HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Devastated - told weeks!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38224)

DonnaD 03-02-2009 07:06 AM

Eric and Caryn,
Add me to the list of many praying for Caryn, you and your family. Hoping today you will get some direction in what way to go for the next treatment.

Donna

RobinP 03-02-2009 07:36 AM

"If there's a God - God Bless You ALL!"-

Yes, Eric, there is a God and it is hard to see the master's plan sometimes, especially in hard times. I am sending prayers your way that somehow your sweet family will be blessed in this crisis and for miraculous healing.

duga35 03-02-2009 07:47 AM

Eric, I am so sorry to hear this. I wish that I could offer more kind words to try and help you deal with this horrible news, but at these times I am usually just speechless.
We've never had the chance to interact with each other in the past, but I want you to know that you and your wonderful family are certainly in my prayers.

Barbara H. 03-02-2009 08:08 AM

T-dm1

Hi Eric,
I'm quite sure my idea won't work, but at this stage everything is worth trying. It is not clear to me that Caryn really progressed when she was on the TDM1 trial. She was also on a high dose. This is a very effective drug for some patients and she may not have had the opportunity to receive the enough treatments to help her. The drug companies are very strict, but maybe her trial doctor would be willing to fight for her to be placed with a lower dose back on the trial with this new development.

You and Caryn continue to be in my thoughts.

Barbara H.

lisajones4 03-02-2009 10:02 AM

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

Laurel 03-02-2009 12:07 PM

Eric,
There is a God and He is not a God of illness. Why people suffer and leave us I do not know. I do know this: God hears our prayers. I am crying for Caryn, but I am really crying for you. You and your family will be in my prayers. May some doctor offer you the gift of hope soon!

tricia keegan 03-02-2009 01:06 PM

Eric, my prayers are added for you and Caryn to all the rest here today. I'm so sorry you've received this news and only pray the Dr's come up with something to help.

schoolteacher 03-02-2009 02:29 PM

Eric,

I will be praying for your family and Caryn.

Amelia

Patty F 03-02-2009 05:53 PM

Eric,
You and Caryn are in my prayers.

Audrey 03-02-2009 07:20 PM

Eric,
I'm so sorry to hear of Caryn's latest prognosis--like others on this board, I've been reading your posts for years and have been pulling for her all along--I've always thought she was so lucky to have someone like you in her life, someone who is willing to do the research, advocate on her behalf, and come here and find support to offer her. Please know that I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers during this horrible time--and hoping for the best-

Cannon 03-02-2009 07:30 PM

Dear Eric,

I am sending you and your family love, that's all I have for you.

Rebecca

karenann 03-02-2009 07:39 PM

Caryn, you and your children are in my prayers. Please check out the information Lani sent. I looked it up and found something with Her2 bc and Adoptive t-cell transfer.

Hugs,
Karen

CindyE 03-02-2009 09:12 PM

Eric,
Caryn, you and the family are in my prayers. Keep hope. God bless.

Joy 03-03-2009 11:05 AM

lots of love

to all of you Eric. I think your continued research and tenacity have potential to help this situation. Not to mention the power of love, which you have exhibited so beautifully for so long. I am directing our Colorado sunshine to you with all of my might.

eric 03-03-2009 12:35 PM

Thank you all!
I spoke to Caryn's Dr who has agreed to start Caryn on herceptin with a very low dose of Gemzar. This was the first combo that Caryn went on to when first diagnosed stage 4. It brought her 2 years of NED. Apparently the dosage will be low enough that her liver should be ok. I know it's the longest pf shots but I'm happy to have it. My thanks to all of you. Your love and support are amazing.
I'll keep you advised.
Eric

StephN 03-03-2009 12:52 PM

Dear Eric - JOY is what comes into my heart from your post. I am so glad the docs have agreed that all may not be lost.

Are you doing anything else that is therapeutic for the liver such as Milk Thistle and some detox teas? I felt these extra remedies did help my body clear the cancer "debris" from my liver and blood.

vickie h 03-03-2009 01:43 PM

Eric dear! Good news! I'm elated that Caryn is starting on something that worked so well for her. Yea! If she can start taking Milk Thistle tea during the day, it is very beneficial to ridding the liver of toxins and it's very soothing. There are liver cleanser teas at the health food store that are combos of herbs but all have milk thistle in them. I'm still praying for you, Love, Vickie

Mary Jo 03-03-2009 01:48 PM

Dear Eric and Caryn...Hey a "long shot" is a shot, nonetheless. As the saying goes "where there is life, there is Hope" so never, never give up!

Enjoy each day to the fullest - no matter what! None of us knows our tomorrow's. We're all dying. Some just "know" where others don't have a clue. I feel those of us who "know" or who had our mortality smacked in our face are the lucky ones. I really do. We are able to do and say those things we want to say. Often times when death is sudden and totally unexpected there is so much regret.

So all - LIVE YOUR LIFE.......love those around you..............say everything you want to say TODAY as tomorrow might be too late.

God Bless us everyone....

Mary Jo

lkc Gumby 03-03-2009 01:56 PM

good news to have a plan. hope and prayers that this combo will be effective. (We can all live quite long time with a small percentage of a functioning liver)
God Bless.

chrisy 03-03-2009 02:12 PM

Eric,
I'm with Steph - glad to hear that Caryn's doctor is willing to consider another option. It's been a while since the Gemzar/Herceptin and that worked well before. Even if it is, as you say, a long shot. There's a reason why they throw hail mary passes...because sometimes they work.

Although the problem seems to be in the ducts, I also agree with trying supportive treatment for Caryn's liver. Milk Thistle, yes, beet juice is also good for general liver detox.

Hopefully the chemo will buy some time for Caryn to regain strength. I'm not completely clear on what the issue is, but is this a situation where they could put in a stent?

You are in my constant thoughts and prayers.