HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SAD NEWS - Lolly has earned her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34299)

Unregistered 06-12-2008 01:01 PM

Hi, Lolly's daughter here

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my thanks to Bo's for all the kind messages. We really had no idea that she had such an impact on everyone here - she was always so humble. But I'm not really surprised. Throughout my entire life, she has always been such an inspiration to me, and I don't think there is anyone whose advice and approval meant more to me. Except Dad, of course... Bo and I really hit the parent lottery. We are so lucky.

I just wish each and every one of you could have met her in person. She always had a smile on her face, was so patient and kind, and god she was strong... she never complained to me about being sick, not once. She had such grace, and was just a naturally positive person. If it was ever work to keep that positive attitude (and I'm sure it must have been, at times), she just never showed it. Dad and Bo and I were laughing yesterday about one time when she really got annoyed with Dad and tried to flip him off.... and gave him a thumbs up instead. Negativity was just not in her nature.

I miss her so much... but I keep telling myself that while she definitely didn't deserve all she had to go through with this damn disease, she did deserve the peaceful end she had. I am thankful that it was so quick, and that at least at the end she wasn't in much pain. And that Dad, who was truly her soul mate, was with her.

Thank you, all of you who knew her, for your friendship to her over the years. I know it meant a lot to her. And thank you for all the love and support you are sending our way - it means a lot to us. I don't know how we'll get through without her... but I know that somehow, we will. We owe it to her not to let her loss cripple us. We were so lucky to have had her for as long as we did.

Anneliese

TSund 06-12-2008 01:18 PM

My first response is to be so really, really ANGRY that anyone, much less one so very good and kind as Lolly could be taken away. And then her continued presence in all those she touched reminds me to remember that which she valued and to try to live as she did; replacing those negative emotions with extended love to all the world. I'm afraid I'm not nearly so good at it as Lolly. She was amazing.
Bo, and Anneliese, you carry on her legacy of love. Thank-you so much for sharing, it means a great deal.

Terri

Christine MH-UK 06-12-2008 02:38 PM

Lolly was such as sweet person. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

charlotte 06-12-2008 03:12 PM

I was very sad to read this post...Lolly will be missed.

Bill 06-12-2008 05:09 PM

Anneliese, (what a beautiful name), your mom was such a wonderful woman. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your private memories. The next time I get angry at someone and want to flip them off, which never happens, so I'll have to pretend to be mad at one of my friends, I'm going to give them "the Lolly". You seem to be a living mirror of an amazing mother. Please feel free to keep in touch here, if you want to. You're in our thoughts and prayers, love, Bill

NanaKaren 06-12-2008 05:39 PM

Oh, Bill leave it to you to think of "the Lolly". I love it. I will also use the the thumbs up jesture now myself. And you are right. How nice of Bo and Anneliese to share their mother with us. I grew up in Corvallis where Lolly lived and everytime I saw her smiling face, I too smiled. My heart is breaking again for one of our sisters. NanaKaren

Liz J. 06-12-2008 07:20 PM

My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences to Lolly's family. She was a very special lady. I haven't posted much in the past 6 months or so, but whenever I did she replied in the most upbeat and sincere way.

Rest in Peace Dear Lolly.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

lexigirl 06-12-2008 11:26 PM

No words. Just plain saddened.

We will miss you Lolly.

Lexi

AbbyDawg 06-13-2008 01:01 AM

Lolly, you were a treasure to us ... and we can see so much of your love still with us in your family. It was an honor to know you ... and you will never, ever be forgotten!

AbbyDawg

tricia keegan 06-13-2008 02:23 PM

Can't believe it:(

I just logged on and like everyone else am so shocked to see this awful news. I'm just glad Lolly did'nt suffer in the end and it was quick and peaceful.
We'll miss her a great deal and my sincere condolence's to all her family.

Hopeful 06-13-2008 07:24 PM

I haven't replied until now, because I could not think what to say. Lolly was such a constant, reassuring presence here. Her loss is unfathomable. My sincerest condolences to her family. She is deeply missed.

Hopeful

sassy 06-13-2008 07:30 PM

I have been away for a week, and never expected to log on to find such devastating news. I too had no idea the severity of Lolly's situation.

Lolly offered great advice and support to me, especially during a time when I was concerned about nodes. She was certainly one of the most positive, selfless people that I have encountered.

This just seems so sudden---surreal----terribly sad. My prayers are with her family, and I thank Bo and Annelise for sharing with us.

Kavy 06-13-2008 10:44 PM

Bo and Anneliese,

I am so sorry and sad for the loss of your mom. I feel like I knew her just by reading her posts all these years. She was an amazing person, and she will be missed.
My deepest sympathy. I will pray for Lolly and for all of you.

Stephen, thank you for letting us know about Lolly.

KarlaV.

