HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Things you didn't know about me! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40342)

chrisy 07-13-2009 11:15 AM

I decided to become an accountant just to prove that not all accountants had to be boring. Before that, I was a psychology major...which actually serves me well in my work!

StephN 07-13-2009 12:10 PM

Sheila - Good for you! Hope you are working with those grandchildren to help them with spelling/grammar. The teachers sure let a lot of errors go by "in the interest of getting the child through the grade level." Where has pride in our language gone??

Sheila 07-13-2009 12:33 PM

Steph
My younger sister still calls me for spelling corrections...even with spell check...

Colleens_Husband 07-13-2009 01:33 PM

Something you don't know about Colleen. She is really smart. She works for me as a researcher and she just naturally picks up difficult concepts without having me to tell her what to look for.

Colleen is great at gardening. She grows bigger and better peppers, tomatoes, sunflowers and pumpkins than any body I know.

Finally, Colleen is the best person I have ever met. Her first instinct is to always do the right thing. I am very fortunate to be able to spend my life with her.

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 02:05 PM

I was voted Worst Flirt my senior year of high school. And one of my best friends was voted the same the year before. ;)

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 02:06 PM

I also said in my yearbook I wanted to be a scientist.

Terri B 07-13-2009 02:34 PM

I have arachnophobia. So severe that I will black out if there is one close enough and big enough. UGH.

I can handle any other of God's creatures but those! Give me snakes, mice, wasps anyday!

Jackie07 07-13-2009 02:42 PM

Terri,

I kept a big one in a jar in my room when I was in Junior High. :)I also made my oldest sister 'scream' when she tried to clean my room ang got a long, thin 'scroll box' out from under my bed. It was full of leaves, caterpillars, and some moths and cacoons. I learned from the experiment that the regular sized caterpillars won't become butterflies, only small flying stuff... :)

Spiders eat roaches... (I hear your 'screams' - hey, this is part of the 'desensitizing' program...:)

Terri B 07-13-2009 02:52 PM

Jackie,

desensitizing does not work for me. I've tried. I hate it at work when someone comes in with a spider story, then next thing you know, 10 more people all have spider stories, each one worst than the last!!!!

I just want to vomit and hide.

vickie h 07-13-2009 03:11 PM

What Terri? No Charlotte's Web? Just kidding!

Jackie07 07-13-2009 03:13 PM

Terri,

You've already typed the word 'spider' two times. Evidently the desensitizing process worked... :)

Perhaps we can ask Joe to put into a device that will automatically block postings that contain either the Latin, Greek, or English form of the critter for you? The Chinese word is '蜘蛛' (Chihchu).

Don't block me, I might post some interesting and/or valuable information in the future - NOT. :)

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 03:21 PM

I have pteromechanophobia and a Citation type rating. :)

Jackie07 07-13-2009 03:32 PM

'lizbeth,

'Scientists' are usually the 'worst flirts'. Are you a 'scientist' now? If so, I am sure you don't care about the labels any more. If not, those immature opinion of your school mates were wrong and there's no need to be worried about it. :)

I'd had 'pimples' all over my face since junior high. My home room teacher even pointed to the one on the tip of my nose one time and laughed. And I was too tall for most of the men in Taiwan, so (not really a causal-effect) I came to the States and found me a good-looking guy to marry... (No, I came on a student Visa - to marry a gringo was not my intent - it just 'happened' while I was on the so-called 'practical training' visa after I'd gotten my degree.)

Remember 'living well is the best revenge'... :)

Jackie07 07-13-2009 03:44 PM

'lizbeth,

For 'flying' or 'driving'? (The 'Citation' :)

sassy 07-13-2009 03:57 PM

I won the county 4-H blue ribbon in Arts and Crafts for my demonstration of Tie Dying........the first time it was popular......boy do I sound old!

juanita 07-13-2009 05:02 PM

i am going to be a grandma again sometime in feb or march. trying to pin down a date!

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 05:32 PM

Flying. I have a Commercial Multi-Engine certificate and obtained my Citation Type rating in March 2006. I did the training and checkride in a Citation II.

I took a discovery flight in 1993 to humor a bank auditor. I was working as an Accounting Manager at Eagle One (car care products). And I had a terrible fear of flying after a bad experience on TWA Flight 99. I almost never flew again after the first flight but the flight instructor scheduled me for 6 more lessons and I didn't have the heart to cancel.

On the 2nd lesson I was hooked. Over the last 16 years I've accumulated 1000 hours, over 100 in turbine aircraft and some of the biggest adventures and best friends ever. :)

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 05:34 PM

My previous job was as a diamond grader. I had a sparkling good time.

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 05:41 PM

It was my birthday on July 5th. I shamelessly went and updated my profile so everyone would notice. However, I forgot to save the update. So no one noticed, not even Believe51, Ms. Marie, who notices everyone's birthday. LOL

Henny 07-13-2009 06:01 PM

I lived on a commune in the early 70's.

hutchibk 07-13-2009 07:16 PM

I just bought a hula hoop.

