HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Good News...Bad News...Okay News (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55355)

KristinSchwick 08-08-2012 05:33 AM

Re: Good News...Bad News...Okay News

Denise- I had a similar experience with my bone mets. My breast tumor was Her2+++, and ER-, but before I finished treatment it jumped to the bones. My doc suspected ER+ then but didn't biopsy the bone because (1) painful and (2) alot of false negatives do to the poor technique. Instead he dug up my lymph nodes from over a year prior, and had the + ones stained for estrogen receptors. Apparently they never check for ER status in lymph nodes- only in the primary tumor (breast). Anyway- the lymph nodes were like 98% positive for ER. So ta da! I really felt like God just threw me a bone (pun intended). Just something to think about- or talk to your doc about. :)

JennyB 08-08-2012 05:38 AM

Very happy for your MRI results that is great news, good luck on friday we will be thinking of you.

Jenny

Rolepaul 08-08-2012 06:06 AM

Denise,
Nina has had this done three times and said the prep is worse than the procedure. I will say to take the anti-nausea and steroids as she has needed them each time. Let's stay in touch through PM as well. Who knows, maybe it will be like the cartoon and light bulbs go on when you think hard. Sorry, have to have some humor as others get better from the point you are at. Keep asking what the next step will be to get the spots out of the brain. Nina and Carol were successful and others were able to do it with treatments like you are on.

Livefor mykids 08-08-2012 05:18 PM

That's wonderful news Denise! You are such a speacial spirit! May god watch over you on Friday and answer all of the prayers coming your way!

NEDenise 08-09-2012 03:36 PM

Okay friends...
It's crunch time.
In exactly 12 hours...my Gammaknife adventure begins.

Freshly washed hair.....check!
Comfy outfit laid out.....check!
Snacks packed...........check!
Books, music, cards packed.....check!
Food deliveries lined up for kids.......check!

Checking in to remind my friends to send love, light, prayers, and positive energy my way.........check!

Not scared at all.....check! (seriously!)
Firmly trusting that I'm in good hands...knowing in my heart that everything will turn out just fine. :) Double Check!

Love to all of you!
Denise

StephN 08-09-2012 04:12 PM

Denise has a handle on EVERYTHING - check.

caya 08-09-2012 05:13 PM

Sending big hugs from Canada to Denise - check.

Saying prayers for Denise - check.

Letting Denise know she is awesome, one brave warrior woman. - check.

all the best
caya

Redwolf8812 08-09-2012 05:13 PM

prayers...check

JillaryJill 08-09-2012 07:18 PM

Thinking of you Denise. You are an inspiration. My prayers tonight will be dedicated to you. Blessings to you...check!

Pray 08-09-2012 09:20 PM

Well loved! check.

I will be hopeing and praying all goes well tomorrow for you Denise. Also for your wonderful husband who I'm sure this has been know cake walk for him either.

God is good all the time!

Laurel 08-10-2012 05:40 PM

Trusting that you are tolerating the "zapping" and "post-zapping" just fine--check!

Uh, so CHECK in as soon as you are able 'cuz I just would like to hear that the above is spot on. Thinking of you.