HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Campfire (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37483)

hutchibk 01-23-2009 08:08 PM

tinkle tinkle tinkle...

hutchibk 01-23-2009 08:08 PM

You better not be looking, Bill - and Lee...

ElaineM 01-24-2009 08:43 PM

The Campfire

All that liquid from that delicious hot chocolate and soothing hot tea !! So great !!
If we plan a real camp out let's go some place where they have "comfort stations" or rustic cabins with indoor plumbing, so we won't have to build our own facilities, find a tree in need of liquid nourishment or have to hike along a river every time nature calls. Smile.

harrie 01-25-2009 01:11 AM

Hi ya all!!~
Just found out about this firepit going!! Awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE fire pits! Move over guys...I want to snuggle in here!!
Music....will bring out the guitar. Music is good for the soul...
HarrieCanarie...

ElaineM 01-25-2009 04:38 PM

The Campfire

Always room for more people. Please join us !! You are so right. Music is good for the soul. We have had some music from time to time. Be sure to try some of Bill's hot chocolate.

hutchibk 01-25-2009 07:30 PM

Especially when he adds the Kahlua to it!

harrie 01-25-2009 11:44 PM

Oh yes....kalua and hot choc....good company...nice fire....what could be better!!

Jackie07 01-26-2009 12:39 AM

Watch out! It's Chinese New Year - Year of the Ox - supposed to be a prosperous year!) I am going to throw some firecrackers into the campfire... Can you hear the 'cracking' sound? Gotta celebrate it with all my kinfolks that constitute 1/5 of the world population :)

And yes, you are supposed to toast (even if it's just a 'sip') everyone on the New Year's Eve dinner table. The only way to get away from the drinking duty is to pour it to the ground and say that you are toasting to the ancestors or the Earth God.

harrie 01-26-2009 04:29 PM

Jackie.....KUNG HEI FAT CHOI!!
(Hope this is close to being correct...)
Maryanne

harrie 01-26-2009 04:33 PM

BTW, I love my marshmallows crispy golden on the outside, charred is just fine too.Then I eat the crust and then re-roast the same marshmallow. Sometimes I even get to re-roast it one more time.
I have white marshmallows, strawberry, and chocolate in my kitchen cabinet. The white is still my favorite though.

Sometimes I stick a piece in chocolate inside the marshmallow and then roast it.

HarrieCanarie

freyja 01-26-2009 07:56 PM

Wow!

Wow, Harrie, you are a marshmellow professional! I'm sitting by you at s'more time. The chocolate in the marshmellow...that's pure genious.

Happy Ox Day.

If anyone's around at 7:30 am PST Wed. I'll be in surgery so send the warmth of the fire my way.

Love, Celeste

vickie h 01-26-2009 08:08 PM

Celeste, 7:30 Wed. morn on my calendar for you. Though I think I'll start praying now with the others at the campfire to get a head start. When you awake from the anesthesia, we'll be there with Harrie's thrice roasted, chocolate filled marshmallows. The picture made me chuckle, here...let me wipe that leftover marshmallow off your cheek.
Throwing another log on and picking up my mandolin. Get ready....Will the circle be unbroken...bye and bye Lord...bye and bye...
Much love, Vickie

ElaineM 01-26-2009 08:34 PM

The Campfire

Hey the chocolate inside the marshmallow is a great idea !!
Celeste,
7:30am PST is really 5:30am Hawaii time. I don't know about harrie, but I am still in dreamland at that time, but I will be sure to keep you in my thoughts after your surgery, so that your recovery will go well or before I go to bed on Tuesday, so that the surgery itself will go well.

harrie 01-26-2009 11:12 PM

Celeste, we will all be mesmerized by the fire and keeping you right there with us the entire time of your surgery. Our group love and thoughts will keep you safe and sound.

Firepit partying is one of my family's favorite things to do. All ages enjoy the fires. We have a pretty big yard so bon fires are easy. My husband constructed this firepit lined with bricks. Sometimes guitars and ukuleles are brought out for some good-time music by the fire.

HarrieCanarie

schoolteacher 01-27-2009 05:43 AM

Celeste,

I live in Georgia, so I will put some wood on the fire three hours early for you. I will begin praying for you early.

Amelia

ElaineM 01-27-2009 09:03 PM

The Campfire

Just dropping by to warm up and enjoy some fellowship on a cool evening.

Freya's Loving Family 01-28-2009 12:13 PM

Thanks for the Warmth

Freya is in her surgery at the moment and we all anticipate a quick and strong recovery towards NED. I just wanted to stop by and throw on some fresh cedar sprigs a bit of redwood and a touch of sage.
Thank you all for your support for her. She has gained a lot of strength from this site and your company. This camp fire gives her more than virtual warmth. It is a great thing you do here and I am touched by all of your dedication to each other and your personal struggles. I wish you all the best!

Freyja's Loving Family 01-28-2009 12:15 PM

Hehe

And by freya I mean Freyja and I mean Celeste oops :)

Shobha 01-28-2009 01:01 PM

Dear Celeste,

You have been on thoughts all morning. My prayers and good wishes for speedy recovery and NED status!

love,
shobha

ElaineM 01-28-2009 02:33 PM

The Campfire

Freya's Loving Family,
Thanks for stopping by to update us. Be sure to tell her to come and join us after she feels better.