HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Totally random thoughts and comments (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40336)

freyja 08-07-2009 08:26 PM

Re: Totally random thoughts and comments

I would think that if you can eat a fruit or vegie than you can eat its leaves, too. I don't know if that's a trustworthy rule or not. Anyone know of a plant that has edible fruit and poisonous leaves? I do know that squash

freyja 08-07-2009 08:28 PM

oops, didn't mean to press "post". I know squash blossoms are really yummy and nutricious...that's why the deer love to eat them!

Believe51 08-07-2009 10:51 PM

Then I must be a deer (smiling). I think they are yummy.>>Believe51

vickie h 08-09-2009 04:48 PM

Hey Bill,
We tried some squash leaves last night (yellow squash) lightly steamed with lemon and a dash of sea salt. My husband threw some bragg's amino acids on them and they were yummy!
And yes, I've always thought of Marie as a beautiful and graceful deer with a great sense of humor (and a diet of squash leaves.

Bill 08-10-2009 02:59 PM

Hey Vickie! I tried some last night, too. They were good. I skipped parts 1,2,3, and 4 of the tests you should make to determine if a wild plant is edible. I just ripped off a leaf and ate it. Then I simmered some in a skillet with some olive oil, garlic, fresh-ground pepper, and some slivered onions. I also added some swiss chard, mustard greens and spinach (all from the garden) It was really good! Thanks to everyone for the advice on the squash leaves!

vickie h 08-11-2009 10:14 AM

Oh, you daring soul, you! Sounds like our Bill is becoming epicurian, at least in the family of leaves (and ribs).

Colleens_Husband 08-11-2009 12:16 PM

Our neighborhood in Oregon City was the main feature of the Culture Warriors segment of the O'Reilly Factor last night. We have a crazy neighbor who was identified as 'Rae' on the segment who lives across the street and two doors down. And when I say crazy, I mean that she has a debilitating Axis II personality disorder as defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Reference Manual, third edition, revised.

Anyways, she refuses to wear clothes anymore because she feels plastics and artificial fibers are oozing into her skin, getting into her blood, where it accumulates in her brain and tells her what to do. I know what you are thinking, who doesn't feel that way on a rare occasion?

So anyways, the point of the segment was that the Oregon Constitution doesn't allow laws to prevent anyone from being naked anywhere, at any time. It sucks to be us.

So if any of you have any ideas how to get 'Rae' to put on her clothes, the residents of Bellevue Avenue would certainly appreciate your ideas.

P.S.

This is actually true. Every single word of it. ...... unlike almost all of my other posts.

P.P.S.

Except for my grandmother using us to smuggle flour across the border. Thats true too.

Terri B 08-14-2009 01:09 PM

tgif!~>@!!

vickie h 08-14-2009 07:29 PM

Teri, That IS the cutest Yankee fan I've ever seen (I'm a huge Yankee fan myself)! What a living doll....could eat her up with a silver spoon. So yummy!

Vickie

Colleens_Husband 08-15-2009 11:53 AM

Freyja asked:

I would think that if you can eat a fruit or vegie than you can eat its leaves, too. I don't know if that's a trustworthy rule or not. Anyone know of a plant that has edible fruit and poisonous leaves?

Tomatoes and potatoes are both nightshades. The leaves are very poisonous. Cashews are perfectly edible but almost every part of a cashew tree has blistering agents. Apples are great but their seeds contain high concentrations of of Potassium cyanide, cupcakes are delicious but Bill will shoot you if you try to eat his cupcake tree. There is no reason to assume a leaf is edible if the fruit is.

Terri B 08-17-2009 07:45 AM

Bill.... Bill.... did you hear what Lee said?? BILL!! SPEAK TO US!!!

Vicky, her is a he. His name is Damon (after Johnny Damon of course) ;)

vickie h 08-17-2009 07:47 PM

Ahhhh, A he....even better! And named after Johnny Damon, well, what more can be said! If I had a son, he's have to be named after Derek Jeter or Johnny Damon. Love those Yankees! And I would love to hold that sweet little Yankee fan and whisper....world series....world series, here we come.

harrie 08-18-2009 12:36 AM

Coconut water with its electolytes is nature's Gatorade according to:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Diet/story?id=8332495

Terri B 08-18-2009 06:49 AM

Vicki, I'm diggin it!

Colleens_Husband 08-18-2009 07:43 AM

Bill:

If you are still alive...........

The most common side effect of eating things that aren't really edible is that you will be sandblasting the porcelain.

And Bill, if your not still alive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nevermind.

Evil Lee

harrie 08-19-2009 12:33 AM

Hey....whats going on??? All this talk about leaf eating or experimentation or whatever.

I HOPE YOU DIDN'T KILL BILL!!!

vickie h 08-19-2009 10:17 PM

I think I just saw Bill in the hammock by the campfire, Harrie. He was sporting a new leaf, eating some ribs and very much alive.....I think that was Bill.....

harrie 08-20-2009 12:36 AM

Was he like...."wearing" the new leaf????

vickie h 08-20-2009 07:19 AM

It was a Big leaf....I'll leave it at that. Let's just say he was covered in green (Hope he doesn't decide to stew this leaf).....and then maybe that was Bill, could've been some wood nymph from a distance....

Terri B 08-20-2009 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vicki.... I will be glued to the set this weekend for another great series in Boston! Check out my ears!!