HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TIPTOE & Friends - New Schedule (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36168)

Sheila 01-16-2009 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tiptoe Update/
I mailed the gang yesterday...on their way to Lauries...I mailed them prioity mail so she should have them by Saturday....hold on Laurie, they are coming!
Celeste, they are very healing!!! I am hoping you can enjoy them while you recover.

PinkGirl 01-16-2009 08:07 AM

Cute picture Sheila. I think Tippy looks younger without her whiskers.

StephN, I think it would be nice for the kids to go where they are most
needed.... if it's okay with Marlys and WOS, maybe they could go to
Celeste to help with her recovery ....

Marlys 01-16-2009 08:43 AM

Steph,
That is fine with me.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

WomanofSteel 01-16-2009 09:20 AM

That would be fine with me also.

freyja 01-16-2009 12:49 PM

yippee

Very generous of you all. I don't even know what to say. Thank you. I'm very excited to know they're coming...with that new baby smell! Any updates on the new arrival?
Celeste

LAURIE 01-16-2009 04:47 PM

excited to get the kids. I hope this baby comes soon, I will feel bad holding onto them while others need them. I am starting to really get uncomfortable. Still working 8 hours a day a go to the doc on Tuesday. Maybe they will induce me early. I sure hope so. I will post to let everyone know that they arrived here safe and sound.

freyja 01-16-2009 07:22 PM

Don't worry about it one bit Laurie. Take as much time as you need. Although I know you're anxious and so are we.

SoCalGal 01-16-2009 11:36 PM

I am laughing so hard...leave it to you Pinkie to spot the missing whiskers. I'm sorry - I worried so about that decision but it just looked so masculine for a girl. I took a picture of Tiptoe with my brother-in-law who has a mustache. They looked like twins so I knew I must spring for laser hair removal. First time they were ever asked to charge by the hair. Let's not discuss money for such an important boost to Tippy's self-esteem. As for the matchstick - bad photo - they are little gold bobbie pins with a diamond star. Removable. Ditto for the second earring. Also my doing. Used the existing hole. And yes - there is a small tattoo on her wrist - says "fight" just like my daughter's. So please don't blame Andi. But it's funny to me that you thought it was her doing! You guys would die if you met me in person because I'm really so down to earth and not at all affected by all the ridiculous bs of BH. Hello to you from LA LA land. Don't be mad at the changes to your Tippy. I think she had fun with me. Stay warm and thanks for creating this Tiptoe bond for all of us to share. Love Flori

PinkGirl 01-17-2009 08:16 AM

Hey Flori
It's all cool ... I know you would have had Tippy's permission and she's
an adult, I think.

She looks younger and cleaner without the whiskers and if she ever
wants them back we can send her to AndiBB who is a pro at creating
eye brows ... and there's always thread or embroidery cotton to consider...
whatever Tippy decides is fine with me. Obviously she wanted them gone.

I meant to say "lovely" matchstick ... sorry ... couldn't see it well in the
picture. And, I didn't actually know that Tip has wrists ...

Hope you are well FloriGirl ...

StephN 01-17-2009 12:44 PM

"Girlifying" Tip

I think Flori actually did our Tipster a favor in "eliminating" those too-thick, too-black whiskers. All the live hamsters I ever met had shorter and much thinner & lighter colored whiskers. Sometimes almost hard to notice they were so whispy.

We would not like to think that Tip has a hormone imbalance causing unwanted hair! However I don't think Pinkgirl would approve of a "Brazilian" for our girl ...

Some CARE tips:

Hamsters are susceptible to wet tail, which is severe diarrhoea. This can be avoided by not feeding hamsters too much fresh food. However, it can sometimes be caused by stress, such as moving home. (We must do all we can to minimize this threat!) Wet tail is a serious condition, and if you suspect your hamster has it, you should consult a vet immediately.
Overgrown teeth can be a problem with hamsters as their teeth are constantly growing. This can easily be prevented by adding wooden toys to the hamster's cage.
Remember: Hamsters can also catch human colds, but a vet is very rarely needed in this case

Sheila 01-18-2009 06:04 AM

Steph
What about pierced tail?

LAURIE 01-19-2009 04:58 PM

They have arrived safe and sound in Massillon Ohio (on Sat. like you thought) I cannot believe it, I had them almost exactly a year ago. I will try to post some pics soon. Maybe the kids resting on my big ol belly. Going to the doc tomorrow. Hoping for god news. Maybe an early inducement.!!! Still wondering about the pushing part and my recent problems with the roids. Ouch!

StephN 02-13-2009 04:11 PM

Freyja next?

Hi Laurie -
Looks like from this thread that Celeste (Freyja) wants to be next.
Then she can send on to either Woman of Steel or Marlys, whoever is ready (or home) to receive them.

Look forward to a couple of pics when you are able.

Hugs to you and Ryder.

Unregistered 02-18-2009 08:25 PM

sent to oregon

hi laurie here. I sent the kids today. Wow $24 for 3-5 day arrival . I wonder if ups would of been cheaper. I figure the postal service needs the biz right now. So celeste they should be there soon. Enjoy!!!

freyja 02-18-2009 10:48 PM

So exciting. Thank you. They'll be here just in time for the beginning of my radiation treatment. Does Woman of Steel or Marlys want them next?

WomanofSteel 02-19-2009 07:46 AM

I believe that Marlys was actually next on the list, but was kind enough to give up her spot for Laurie. Therefore, she can send them on to us after her visit.

Marlys 02-19-2009 09:36 AM

I am going to be out of town so send them on to Woman Of Steel. We are doing our annual trek to Phoenix for pre-season baseball. I now know how to wait for the steps to come out on the motor home so hopefully I will not break any bones on this trip.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. It cost me $42.00 to send them U.P.S. to Laurie last February but worth every cent.

freyja 02-19-2009 12:49 PM

okeydokey Womanofsteel,
PM me your address. Will tiptoe get to meet that gorgeous white creature in your pic?
Celeste

WomanofSteel 02-20-2009 06:34 AM

Sent you my address. Unfortunaltely This is my mother-in-laws cat Mickey. He weighs in at 25 lbs. I just like the pic and am a sucker for cats. We have 2 kitties, Sydney and Pepper. I have had pics of them as my avatar also. I think my daughters hamster, Hamtaro is the one anxiously awaiting the visit. LOL

freyja 02-20-2009 01:44 PM

I got 'em! I'll post updates soon.
Celeste