HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tiptoe the Chinese hamster (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30283)

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-16-2007 05:07 PM

On Bended Knees, Thank You Pinkgirl...

God bless you Pinkie! You are a sweetheart beyond description! I emailed these to you for you in order to share with you some of what I *Journalled* as it would be a long time till you ever saw them. AND, I (admittedly) prayed I'd appeal to your generous Spirit. THANK YOU for printing and cutting and scanning and posting and draining your ink supply...!!!!!

You are a true angel. I love you Pink One!

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/pe...ps/clip1-love2

Marlys 10-16-2007 11:01 PM

Pink Girl & Andi,
Thanks so much for the pictures. I have started a folder of all the pictures of Tip Toe and shared the drinking ones with my A.A. Buddies. They are so looking forward to meeting her. The same goes for my oncology nurses.
This thread has been a real delight for me.
Love & Hugs,
Marlys

StillHere 10-17-2007 04:52 PM

Andi, your grandchildren are adorable. I am soooo jealous!

You gotta luv the pic of Tip in the red convertible. Too Precious for words.

AbbyDawg 10-17-2007 05:44 PM

I've been in a bit of a Tykerb Fog for a couple weeks and just tonight got caught up on The Adventures of One Miss TipToe! This is the funniest thing ... and most heartwarming ... that I've seen in months. And above all, now I KNOW there are great benefits of being forced into the Cancer Club. An exclusive guest ... and the chance to be a part of her journey.

I would be so honored to host Ms. Tipster here in Minnesota. I do feel her life could be enriched by a venture into the lifestyle of Lake Wobegon and the Land of Prairie Home Companion. Perhaps a meeting could be arranged with the great Garrison Keillor him-seff! You all DO know about the Norwegian Sense of Humor, right? We are one of the few cultures that still invites jokes about themselves ... the secret being that WE actually laugh the hardest at them.

If perhaps Mizz Tip T. arrives in the winter, she could be invited to a Lutefisk Supper in the Church Basement. Here's a new Norski Mantra we could teach her:

Lutefisk, Lefse -
Copenhagen Snoose -
St. John's Lutheran
Has A Prayer Tip Can Use ! (Use = Yew-ssse ... Prounounced the Norski way to rhyme with 'snoose')

MN Twins baseball is a favorite here. Depending on timing, she could likely meet Harmon Killebrew or a few other baseball friends of mine. I already have a wooden bat her size. And funny enough, it is an advertisement for Bud Lite, I believe. Perhaps that won't affect her the way Coors did.

So, Mizz Pink, the AbbyDawg would be very honored to be added in TipToe's Travels!

AbbyDawg

PS Should I also mention that Minnesota is home to the Mall of America?!?

Sherryg683 11-01-2007 10:09 PM

Tiptoe needs to come to Baton Rouge and eat some good cajun food and watch LSU win the national championship..lol. She'd get along great with my ferret and guinea pigs...sherryg

Marlys 02-16-2008 07:26 AM

Bringing this forward just in case some of us may have missed it.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

PinkGirl 02-16-2008 11:13 AM

Good idea Marlys,
I go back and read this thread sometimes - it
is so funny. Maybe some of the newbies don't
even know how Tippy and Tex came about.

Marlys 11-06-2009 02:35 PM

Re: Tiptoe the Chinese hamster

Bringing this forward for our newbies who have not had the joy of knowing Tiptoe & Tex.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Jackie07 11-07-2009 09:12 PM

Hi,

Tiptoe the 'Chinese' hamster got so stuffed with Chinese food while staying in Central Texas that it began to think in Chinese and was about to master the language before getting the message that it needs to go to San Antonio. So the Golden hamster is now brushing up its Spanish and preparing its stomach for Mexican food... :)

Brenda, PM me your address and I'll send Tiptoe your way.

hutchibk 11-21-2009 11:12 AM

Jackie - I am not taking Tip Toe to San Antonio, I will be in Europe. But we need to get her and Tex to someone who will be there!

Jackie07 11-21-2009 02:10 PM

StephN is going to pick it from Austin. I'm waiting for her address.

StephN 11-21-2009 02:58 PM

We are on it! Our Chinese hamster Tiptoe has an address where I shall meet her and get her on a new round of travels.

Rich66 11-22-2009 03:34 AM

This whole thing is twisted and wonderful. Alas..not hosting any "rodents" here. Too many bad memories trying to eradicate them from an isolated rural setting. I will be happy to view from virtual distance.

Jackie07 11-24-2009 03:39 PM

Rich,

Here are two pictures of Tiptoe found in Pinkgirl's posting (#4) The box should arrive in Austin by December 4th.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/att...4&d=1206899081http://her2support.org/vbulletin/att...5&d=1206899089

StephN 12-28-2009 03:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jackie sent me some pics that were not uploading for some reason.

Here are Tiptoe and Tex resting at one of Jackie's shrines. They also found a sustainable pumpkin to nap on.

PinkGirl 05-19-2010 09:46 PM

Amelia/Schoolteacher was the last to host the kids.
Is anyone else interested in a visit? They are not
much trouble and quite entertaining .... StephN has
been the keeper of the schedule ... any takers????

Laurel 09-03-2010 07:01 PM

Where are tiptoe and Tex these days? They haven't been traveling much, or am I out of the loop? They may come to Hershey to taste the chocolate.

hutchibk 09-03-2010 08:14 PM

Actually, they usually attend SABCS in December every year, so perhaps the schedule can again be arranged around that?

Sheila 10-16-2010 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look who showed up unexpectedly at my house.....TipToe must want to check out the TDM-1...so she will be going with me to get some in another week!
She is empty handed, didn't bring a suitcase or anything, so we might be going shopping today!

PinkGirl 10-16-2010 08:31 AM

That little monkey .. she must have mailed herself to you!!!!

Mary Anne in TX 10-16-2010 08:42 AM

Well, I can totally understand Tip's confusion on what to wear to a TDM1 appt. It's a really special occasion and she's going with a superstar.....soooooooo, exactly what would you wear. But I think she needs something in black and orange to keep the magic going for this month.