'lizbeth 07-13-2009 07:23 PM

Hutchibk - a hula hoop? I love it! And how is the hula hoopin'?

Believe51 07-13-2009 08:46 PM

'lizbeth, I knew it was your birthday, yeah, yeah....I thought you wanted to keep it a secret, ah..that's right, yeah. Yeah, I thought you wanted to keep it quiet, that's the ticket. (rotfl!!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!! Your secret is out know but atleast I am not the blame (lol)

hutchibk 07-13-2009 09:25 PM

I think the hula hoop broke one of my ab muscles. Ha ha. No really. I'll let you know after I recover.

Henny 07-14-2009 09:28 AM

If I had a hula hoop I'd have to use it in the bathroom or garage with the door closed-NOBODY should see me hooping it up (or it falling to my feet over and over as I work on the hip twist thing)

'lizbeth 07-14-2009 10:07 AM

I'm not good at keeping secrets. LOL

Not like Marie :)

'lizbeth 07-14-2009 10:08 AM

Maybe I should buy a hoola hoop. I'd like to be narrower around the middle.

hutchibk 07-14-2009 04:04 PM

That's what I bought it for. It is awesome ab work. It burns about 250 calories in 30 minutes. I can only do about 10 minutes right now. It has to be the proper size for an adult. The plastic ones for kids at Walmart or the grocery store don't work for adults. Mine is 40" and weighs about 2.5 lbs. It's about the best "core" workout you can do. It takes some practice, but practice itself is a great workout. Mine ends up around my feet after about 30 secs or a minute, but I pick it up and do it again and again... also, you have to teach yourself how to do both directions. One of my directions is broken, apparently. Ha.

Bill 07-14-2009 04:11 PM

When I was a kid, I wanted to buy one of those plastic fake ice cubes that you see in the back of comic books, but my Mom said no, so I made my own out of real ice and real bugs and kept my little secret in the freezer on the bottom tray of our stack of four trays of ice cubes, and then when my Mom and Dad had a Christmas party at our house, I offered to ice everyone's drinks. Boy, was that the greatest idea ever, at least for a few minutes. Justice was swift and immediate!

Bill 07-14-2009 04:16 PM

You know, Hucklebuck, if you hold a few small hand-weights in your hands as you twirl around inside that Hula hoop of yours, you can call it "cross-training". Maybe a pound or two.

sassy 07-14-2009 08:02 PM

When I was in college I cut tobacco to help a group earn money.

Believe51 07-14-2009 08:57 PM

All of my closet friends in my daily life I have had for 20+ years.

And the friends I have made here, I feel like I have had them for 20+ years. Love ya.>>Believe51

juanita 07-15-2009 03:06 PM

i am left-handed.

hutchibk 07-15-2009 04:17 PM

I am right.

hutchibk 07-15-2009 04:17 PM

Oops, did I leave a word out of that last sentence?

Jackie07 07-15-2009 04:20 PM

I am right handed. But I can play basketball with both hands. And I can write with my left hand also - having practised it 20+ years ago while tutoring a 10-year-old boy who had lost the use of his right hand because of a car accident.

My Sister-in-law is left-handed. She uses her right hand for most tasks except 'writing'. She plays piano and organ very well. She's a nutrition professor and a RD, PhD.

All the left-handers I know are smart people. The best athlete in my high school and college years(we played on the same team for 7 years) is a left-hander. She's top student of her class [in the top college in Taiwan]while on both basketball team and track team. I think it might have something to do with having to exercise both sides of their brain.

The percentage of modern left-handed presidents is very high - another proof.

Bill 07-15-2009 05:19 PM

If you notice, there are more and more left-handed people about these days, both men and women. It used to be somewhat rare to see a left-handed woman, but now they're everywhere. Left-handed people are taking over the world, one generation at a time.

Jackie07 07-15-2009 05:36 PM

Don't be paranoid, Bill. You see more and more left-handers these days because children are no longer forced to use their right hands any more.

So more and more people are going to be the 'smart' left-handers who can use both hands well. (Look at the percentage of left-handed presidents we've got in the last twenty years. We are headed toward the left-handed Aquarius Age :)

Sheila 07-15-2009 06:16 PM

I am Left handed...well actually ambidextrous...I had a teacher in 2nd grade who did not want a left hander in her class...I was made to feel like there was something wrong with me...anyway, I never learned to write with my right hand, but I eat right handed, bowl right handed, iron right handed, pitch right handed, use scissors with my right hand...however, I write, swing the bat (baseball) and golf Left handed....I am just plain weird! (all thanks to my 2nd grade teacher)

AbbyDawg 07-15-2009 06:21 PM

I write right handed but am left-hand dominant ... which provides much entertainment for neurologists. So, as some of my editor friends say, I am "amphibious."

Another source of amusement for neurologists is that I am 6' tall but only wear a size 7.5 - 8 shoe. I'm an endless target of tip-over jokes for them ... and for countless friends to threaten to use me instead of going cow-tipping!

PS - Most folks don't know that neurologists have a sense of humor!