HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   new development surgery on Saturday (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48128)

Pam P 12-22-2010 04:00 PM

Re: new development surgery on Saturday

Thanks again for all of your support. It's great to hear from all of you! I'll let you know when I make a new milestone. One step at at time - literally & figuratively! Blessings this Christmas.

Sheila 12-22-2010 04:32 PM

Pam...so great to see you are on the mend and to read your post...your typing is fine...you are dealing with a bunch of women who have been on the drugs before...we know what you are saying....
Thinking positive thoughts for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joan M 12-22-2010 09:19 PM

Pam,

I'm glad you're home from the hospital and on the road to recovery. Thanks for letting us know.

Joan

LoisLane 12-22-2010 09:54 PM

Pam wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep the spirit. Wishing you a peaceful healing Christmas and a healthy happy new year. Lois

Trish 12-22-2010 11:37 PM

Great news , thanks for letting us know. I'm impressed your typing at all!
Trish

sassy 12-23-2010 10:42 AM

Good to hear from you again Pam. You're "sounding" better already! Have a wonderful Christmas

Mary Anne in TX 12-26-2010 01:36 PM

Pam, I'm jumping in so late, but sending much love and encouragement for a pain free, fast-healing recovery! ma

Jean 12-26-2010 03:14 PM

Pam,
Just got on the board and read your post.
I am sorry to hear this news - by now you have had your surgery. I hope that your recovery is fast and smooth.

Best Wishes,
Jean

krisvell 12-26-2010 05:03 PM

Pam,
You've been in my prayers and I hope that everything went well. I'm rooting for you.
Kris...

Mary L 12-26-2010 05:18 PM

Merry Christmas. I have an appointment to see my onc on Jan 3. I have been dealing with an enlarged, painful lymph node under my chin. My husband has bronchitis and I am really trying to convince myself that I probably have the same infection in my body but......I am really freaking out. I know I am acting really stuped and there is probably nothing wrong with me but....Why am I acting like this? It is so hard to be a cancer patient!!! I really have been strong but something is telling me this might not be ok. I have been a strong, positve IBC patient and I seem to be falling a part. Please pray for me. Thankyou. Mary L

Pam P 12-26-2010 06:37 PM

Mary - This is scary stuff. I am praying that the lymph node is just a virus infection and will be improved by Jan 3. Any chance you can see the doctor this week instead? The waiting and worrying is so hard when we are fearing bad news even though it is most likely nothing worrisome, I totally understand the freaking out and know it's hard to stay calm, but please try. Deep breathes, positive thoughts. Now I must take my own advice too!

Trish 12-28-2010 02:37 AM

I'm hoping it is bronchitis too Mary. Hope you are recovering steadily Pam.
Trish

Catherine 12-28-2010 09:21 PM

Hi Pam,

Welcome home from the hospital. Nice to see your post. How cool that you could encourage Mary with her swollen lymph situation. As all have mentioned, after and during cancer, any change presents itself as a problem in our brains. You are right about the deep breathing. I think that typing on our Her2 site helps too. I am watching a bio of John Belushi right now...funny stuff. The drug stuff is too bad but he was a funny guy. Everyone is recommending the new movie "The King's Speech." Just a little Hollywood conversation to make this a light post!

Hugs and Happy New Year to all,
Catherine

Pam P 12-29-2010 06:12 AM

Catherine - Thank you for your encouraging message. I've heard good things about the King Speech. I posted an update on the other thread I started. Thanks again for your post

Mary L 12-29-2010 10:28 AM

Pam. I am glad that you are home. It's always nice to be in your own home. I hope that you are healing well and not in too much pain. Thank you for the message. It is still there but not as painful. I'll find out soon. Best Wishes. Mary L

tricia keegan 12-30-2010 02:04 PM

Good to read you're back home and recovering Pam, and best wishes to you Mary and hoping for good results:)

Pam P 12-30-2010 02:50 PM

I just got home today - Thursday, a couple of hours ago. Good to be in my own space and have my own bed, but I do like those beds that go up and down!

StephN 12-30-2010 03:22 PM

Another page turned - to be HOME now.
We would rather have YOU going "up and down" rather than the bed have to ...

Sheila 12-31-2010 05:41 AM

Pam
Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts today, and hoping you are gaining strength each day....you are such a warrior.....you give us all hope!