HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Totally random thoughts and comments (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40336)

Believe51 07-19-2009 05:45 PM

How were the ribs gentlemen??>>Believe51

Colleens_Husband 07-20-2009 08:05 AM

The ribs were perfect. Baby back ribs slowly smoked for two and a half hour in mesquite chips and glazed with a bourbon whiskey barbecue sauce. They were super tender.

Bill 07-20-2009 03:22 PM

Sounds great, Lee! We had a late lunch Saturday, so the teriyaki chicken/steak kabobs got carried over to Sunday. My ribs have to wait....

Believe51 07-20-2009 05:12 PM

I have been a vegetarian since I was 4. My parents got sick of trying to force me to eat it and met me half way, they said that I could become a vegetarian if I learned about the diet. Of course they never figured that I would learn so young or decide to stick to my guns. I could not read when I went to kindergarten but they helped me to discover the beauty of the diet.

I have tried here and there to eat a piece of meat, just cannot do it......yuck...

Sorry guys, I do appreciate the smell of some tender ribs cooking though or a nice juicy steak grilling.

juanita 07-20-2009 06:02 PM

how is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box full to start a campfire?

juanita 07-20-2009 06:03 PM

doctors can be frustrating. you wait a month and a half for an appointment and he says, "i wish you'd come to me sooner."

Colleens_Husband 07-21-2009 07:22 AM

Marie:

I was a vegetarian for several years. It wasn't because I love animals. It was because I HATE plants!

Spike

juanita 07-21-2009 08:39 AM

i've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. ma

Terri B 07-21-2009 01:30 PM

Bill, please try to keep the threads straight. I hate to think that things i need to know about you were just a random thought! understand?

chrisy 07-21-2009 01:47 PM

Terri,

I think an important thing to know about Bill is that he has a lot of interesting random thoughts!

sassy 07-30-2009 07:03 PM

Re: Totally random thoughts and comments

The New River runs backward---south to north.

StephN 07-30-2009 10:06 PM

All this talk about ribs and such has me thinking about the little BBQ place not far from here. The guy is from Florida and he imports "gater" as one of his menu offerings. Says it is MUCH lower in cholesterol than other meats. The guys from the car dealers down the road from him eat many pounds if it! I tried a sample, but was not too crazy about it. His slow smoked ribs (without sauce) are my fav!

vickie h 08-03-2009 07:45 PM

I love to boogie board!

vickie h 08-03-2009 07:53 PM

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bill 08-04-2009 04:46 PM

Are squash leaves edible? Because in a perfect world, they would be. Why not just cook 'em up like other greens? Please don't steer me wrong here, because it's not gonna take much encouragement from anyone and by God I'll be cookin' some up tomorrow. They look so rich and healthy. It's almost like you want to clip the yellow squash part off and feed them to the neighbor's dog and just harvest those succulent leaves. You know what I mean. We all have those thoughts now and then, right?

vickie h 08-05-2009 04:41 PM

So Bill, How was the Squash leaf d'jour today?

sassy 08-05-2009 08:31 PM

Yeah, Bill.

Don't "leaf" us waiting! How was it!?

Bill 08-06-2009 02:17 PM

I was hoping someone would just tell me if they're edible or not. I haven't eaten any yet. I was trying to avoid the survival/edible or not test. That takes 3 or 4 days.

vickie h 08-06-2009 11:15 PM

Aw, C'mon Bill, those squash leaves are completely edible and full of vitamins A & C! Saute them with a little olive oil and lemon juice and a touch of sea salt.
Don't you fret, if you end up with some allergic reaction (which you won't) I'll be bringing you flowers to the ER, along with a cheeseburger. I'm just saying.......

Bill 08-07-2009 07:49 PM

Wow, thanks Vickie! I'm gonna try that recipe within a few days. Mmmm....it's almost like I have nothing to lose. If it works, I'm eating a nice tasty, healthy dish, and if it doesn't work, I get a juicy cheeseburger from a sweet gal while I'm laying around in the ER. Awesome!