KellyA 06-14-2008 01:48 PM

I am deeply saddened to hear about Lolly. She was a very courageous and loving spirit and she will be greatly missed by many many people. Her husband and family will remain in my prayers.

Love, Kelly

sally 06-14-2008 05:02 PM

oh no

Frank, Bo and Anneliese, I am very shocked and sad to hear the bad news. Lolly has been the biggest inspiration to me for over 4 years. I always look for her posts and responses. She was always so positive and full of great information. She once told me that we were in it for the long haul. I think of those words all the time and I will continue to think of her and her words of wisdom. I also give my daughter a thumbs up and a kiss on the forehead which will be more reminders of Lolly. She was great person and will be missed alot. My thoughts and prayers go out to your entire family. I know you will stay strong and keep living life to the fullest. It is what Lolly would want you to do. I will miss her alot. Sally

notamrnpsn 06-14-2008 05:32 PM

Lolly

I too have been gone for a week and am stunned at the news. My sympathys to the family, Jeanette

Unregistered 06-15-2008 01:37 PM

So sad...

My heart is breaking right now.

Hugs and healing prayers.

Karen W.

Barbara2 06-15-2008 09:14 PM

Oh, no; I've been gone for a few days and just catching up on Her2 website and learned of this very sad news. My condolences to all who loved her and her many friends on this website. And to her husband, what a beautiful life you and Lolly shared. You were so lucky to have one another. What you shared is hard to put into words. The love in your heart is forever.

God bless you and wishing you God's strength and comfort.

Soccermom1955 06-16-2008 06:58 AM

So sad..

Unbearable news...Lolly has a special place in my heart as do so many of us...May the memories of happier times bring her family solace...

Sadly,Marcia

anne2 06-16-2008 07:23 AM

I am shocked

How sad. I also saw her last post, just a few days ago. I will always remember Lolly as welcoming me to the site back some 4 years ago. In fact when I googled her 2 support, her name first appeared in the description for the website. I was always inspired that she fought for so long and had a great attitude. I will miss her. My thoughts and prayers to her family.
Love,
Anne

lkc Gumby 06-16-2008 07:52 AM

My prayers go out out to all of Lolly's family and friends. May happier memories of Lolly comfort you in this difficult time.
I beleive There is a special place in Heaven for her.
God Bless.

MCS 06-16-2008 07:05 PM

I have not logged in for a long time and to see this about Lolly.
My thoughts to her husband and family and friends
I'm so sick and tired of losing us! where's the damn cure, the vaccine, the clinical studies that are faster to test, etc

Love to all of you
Maria

Belinda 06-17-2008 04:34 AM

Oh, this is too too sad. To Lolly's family - my condolences. I haven't logged in for a long time but when I have been here Lolly has been such a gentle, wise and generous soul...like others, I didn't know how ill she was...so sad...Bx

jones7676 06-17-2008 02:31 PM

I was shocked to read of Lolly passing...I haven't been able to get on here much lately, so I was not prepared for this. It seems like we are losing too many members lately - or is it just me. Enough already....I hope the researchers come up with something better soon for us all. Please convey my condolences to the family.

chrislmelb 06-17-2008 04:13 PM

i am really saddened to read of Lolly's passing.
I will be thinking of her family.
RIP Lolly

vickie h 06-18-2008 08:09 AM

We''ll Miss Lolly

I just found out about Lolly. There are no words to describe the loss I feel. She was here from day one for me and all on this site. I had no idea she was so sick. I wish her family love and healing and prayers. Thank you, God, for sharing Lolly with all of us....Vickie

Gina 06-18-2008 09:37 AM

Happened on the site today and was so sad to learn the news

Hi, everyone,

Just by chance happened to be on the site today to learn of Lolly's passing. I am too sad for words as I remember her being here as long as I have been on the site.

Deepest sympathy to her friends and family...she will be GREATLY missed,
Gina
GPopp@Comcast.net

Jackie07 06-18-2008 11:37 AM

My condolences to Lolly's family and her family on this board - including myself. I always love to see her picture with her hubby - such good smiles, such love between them.

I am glad to have known such wonderful lady. What a good example for others to learn how to live with love and how to leave with fond memories!

Unregistered 06-19-2008 06:32 PM

Lolly's Obituary

Hi everyone, Anneliese here again. We wanted you all to see mom's obituary:

http://www.gtconnect.com/articles/20...obi03_gast.txt

Unregistered 06-28-2008 09:22 PM

I'm so sad to hear about Lolly. My heart hurts. Bo and Anneliese, I'm sure your Mom is very proud of you. She was very special and kind. Thanks for thinking of us. Bev

Sherryg683 07-05-2008 07:17 PM

I am just reading this, and this has got me so upset. Lolly was such a wonderful support on this group and such a lovely lady with a fighting spirit. Last post I had read from her, she seemed to doing as well as possible. That's what I hate so much about this disease, it makes no sense. I am so sad now...sherryg683