HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   All those dancing with NED (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34518)

MCS 09-17-2008 04:21 PM

two years here. I miss every sister we have lost as a friend.

i am so glad there are so many familiar faces on this thread with such smiles.

my love to all of you

maria

Joannie 09-17-2008 05:54 PM

What a great idea to start this thread. I am officially 5 years on August 27, 2008 NED. Each day is a gift and one of the greatest gifts I have been fortunate enough to experience are the folks on this website that provide endless amounts of support, information, and prayers. I feel a truly remarkable connection to all those that post here.
Thanks for all that you all do!!!

BethC 09-17-2008 06:41 PM

I am approaching my one year anniversary of diagnosis - wow, so much has happened this year and I am so grateful and so proud of myself for all I have endured! My daughter's 10th birthday is today and I am so grateful to be here to celebrate it! My last Herceptin treatment is next week. Won't miss the chemo place one bit but will miss the security blanket of having an ongoing treatment.

I am hopeful and always am happy to see others NED.

Love,
Beth

Soccermom2006 09-18-2008 12:17 PM

Marily, may I share this poem on other sites?
Thank you!Marcia

Lori R 09-18-2008 06:49 PM

I am hoping this quick note of yet another 6 months of NED provides some hope and inspiration. I certainly read (and reread) these notes and am always filled with hope for the future.

I JUST received the all clear from the results of my first PET scan after 6 months out of Chemo. So far so good.....

I too am thrilled to have the opportunity to participate in life. I am headed out to buy that ski pass (I live in Colorado) for the upcoming season!!!

Lien 09-19-2008 12:35 PM

Hi all,

Had my annual mammo today, followed by a check-up by my BC surgeon: All is well. I'm still dancing with NED and I'm growing more and more attached to him. It will be 5 years next January.

Love

Lien

jones7676 09-19-2008 12:40 PM

While I cannot brag about me, I have a friend who be 4 years out next month NED - she was stage 4 at diagnosis including her liver and several mets and she is doing well.

Lien 09-19-2008 01:10 PM

Dear Barb,

But you can brag about you! You are still here, 5 years after your initial diagnosis. You are hugging a gorgeous puppy in your picture and you are connecting with us over the internet! You are part of our lives and our thoughts. You give hope to others who were just diagnosed. You are fighting the beast. You are one of us.

Hugs

Lien

mcgle 09-19-2008 11:41 PM

Delighted to read your news, Lien.

Mcgle (UK)

Jinete789 09-24-2008 08:37 AM

Please keep posting your NED dances

Hi,

I was dx July this year and pretty scared right now. Having only just been informed of my HER2 +++ status, spent the last few days feeling like have been handed a death sentence, crying, awake all night.

Having read these inspiring posts I fell fully asleep for the the first time since chemo last Thursday, at least believing I have some chance, and that those who have recurrence/mets keep on fighting.

Thanks to all of you for posting your stories. I know it is easy to post when things are down, for support - but the good news is so valuable for us just beginning to get to grips with all of this.

Jin

Mary Jo 09-24-2008 09:13 AM

Hello Jin.....

...and that is why her2support.org is such a valuable "tool" for each of us. Yes, it is a place to post when we are scared, have questions, lift a fellow sister or brother up but it is also a place to come when we need hope because there is plenty of that here as well.

Sending you my prayers for continued peaceful nights sleep "sister!"

Mary Jo

newgg 09-24-2008 11:19 AM

Sleep Well

Dear Jin,
Yes, thanks to Donna for starting this very comforting thread. Do not post often but yes, this is the place where I find strength and knowledge and support. This line up of folks doing the battle and sharing their all and loving all of the fighters......WOW !! May not post but have to come her frequently for info and feel the LOVE and SUPPORT of these sisters and brothers.
Together......we are a powerful force !!
Hugs, Bonnie