HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers needed for Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56145)

Bill 10-06-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Prayers needed for Sheila

Hi Jen, please tell your Mom she's been in my thoughts and prayers. You too. Please try to take care of yourself, too, when you can. You need your strength so that you can be there for your Mom. Give her a hug for me, ok?

KsGal 10-06-2012 03:42 PM

More prayers and positive energy and hugs and love for Sheila. Im glad to hear she has been able to return home. Lets keep this prayer chain going and going...Being in the hospital is exhausting. Now that she is home, I hope she is able to be comfortable, rest and get some strength back.

Mary Anne in TX 10-06-2012 04:41 PM

Praying for and loving you both.

Jen 10-06-2012 04:56 PM

Talked to Mom tonight she sounded a little better she is resting at home. Nancy I received your card in the mail today. God bless you too and you're welcome I will get the card to her as soon as I can.

karen z 10-06-2012 08:21 PM

Jen,
Is there an address (yours/your mom's) that we can send cards to?
If so, please post and we will flood the mail.
K

NEDenise 10-07-2012 05:30 AM

Jen,
Sending love and prayers for you and your Mom. Sheila has a special place in my heart...she's a fighter, and I'm sure she'll do everything she can to stay strong, and heal. I hope all of our love and prayers is a comfort to her.
Denise

Jen 10-07-2012 05:34 AM

Karen Z my address is:
Attn: Sheila
%Jennifer Evans
705 S. Vermillion St
Streator IL 61364

Jen 10-07-2012 07:20 AM

Just want to say thank you to everyone who is sending their love, support, prayers, cards, hugs, etc.. to my Mother Sheila. Sheila as well as her family sincerely appreciates it.

LoisLane 10-07-2012 08:30 AM

Been away and just came back and checked boards. Sending love and prayers to dear Sheila. Sheila you are such a wonderful woman you have always been so caring and helpful to all of us on this board. As we have come on to this board when first diagnosed your words of wisdom and kindness have always given hope and strength to carry on. I am thinking of you. Lois

karen z 10-07-2012 09:29 AM

Jen, thanks for sending along this address. Why don't we all send cards and notes so that something or some things arrive each day? K

Karen Z my address is:
Attn: Sheila
%Jennifer Evans
705 S. Vermillion St
Streator IL 61364

sassy 10-07-2012 06:37 PM

Love, prayer and cards to Sheila!

tricia keegan 10-08-2012 12:36 PM

Jenn I've been offline for a few days but will send a card off tomorrow but from Ireland may take a few days but praying for your Mom and wishing her well. xx

Jean 10-08-2012 01:07 PM

Dear Jen,
Of course!!!
I met your wonderful Mother on a SABCS trip.
She is one special lady (but you know that already).
Payers of strength and healing are being done and some for you also.

Hugs,
jean

Jen 10-08-2012 06:02 PM

My heart really breaks tonight for my Mom, Sheila. I want her to get better but I can't stand to see her suffering. Please continue to keep her and her family in your prayers and pray for Jazzy too because she broke her rod and needs surgery~Thanks Jennifer

Mary Jo 10-08-2012 06:10 PM

I am praying Jen. I'm so sorry you are all going through such a difficult time. Having had cancer and losing loved ones to cancer, I do now how you feel. It's hard. Watching our loved ones suffer is the worst. I don't know what to say. Only that I will pray. Praying peace and comfort for you all. I'm sorry this is happening. My heart is sad and I just don't know what to say.

Jen 10-08-2012 06:31 PM

Jasmine said to me a couple days ago "I hope Grandma doesn't give up on me" it broke my heart. Jasmine has developmental delays and is handicapped she has known Grandma all her life and Grandma has been there with us thru surgeries and hospitalizations.... What am I suppose to tell her? She asked me today if it was her fault Grandma had cancer. I explained to her that it was no ones fault that Grandma has cancer. I just wish my Mom would get better and be the Mom I have knew.... Sorry I just had to vent a little.... This is really hitting me hard and I know you guys will understand as my Mom Sheila would understand as she lost her own Mother to cancer a couple years ago almost.

Mary Jo 10-08-2012 06:49 PM

Dear Jen,

I understand oh so well. We need to vent....we need to say, "it's not fair"...."why her"...."I want life as I know it back"...and many other things that go through our minds.

Know that I care and know that my prayers are with you.

Mary Jo

Jen 10-08-2012 07:02 PM

I feel bad for venting as I don't have cancer but I would trade places with Mom if it would save her..

NEDenise 10-08-2012 07:24 PM

Jen,
Please don't apologize for venting. We all understand the pressure you are under.

You may not have cancer, that's true...but you're having to stand by and watch cancer drag your mom down, helpless to stop it. I lived that with my own mom a few years ago...and it's every bit as hard as having cancer yourself...believe me.

I hope all the love and prayers we're sending to you and to Sheila are a comfort. And, of course...I'm praying for Jazzy too.
Denise

Jen 10-09-2012 07:38 AM

I just got a text from Sheila's sister Sheila's husband and father had to take her to the hospital because she was short of breath and needs oxygen. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.