. Thank you so much for posting and letting us know. I will miss her.

Carol Ann

SoCalGal 04-17-2019 07:29 AM

Heartbreaking news. I am so sorry for your loss, Iain. Your mom will be sorely missed, she was a sweetheart, kind and supportive to all. Thanks for letting us know. May her memory be a blessing to you and a source of comfort. <3