HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Liver Enzyme ? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47116)

Barbara2 11-02-2010 05:39 PM

Re: Liver Enzyme ?

I am thinking of you, too. The waiting game is sooo hard.

mimiflower07 11-02-2010 10:53 PM

sending my well wishes to u pinky, i know how hard it is to wait. And a hug from near by. keep us posted
suzanne

PinkGirl 11-03-2010 05:52 AM

Thanks everyone. I am telling myself that the ultra sound technician
didn't gasp or shriek .. she didn't call anyone else in to help ... I'm taking this as she didn't see anything unusual .... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It will be a week on Friday so I might start phoning and bugging people tomorrow.

Barbara2 11-03-2010 09:23 AM

I would. My report was available 24 hours later. I called them, though, as they had told me the report would be ready within a day and a half, and I didn't want to wait for them to call me. They don't know miserable we are while waiting for their call; but they are busy and do it when they get around to it.

PinkGirl 11-05-2010 02:17 PM

SHEEEEET .. I have to have an MRI. The Ultra Sound showed a new
blob ... I have many hemangiomas ... I need the MRI to find out if this
is another one or a met .... POOP ...

Barbara2 11-05-2010 03:48 PM

Oh, man, now another time to wait and worry. I'm still betting that it is not cancer related, and hope that the MRI can be done in a more timely fashion than the ultrasound was. Did they tell you specifically where the blob was? Do you have a day scheduled?

PinkGirl 11-05-2010 04:47 PM

Thanks Barb. I didn't ask 'where' the blob is. No, I don't have a date for the MRI yet. It won't be more 'timely' than the ultra sound was. I had the ultra sound on a Friday and got the results the following Friday ... that's good.

Bill 11-05-2010 06:24 PM

Hey, you hang in there, Pink, and keep us posted on your MRI results. Maybe you should saddle up your sled dogs and take a spin around the block to keep your mind off things. You know how this thing goes. Test, wait, another test, false alarm, test....."oh, I'm sorry, we should have called you...." "We will call you on Friday, at 4:00, honest..."

caya 11-05-2010 06:26 PM

Hey Pink

Sorry to hear you need the MRI, but I bet it's nothing...
keep the faith.

all the best
caya

PinkGirl 11-05-2010 06:30 PM

Thanks Bill and Caya. I'm hoping it's nothing but I guess it could
be something. Taking the sled dogs out is a good idea Bill ... you're
always thinking ... :)

Bill 11-05-2010 06:54 PM

Well, you know....once you get out there, all saddled up, I'm sure you'll you shoot past a really sweet stream and be able to stop for a cast or two and bring in a couple salmon. My boy, Les Stroud, says you have a pretty good casting arm......

chrisy 11-06-2010 02:01 PM

Well Pink, they must've known you needed a little more excitement. Life can get pretty boring without having to have many many useless tests you know.

Many hemangiomas. I'm betting it's just another wanting to join the party.

enjoy the salmon

PinkGirl 11-06-2010 02:34 PM

Thanks Bill and Chrisy ... remember when I backed my truck
into the garage without opening the door first ... right after I
backed out of the driveway without unplugging the block heater???
That's when I was waiting for the MRI results on my 11 hemangiomas.
I think salmon fishing is a good idea.

tricia keegan 11-06-2010 02:47 PM

Hang in there Pink, at times we all go through these wake up calls but it's usually good news. My friend is a twenty four year survivor and just had scans/waiting to get the all clear for liver mets.
I'm thinking B9, B9, B9 for you!!!!!:)

sassy 11-06-2010 06:17 PM

Hey Pink!

Waiting for test results are the pits! I'm sure all will be well, but so much angst in the mean time!

Maybe you can give the sled dogs some string cheese, go on a fast sled trip, blowing the bees away enroute to catching a few select salmon, while helping to pass the time waiting for your test!

Gotcha in my prayers,

PinkGirl 11-06-2010 07:20 PM

Thanks Tricia and Sassy ... it really is the pits ... but I guess
this is the name of the game from now on ... I'll just hurry up and wait.

fauxgypsy 11-06-2010 07:26 PM

Hey Pink, You just hang in there. Waiting for results always SUCKS. Don't back into anything. Don't borrow trouble. Keep us updated.

Catherine 11-06-2010 07:54 PM

To the Pinkster,

"Sled dogs being chased by bees after they ate the spray cheese. " I think that should be the title of your biography. Just another day in Canada where all the candy has a different name......Eh?

Waiting for your wait to be over and hopefully hear that everything is normal, but looks funny on a digital screen.

PinkGirl 11-07-2010 07:32 AM

Thanks Catherine and Faux. I will not drive in reverse until
this is over with.

Ceesun 11-11-2010 08:52 AM

Pink, Just read the updates on the liver situation--I bet it is just another hemangioma....its good your onc is being very diligent. Hoping for the best, hang in there. "Ceese"