HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   linda update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23569)

Ginagce 05-07-2006 12:16 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't know you beyond reading your postings and being in awe of both you and Linda and your passionate fight. I do however know some of the journey you and she have been on.

I too had the privelege of bringing my husband home with hospice when he was dying of cancer. And I agree, it is a gift.

To this day, the most important thing I have ever done in my life was to be my husband's caregiver. I take great comfort in knowing that he knew how supported and cared for he was and that he was able to die in his own bed, surrounded by those who loved him most.

I hope you too find some comfort in this.

And thank you for sharing the picture of your wife. Quite a beautiful woman.

God bless you and keep you through your journey of grief now.

Ginagce

Stephanie 05-10-2006 08:54 AM

Al,

Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry.

Stephanie

mts 05-10-2006 12:17 PM

Al,

Please know I am thinking of you and your family. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to "know" you and Linda through this wonderful website. I like to think that when we die we become the energy of things that surround us...the wind, the warmth of the sun and even the quiet silence of night.

God bless,

Maria

al from Canada 05-17-2006 04:42 PM

Dear chemo angels and friends,

I can't believe the responses and support for my family and myself since Linda's passing. I just want to pass on what we are doing to support BC survivors and their families.

We are donating 6+ portable DVD players plus a library of 60+ (feel good) DVD's to the long-term care oncology wing of out local hospital for patients, caregivers and friends to sign-out.

As well, I am mobilizing some of my clients to contribute to building a "resource centre" at out local hospital for cancer patients and their families. Believe it or not, our local hospital doesn't have one. It is my hope that it will be called the "Linda S. Cancer Resourse centre".

Beating cancer is all about information and I hope that this will be Linda's contribution to the irradication of this evil disease.

Thanks again,
Al

kat in the delta 05-18-2006 08:12 AM

kat in the delta

Al,
The info. center @ hospital sounds wonderful!!!! You are such a good + thoughtful person. God bless you always,kat

Valerie 05-27-2006 07:38 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Your posts have really helped me, and I know the donation to the hospital will help many other people also.
In my prayers, Valerie

rinaina 05-27-2006 07:23 PM

condolences

Please accept a relatively newbie's heartfelt condolences. What a special family I am glad to have become a little familiar with through postings. May you find comfort in some way through your supportive famiy and friends and know what a difference you and Linda made on this forum.
Rina

BubblesMom 05-28-2006 06:34 AM

Dear Al,

You replied to one of my very first postings on this board. I remember thinking how kind and considerate you were. All from a few sentences! What a blessing you and Linda were to each other.

Being able to say good-bye to our loved one in the warmth and security of home provides priceless memories for all of the family, forever. When my mother was in the last stages of her fight, my father took care of her at home. She continued to give us directions and guidance as to how the program for her going home celebration should be laid out, what personal affects should be given to whom, etc. Being surrounded by family and the security of her own home bolstered her spirits. To this day, I can smile through my tears at those memories. How thankful I am to have been there with her and share some last laughs and expressions of mutual love and affection.

Al, I take my hat off to men like you and my father who love, honor and cherish in ways that overwhem the heart.

May God heal your heart and continue to provide you with the awesome strength you have continuously displayed.

Sincerely, Denise